Devils sign Cam Janssen, two-way, 1 year.

ghdi

100% agree and I also like the idea of bringing him up for Flyers games.. I hate playing that team just knowing that they'll run around throwing ridiculously late checks for no reason and doing stupid crap after the play.. We already know we can spot them 2 goals and still win with our forecheck, why bother risking injury.. Let Cam go to town on Giroux or Lecav if (more like when) they resort back to their Broad Street Goonie shenanigans I think it's awesome to have Cam around our AHL guys

Disagree fully. When the Devils crushed Philly in the playoffs in 2012, it's because they stayed out of that garbage and focused on playing hockey. The more they did that, the more frustrated Philly got and started focusing on the game within the game a little more than actually playing hockey.

I have said this a few times before but i dont think Cam has ever been singed to a contract because of his hockey ability. He is a locker room guy, he brings energy, a smile and positive attitude for the league minimum. There has to be a reason he was kept around the team for the SC final push in 11-12.

He seems like a popular guy and Lou is clearly fond of him, and  Lets face it someone is going to have to energise the team in Albany.

He is a real life Doug Glatt.

I don't get what the big deal is with the Pelly and Cam signings.  Some of you guys are acting like this is a huge negative or something.

There's no saying he's going to be playing, he's probably just going to beat the sh!t out of people in the AHL.  Devils have plenty of space for extra contracts, the money is a non-issue..so..who cares?

Good old Lou probably just wanted to give Cam a job.

I don't get what the big deal is with the Pelly and Cam signings.  Some of you guys are acting like this is a huge negative or something.

There's no saying he's going to be playing, he's probably just going to beat the sh!t out of people in the AHL.  Devils have plenty of space for extra contracts, the money is a non-issue..so..who cares?

Good old Lou probably just wanted to give Cam a job.

No one is expecting that these guys are going to be major players for the Devils, and everyone knows that AHL teams aren't stacked with blue-chip prospects...every AHL team has its share of career-AHLers and guys who aren't even that good in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

That being said, I've seen enough of Rod Pelley and Cam Janssen.  There's nothing going on there.  I guess I'd just rather see Lou fill those spots with guys that have a minimum of upside, even if it's just that:  minimal.  Lou has had some luck with undrafted players...why not go that route?  Chances are whoever he finds aren't going to contribute that much more than Pelley and Janssen, but at least there's something bordering on hope.  Pelley and Janssen are pretty much zilches. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

No one is expecting that these guys are going to be major players for the Devils, and everyone knows that AHL teams aren't stacked with blue-chip prospects...every AHL team has its share of career-AHLers and guys who aren't even that good in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

That being said, I've seen enough of Rod Pelley and Cam Janssen.  There's nothing going on there.  I guess I'd just rather see Lou fill those spots with guys that have a minimum of upside, even if it's just that:  minimal.  Lou has had some luck with undrafted players...why not go that route?  Chances are whoever he finds aren't going to contribute that much more than Pelley and Janssen, but at least there's something bordering on hope.  Pelley and Janssen are pretty much zilches. 

Each of them serves a purpose.  If the dam breaks loose so far as injuries, you can count on Pelley to plug in a roster spot.   Perhaps if two of the CBGB line got hurt.  I'd rather have Pelley fill that role than Sestito.

Janssen is the goon on hand in case something happens to Barch. 

Yeah im somewhat agreeing with this. We cant just think "oh well they are not gonna play in the NHL..." Well its those guys that our young prospects are playing with and trying to learn from lol i dont know why Lou didnt try to get that Sarault guy from Sarnia who was playing with Boucher, he finished on top of the AHL in points. Sign him to a tryout or something, id rather see them try a guy like thst who could have some upsides than signing a goon whos never really gonna help the team. Named thst guy as an example of course but theres many good young undrafted players that id want over janssen in our farm team.

I think Cam was brought back for off ice reasons mostly. He's totally bought into the Devil's team concept, and that may be something that Lou wants around the younger guys. What better way to start dishing out Koolaid than to have someone who overdoses on the stuff? A lot of his team mates have stated he's a great locker room guy, and that may be something the organization wants permeating through the Boucher's and Merril's etc etc. Just an idea. 

Yeah im somewhat agreeing with this. We cant just think "oh well they are not gonna play in the NHL..." Well its those guys that our young prospects are playing with and trying to learn from lol i dont know why Lou didnt try to get that Sarault guy from Sarnia who was playing with Boucher, he finished on top of the AHL in points. Sign him to a tryout or something, id rather see them try a guy like thst who could have some upsides than signing a goon whos never really gonna help the team. Named thst guy as an example of course but theres many good young undrafted players that id want over janssen in our farm team.

The AHL can get a little nutty on the ice. You need guys like Rod and Cam that will make teams accountable. They need to protect what assets we do have down there.