7 replies to this topic

#1 AugustBurnsdeVs

AugustBurnsdeVs

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Somebody here probably knows the answer, i noticed the last few games i went to that in the upper level on each end it used to be all open on the concourse where you can see down to the game, but now theyre closed off. When it was open it made the arena look nicer IMO and its nice if youre buying food at the time. Anybody know why they closed it off now?

#2 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Somebody here probably knows the answer, i noticed the last few games i went to that in the upper level on each end it used to be all open on the concourse where you can see down to the game, but now theyre closed off. When it was open it made the arena look nicer IMO and its nice if youre buying food at the time. Anybody know why they closed it off now?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Could you clarify? Using proper english would help here too. I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi. I'm just saying that it interfered with your post in this case.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Are you taking about the balcony sections where the table seats are? :noclue:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm a season ticket holder in 120 and I'm pretty sure they only use the curtains right before the opening video to make it as dark as possible, and sections 101-108 do not have open concourses, they only have that small aisle. Sections 117-124 have the open concourses and I always see people standing around. I'm not sure if the ushers eventually tell them to take their seats.

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 February 2012 - 01:12 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

I've guessed the curtains are closed pregame to help the resurfacing freeze as much as possible.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

I think Zubie is right, as an ice resurfacer driver I don't think the curtains that far away from the ice have any effect on the ice temperature. There is already much more heat escaping the concourse through all the other seating area entrances and Fire and Ice Lounges that aren't covered by curtains. Not a bad guess though. And yeah the open concourse has always been on only one side for whatever reason.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#7 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

If it was a day game they always close the curtains to block out the sun.

#8 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I'm a season ticket holder in 120 and I'm pretty sure they only use the curtains right before the opening video to make it as dark as possible, and sections 101-108 do not have open concourses, they only have that small aisle. Sections 117-124 have the open concourses and I always see people standing around. I'm not sure if the ushers eventually tell them to take their seats.

I'm pretty sure this is correct
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users