Rumor: Devils Ice Personnel Told to Have Ice Ready in 2 Weeks

msweet

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is there is some College or High school hockey event planned there, this season is done, Bettmen is an Ahole, and Hockey is quickly becoming the 5th or 6th sport in this country as the owners have really ruined this for me...

No Devils , Jets SUCK, thank gd for Arsenal!!

My guess is there is some College or High school hockey event planned there, this season is done, Bettmen is an Ahole, and Hockey is quickly becoming the 5th or 6th sport in this country as the owners have really ruined this for me...

I doubt it, high schools and NJIT use the practice rink. Building a rink is a lot of work that takes a pretty long time, I don't think they would do it for an event that doesn't generate a lot of revenue.

You know your sports world is in trouble when you're thanking god for a team that would miss the Europa League if the season ended today and let their best player sign with Man U.

I'm starting to think there were multiple leaks but not that a deal would be made. I think many knew this was the date that the owners would start negotiating.

Forgive me if this has been explained elsewhere, but why is this date significant for the owners?

Or is it just an arbitrary date?