Concerts

Devils Dose

Got tix yesterday for System of a Down and The Deftones @ PNC August 4th...

going to be EPIC

i also saw Mastodon and Opeth a few weeks ago... Opeth didnt play long enough, but were still awesome. Mastodon is crazy live

Edited by Microwavepizza

Let's see...

Saw Kraftwerk last month at MoMA. That was nifty.

Just got tickets for Sigur Ros at the Mann Center in Philly in July 29th, and will be purchasing tickets to Death Cab at Wellmont Theater when they go on sale tomorrow.

I still want to go to at least one festival this year, but I'm not sure that's happening at this point.

Got tix yesterday for System of a Down and The Deftones @ PNC August 4th...

going to be EPIC

i also saw Mastodon and Opeth a few weeks ago... Opeth didnt play long enough, but were still awesome. Mastodon is crazy live

I just learned that System of a Down will be coming to PNC today, I can't wait to finally see them again! I will also be going to see Iron Maiden next month in Camden, too bad they won't be stopping at PNC though.

I just learned that System of a Down will be coming to PNC today, I can't wait to finally see them again! I will also be going to see Iron Maiden next month in Camden, too bad they won't be stopping at PNC though.

nice! a good friend of mine has seen Maiden a bunch of times and said they are amazing live

I havent seen System yet, looking forward to it (i have tix in 302 thanks to SOAD presale) ive seen The Deftones 3 times, really excellent life

nice! a good friend of mine has seen Maiden a bunch of times and said they are amazing live

I havent seen System yet, looking forward to it (i have tix in 302 thanks to SOAD presale) ive seen The Deftones 3 times, really excellent life

Yea I saw Iron Maiden a few years back when they only played songs from Powerslave and earlier, it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I saw System of a Down a year or two before that at Ozzfest and it was just alright because they had a shortened set since there were so many bands plus I was exhausted from being out in the sun seeing all the other bands all day long, so this will probably be different.

Saw thrash metal veterans Overkill last night at Best Buy Theater in NYC, and they were awesome. I hadn't seen them live since the late 80s. Lead singer Bobby Blitz Ellsworth is still lean, mean and full of energy. He hasn't lost a step. And the band sounds exactly like they did back then. The best part about the show was when Blitz acknowledged the Rangers big Game 7 win against the Caps, he said he is a Devils fan! I always wished that the Devils would play an Overkill song once in a while during home games. Some of their tunes would fit in perfectly at a hockey game. Plus, the band hails from from New Jersey!

Saw thrash metal veterans Overkill last night at Best Buy Theater in NYC, and they were awesome. I hadn't seen them live since the late 80s. Lead singer Bobby Blitz Ellsworth is still lean, mean and full of energy. He hasn't lost a step. And the band sounds exactly like they did back then. The best part about the show was when Blitz acknowledged the Rangers big Game 7 win against the Caps, he said he is a Devils fan! I always wished that the Devils would play an Overkill song once in a while during home games. Some of their tunes would fit in perfectly at a hockey game. Plus, the band hails from from New Jersey!

They have been on my mental list of bands to check out for like ten years now. Maybe after reading that story I will finally get to it haha.

Saw After the Burial. Miss May I, and WHITECHAPEL at Freebird Live in Jacksonville Fla last wednesday. Was a pretty awesome show, definitely got punched in the face in the pit and was bleeding all over the place uncontrollably. I was wearing my Defend Jersey shirt so I thought it was appropriate to see it covered in blood.

Concert calendar:

5/30 - River City Extension/The Drowning Men, Maxwell's, Hoboken

7/19 - Death Cab For Cutie/Surfer Blood, Wellmont Theater, Montclair

7/21 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground, PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel

7/29 - Sigur Ros, Skyline Stage @ Mann Center, Philadelphia

I really need to add to this. Maybe Catalpa Festival in NYC, or System Of A Down/Deftones at the Arts Center.

Seeing Flogging Molly at the Bethlehen Sands Event Center next Thursday (5/24). The venue will only have been open for a little over a week when I get there...no idea what to expect.

My concerts for the next few months (So Far)

5/25 - Garbage - Atlantic City

6/18 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground - Roseland Ballroom

*6/29 - Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger (not sure if i WILL go, but i want to)

8/4 - System of a Down and Deftones - PNC Bank Arts Center

ive thought about going to see Shadows Fall and Fear Factory at gramercy theater... but my metal friends are not around and i will die if i go haha

Edited by Microwavepizza

My concerts for the next few months (So Far)

5/25 - Garbage - Atlantic City

6/18 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground - Roseland Ballroom

*6/29 - Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger (not sure if i WILL go, but i want to)

8/4 - System of a Down and Deftones - PNC Bank Arts Center

ive thought about going to see Shadows Fall and Fear Factory at gramercy theater... but my metal friends are not around and i will die if i go haha

That is one 90s-heavy concert lineup you've got going there. I, naturally, approve. :clap2:

That is one 90s-heavy concert lineup you've got going there. I, naturally, approve. :clap2:

haha what can i say, i love my 90s music... channel 34 - Lithium on SiriusXM is pretty much all i listen to

you got some good shows comin up too... enjoy!

Edited by Microwavepizza

They have been on my mental list of bands to check out for like ten years now. Maybe after reading that story I will finally get to it haha.

Here you go. Just watch the first minute.

2 Weeks until Radiohead at Prudential Center. Have been waiting for this show since 2008! Anyone else going to either shows at the Rock?

It's sold out, isn't it? I'd like to go, but I'll have to see how reasonably the secondary market is behaving.

It's sold out, isn't it? I'd like to go, but I'll have to see how reasonably the secondary market is behaving.

Both days sold out in minutes. They have some reasonable prices online right now. Starting at $60 for thursday and $80 for friday. If you haven't seen them, they are incredible live.

It's going to be a SICK few days at the Rock for me. Game 1 tonight, Radiohead Friday, then Game 2 Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...