438 replies to this topic

#321 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

I hope one day Lou learns how to put a team together as well as a bunch of people of this board can. :rolleyes:

Maybe he didn't sign Mueller or Wolski was because he didn't want them?? Or maybe they didn't want to come here?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#322 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Damn, Mueller too? I know I just said I wanted Wolski, but he's about 4th on the list of UFA forwards I wanted the Devils to take a chance on. Mueller's something else though, he could still really turn out to produce a lot in the future. Aside from Semin, there isn't another UFA I wanted the Devils to sign more than Mueller. Oh well, let's hope that something pans out. I'm not sure what to think of Huselius, but at this point, it's worth the risk, in my opinion.

Getting kind of nervous for this season now. The Devils' options are running out, it seems. I'm starting to think they're either moving Bernier up to another line, or else placing a lot of hope in Tedenby, which is kind of scary. At least we can almost count on a trade.

#323 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

I hope one day Lou learns how to put a team together as well as a bunch of people of this board can. :rolleyes:

Maybe he didn't sign Mueller or Wolski was because he didn't want them?? Or maybe they didn't want to come here?

I agree with that !
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#324 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Duh, already posted.

Edited by Z-Man, 12 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#325 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

Oh well, Mueller had concussion issues and no one wants to sign players who've had a past history of concussions.

For one year, under Poni's $1.8 million for a 24 year old former first round pick...I'd take that chance.

#326 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Selanne is coming back to the Ducks.

http://spectorshocke...rning-to-ducks/

4.5 for a year.

#327 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I hope Elias ages similar to Selanne
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#328 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

selanne: 'i still enjoy the game...42 sounds old but mentally i feel the same age as getzlaf and those other guys.'

well thats probably cause Getzlaf is fvcking slow and lazy lol

edit: also cause Getzlaf already have a bald spot

Edited by SterioDesign, 12 July 2012 - 01:57 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#329 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

I honestly think we're not signing anyone and Lou is just gonna make a trade involving Greene or Tallinder for someone like Sam Gagner.
25smul5.png

#330 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I honestly think we're not signing anyone and Lou is just gonna make a trade involving Greene or Tallinder for someone like Sam Gagner.

Why do we need another center?

Tallinder for Hemsky on the other hand seems like a much better solution. Again, the Devils need the RW depth and if they do get Hemsky they would have to hope he can stay healthy. Although his health problems aren't nearly as big of an issue as Mueller.

Three possible line combos: (Since without Poni the third line has opened up a hodgepodge of possibilities.)

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Or perhaps:

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
UFA-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Maybe even:
Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Edited by TheMazz, 12 July 2012 - 03:07 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#331 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Why do we need another center?

Tallinder for Hemsky on the other hand seems like a much better solution. Again, the Devils need the RW depth and if they do get Hemsky they would have to hope he can stay healthy. Although his health problems aren't nearly as big of an issue as Mueller.

Three possible line combos: (Since without Poni the third line has opened up a hodgepodge of possibilities.)

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Or perhaps:

Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
UFA-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Maybe even:
Kovy-Zajac-Hemsky
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson
CBGB

Pretty sure Gagner can also play right wing, but I agree Hemsky would probably be a better solution, forgot about him.
25smul5.png

#332 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Pretty sure Gagner can also play right wing, but I agree Hemsky would probably be a better solution, forgot about him.

Not only that but Zajac could easily bounce after next season. I think Lou should make him his best offer as soon as possible. If he doesn't want to sign, trade him. We can't afford to keep losing top talent to free agency for nothing.

Zajac + Greene + Urbom enough for Evander Kane?

#333 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Not only that but Zajac could easily bounce after next season. I think Lou should make him his best offer as soon as possible. If he doesn't want to sign, trade him. We can't afford to keep losing top talent to free agency for nothing.

I don't think Winnipeg is willing to move Kane, pretty sure they're looking at him to be the future of their franchise, though I would love to him in a Devils uni.
25smul5.png

#334 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

I don't think Winnipeg is willing to move Kane, pretty sure they're looking at him to be the future of their franchise, though I would love to him in a Devils uni.

could be rumours but i heard he was unhappy there and wanted out... but yeah... could be a rumour

www.SterioDesign.com

#335 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I wonder if we go after Iginla at the deadline this year :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
25smul5.png

#336 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

That may do it for Winnipeg. Its tough to guess. I imagine we'd probably have to throw a pick in with that package. We'd likely get Kane and another guy back.

#337 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

I wonder if we go after Iginla at the deadline this year :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

that would be absolutely gnarly, get it done Lou

www.SterioDesign.com

#338 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

If its a cheap return, Id be good with it. Dude is 35 and regressing.

#339 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

The UFA market in Left and Right Wingers is starting to look like a wasteland with each signing. I don't know if Lou has any ideas. Eric Fehr is still out there. He could be a decent 3rd liner.

As far as Hemsky goes, you might as well forget about that. Tedenby or Janssen are going to be filling in for him for half the season.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#340 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

could be rumours but i heard he was unhappy there and wanted out... but yeah... could be a rumour

Yeah I was just basing that off of the rumors that Kane wants out of Winnipeg. I should have made that clear in the original post.

That may do it for Winnipeg. Its tough to guess. I imagine we'd probably have to throw a pick in with that package. We'd likely get Kane and another guy back.

Maybe Zajac + Greene + Urbom + 3rd for Kane + Burmistrov, Jim Slater or Tanner Glass (3rd line center replacements when Josefson moves to 2nd).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users