SCF True Believers Thread

David Puddy

I stuck with this team all year. I sure as hell ain't giving up now!

Plus, I don't watch baseball. What the hell else am I going to do? ... Haha!

Well, EURO 2012 in soccer starts in Poland and Ukraine this Friday... :D

All we gotta do to make it a series is win Game 3. This is the series. If we lose, it's over, but a win would pull us within one. Down 2-1 after three games? I've heard that somewhere already...

The Devils need to come out swinging on Monday. This is what made them successful in these playoffs: score a goal before your opponents know what hit 'em, add another one for good measure and try to control the play. So far, they haven't been able to do that this series and this might be the key. The Kings haven't faced true pressure this spring, really and they have yet to trail in a SCF game. Time to strike first and see how they manage when it's them who need to tie things up.

Edited by Revan

Well, EURO 2012 in soccer starts in Poland and Ukraine this Friday... :D

All we gotta do to make it a series is win Game 3. This is the series. If we lose, it's over, but a win would pull us within one. Down 2-1 after three games? I've heard that somewhere already...

The Devils need to come out swinging on Monday. This is what made them successful in these playoffs: score a goal before your opponents know what hit 'em, add another one for good measure and try to control the play. So far, they haven't been able to do that this series and this might be the key. The Kings haven't faced true pressure this spring, really and they have yet to trail in a SCF game. Time to strike first and see how they manage when it's them who need to tie things up.

In the immortal words of Rocky Balboa..

"It ain’t about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. . It's how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

Game 3 for the Devils is do or die. Time to ante up.

They need a spark regardless if they were the better team last night. Tallinder/Larsson should come in place of Harrold. They should try to get Kovalchuk on the 3rd line as well.

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus

Elias- Henrique - Clarkson

Ponikarovki - Josefson - Kovalchuk

All we really need to do is Hit the Darn Net. Never seen us miss the net as much.

btw if the announcer try to analyze how to score on quick again I'm flip. Thank god were back on NBC sports for game 3. Less commercials, feel like every-time we start buzzing in their end, we have to see Peggy..

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Were in this thing! Even if we split LA we win game 5 and it's 3-2 just where we were against NY!!!!

LETS GO DEVILS

Ummmmmm...........you'd better look back, we were 3-2 up against the Rag$, not down.

How anyone could give up already is beyond belief. The object of our dreams is 4 games away still, it has been a long road to just sit down and watch the Kings take it.

The Devils have won four in a row before, and they will do it again. DEVILS!

In '03 the Devils won the first two then lost games 3 and 4. The defensemen have cost them dearly so far... Both Larsson and Tallinder need to be in game 3. Harrold and Salvador should be out. Harrold is easy but Sal will never come out. The D can't make a proper decision with the puck in their own end or keep up with anyone. It's dumb to have their two most mobile D sitting on the sideline. They can absolutely win this. This situation isn't as dire as 2000 against the Flyers. But to do it the D has to be changed. They are in a luxury where they can actually do it.

Still believin'...Devils may be down 2-0, but I honestly believe they have nothing to be ashamed of...they haven't been perfect, but they haven't played badly, and haven't had the best of puck luck. I'm bummed that they've lost two games, but I've rarely found myself getting pissed about individual performances...I'll admit that I wouldn't ordinarily have much faith in a team that had just lost two home games and now has to win at least two road games to win the Cup, but I do think this group has a chance to pull it off.

After watching the game yesterday, honestly, I was thinking this series was over.

But after remembering what this team has accomplished during these playoffs, I said to myself that it can't be over.

Gamer are tight, devils will come out strong in game 3!!

GO DEVILS!!!!

i still believe. they have done it in the past in 2000 being down 3-1. the veterans better step up and be heard

Let's Go Devils. I believe

No doubt game three is huge now and might decide the series.

We have won three games in a row during the playoffs against the rags and four games in a row against Philly. We can do the same against the kings.

I hope Deboer at least switches up the forward combos a little bit. It seemed like we got a little bit of offensive spark again towards the end with kovy and parise on the same line.

Clarkson and kovy have to be playing hurt. No other explanation for the way they are playing.

It is just painful to lose 2-1 in OT in consecutive games. We could just as easily be up 2-0. A split would have been great...but down 0-2 and heading to LA?!? Gonna be tough to win both there...

Let's just take Game 1 and go from there. I think we outplayed the Kings for the majority of both games, but the only thing that matters is how many pucks we get past Quick. I hope we come out shooting from everywhere and get a couple past Quick early to shut their crowd up!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

The round lady hasn't even started to the microphone.

Either we start scoring or stopping the soft goals. Not blaming Marty he has stopped some great shots but the rebounds are too many and the soft goal a game doesn't help. Last night he should have had both of those shots and we should have scored some of the open net goals.

I would be worried if we were outplayed outright. That hasn't been the case thus far. We just can't go out and lay an egg in the Staples Center.

Changes I would make for game 3:

1. Larsson has to play (replacing Harrold)

2. In an extreme move, maybe throw Hedberg in net to "jump" the team a little bit. Revert back to 1995 when Terreri did the same in Boston...