I think we've found our Clarkson replacement

roomtemp

It is always easy to criticize guys, but then its like the guy plays in the NHL, which means he is a better hockey player than me.

See I'm always curious about just how skilled you have to be to play in the NHL.  Like, take Cam, and put him on a college team for a day (or CHL, high school, whatever).  Besides the physical domination of a man vs. boys, would he out-skill most of the players?

Edited by Devilsfan118

I remember reading some tweets that Cordell put out over the offseason about some charity game or scrimmage involving Clune on the Preds and he was saying that he was making people look silly. He might not be thought of as on Janssen's level but he's still bottom level on an NHL team.

See I'm always curious about just how skilled you have to be to play in the NHL.  Like, take Cam, and put him on a college team for a day (or CHL, high school, whatever).  Besides the physical domination of a man vs. boys, would he out-skill most of the players?

I have a friend of a friend that had a rec hockey game and mat zuccarello (sp?) showed up and the most notable difference was conditioning.  Being fast to begin with, he was just skating circles around people.

I remember reading some tweets that Cordell put out over the offseason about some charity game or scrimmage involving Clune on the Preds and he was saying that he was making people look silly. He might not be thought of as on Janssen's level but he's still bottom level on an NHL team.

Actually, wasn't Parros a goal scorer at Princeton?  I mean, his current NHL team role doesn't exist in college so he must be pretty skilled on some level.  

All in all I still like Cam's his attitude......... Honestly happy for him, even its a couple games or the whole.season he stay with the big club. Not the most skilled player, but he brings it every night.  :boogie:

Edited by Uncle Albert

I thought of this thread watching the game on DVR this morning. I know we signed Clowe as our Clarkson replacement, and can chuckle about Cam filling the same role, but really, Steve Bernier has done everything Clarky did for us in the last two years and with a lot more skill. Bernier provides grit, physicality and a net presence in front. And, unlike Clarkson, he CAN skate. All hail Steve! Huza!

I thought of this thread watching the game on DVR this morning. I know we signed Clowe as our Clarkson replacement, and can chuckle about Cam filling the same role, but really, Steve Bernier has done everything Clarky did for us in the last two years and with a lot more skill. Bernier provides grit, physicality and a net presence in front. And, unlike Clarkson, he CAN skate. All hail Steve! Huza!

Yep. Bernier is like a better skating, less productive Clarkson, lol.

All in all I still like Cam's his attitude......... Honestly happy for him, even its a couple games or the whole.season he stay with the big club. Not the most skilled player, but he brings it every night.  :boogie:

you can tell he does work his ass off for the small amount of ice time he gets..He wants it he's hungry to be with the big club..sometimes that want and drive is all it takes to make the difference

LMFAO VIA WIKIPEDIA

Cameron Wesley Janssen[1] (born April 15, 1984) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently a member of the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Devils drafted him 117th overall in the fourth round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Janssen is regarded as an enforcer. However, due to his recent surge in offense, Cam Janssen is projected to lead the Devils in scoring this year and is now classified as a top 6 forward.

LMFAO VIA WIKIPEDIA

Cameron Wesley Janssen[1] (born April 15, 1984) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently a member of the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Devils drafted him 117th overall in the fourth round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Janssen is regarded as an enforcer. However, due to his recent surge in offense, Cam Janssen is projected to lead the Devils in scoring this year and is now classified as a top 6 forward.

LOLOLOLOL!!!