sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

simply a fantastic retort.

and dr33 - that was absolute genius. bravo sir.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1923 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

http://sports.yahoo....41401--nhl.html

More of Zach's interview here, and it should be archived shortly too.

#1924 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/zach-parise-playing-ryan-suter-comparisons-lebron-james-025341401--nhl.html

More of Zach's interview here, and it should be archived shortly too.

I'll archive you, You So and So!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1925 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Brian Lawton is claiming that Suter will sign with the Wild. If this is true its interesting to see what he gets since Detroit offered him 13/90. Also would have to think this would make Parise's decision about playing there a lot easier. Here is the tweet but don't take it as fact until other reporters pick it up.

https://twitter.com/...399871310569472

"Sorry about late night ...... Just back in town. Not sure yet on Parise but word is Ryan Suter will be playing for the MN Wild next season!"

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1926 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

I'm not sure I believe it because there is no confirmation, but we can probably say goodbye to Zach if that turns out to be true.

#1927 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Russo from the Tribune in Minnesota commented on the Suter rumor that Lawton tweeted and said "things were looking really positive at around 11pm".

https://twitter.com/...411509149401088

He's been a very good reporter for them in all of this, so I think this is probably true if Lawton is the originator of the rumor.

I think its probably goodbye Zach if they got Suter.

Edited by ghdi, 04 July 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#1928 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Rise and shine! If we don't find out today, I probably won't want to know.

#1929 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Twitter says decision "should be announced this afternoon according to agent."

#1930 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

I'm wondering if ZP has already picked a team and they are just negotioating structure and what not. I don't how it works but on July 1st I would assume teams offers include the money and terms but it doesn't go into much detail. Maybe?

If its true Suter is signing in Minnesota then everyones chances of landing suck plummeted while Minnesotas skyrocketed especially after those comments on ZP wanting to play with Suter.

#1931 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Twitter says decision "should be announced this afternoon according to agent."

who?

#1932 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yeah this is a fait accompli now assuming Suter's in Minnesota. He would not go there alone unless it was strictly a cash grab, but I'd find that hard to believe since he has no real attachment to there. I don't understand why it's so important for Zach to play with Suter when he's got friends on the Devils too but whatever. I just hope our Plan B isn't a disaster this time.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1933 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

is Suter really that good that Zach would base part of his decision on playing with him? Is he a cornerstone type defensman?

It would seem likely if Suter signs there that Zach may follow. I would hate to lose Zach, but him going out west makes it a little easier to deal with.

And please say no to Semin. Do not want.

#1934 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

dr33 nice job funny,

#1935 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,994 posts

is Suter really that good that Zach would base part of his decision on playing with him? Is he a cornerstone type defensman?

It would seem likely if Suter signs there that Zach may follow. I would hate to lose Zach, but him going out west makes it a little easier to deal with.

And please say no to Semin. Do not want.

It's not about talent, they were friends since playing in the U-18 World Championships. To me it's just an excuse for Zach to justify going home for the cash grab to the least likely team to win, cause the Wild are a wasteland with just Zach.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1936 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

dr33 nice job funny,

#1937 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

"thank the NJ lotto for making sure that JVB's ticket was the winner and brainwash Suter that even though he is a farm boy that wants to be out west that he can spend all the time he wants at Alstede Farms and have 100 acres in Chester"

lol I know Alstede. Chester is the next town east of me. Yeah, on the off days could drive by watching him plow the fields instead of team workouts

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#1938 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Yeah this is a fait accompli now assuming Suter's in Minnesota. He would not go there alone unless it was strictly a cash grab, but I'd find that hard to believe since he has no real attachment to there. I don't understand why it's so important for Zach to play with Suter when he's got friends on the Devils too but whatever. I just hope our Plan B isn't a disaster this time.

It isn't about that. Honestly, who knows how good friends they are. But, the signing of Suter makes the commitment to Minny a little more palatable (from a competitive standpoint) when you know you'll be with a world class defenseman for a long-time. Otherwise, Minny could be a disaster hockey wise for a while. Zach knows he isn't good enough to turn this ship around himself.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1939 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

I just hope we're not hearing this **** next year when some other big FA goes along with Zajac to Winnipeg for sick cash to turn that team around.

#1940 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Even TG is agree with (some of) "us"... He will end up with Suter in the Minnesota...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users