GDT: Devils at Predators (Devils west) 8:00 PM

Jerzey

What else can he do with the garbage he can throw on the ice at this point?

This team is mentally very weak.

The game plan of the last 10min or so was, sit back and play defense. That always losses games. I blame Pete primarily for a loss like this.

Yep, that's the way the season goes....Ryder can't finish a gift breakaway instead of just picking a spot and shooting and then seconds later they lose.

If every team we played purposefully allowed our players to have a breakaway every time they enter their zone we would be shut out every game.

1-1-1 on the road trip.  Could've been worse, though losses like this are maddening.  If they pick up 4 out of the next 6 points before the break, I'll be happy.

Hahaha this team can go fvck themselves.

Dominate the first 19 minutes of the third period with the lead and then sh!t the bed the final minute and overtime.

Brodeur is going to play the next game too just to all watch.

Against Colorado?  It could be a slaughterhouse.  Then again they'll probably lose ANOTHER 2-1 game with Cory anyway so wtf's the difference at this point? :rant:

The game plan of the last 10min or so was, sit back and play defense. That always losses games. I blame Pete primarily for a loss like this.

Exactly. When they're leading going into the 3rd they just stop playing their game and start playing prevent defense. It's so infuriating.

Against Colorado? It could be a slaughterhouse. Then again they'll probably lose ANOTHER 2-1 game with Cory anyway so wtf's the difference at this point? :rant:

It will be like Ivan drago versus Apollo creed and I think you know which one we would be.

Exactly. When they're leading going into the 3rd they just stop playing their game and start playing prevent defense. It's so infuriating.

I don't blame Pete for going into the defensive shell instead if trying to score as this team can't score to save their lives.

It will be like Ivan drago versus Apollo creed and I think you know which one we would be.

I don't blame Pete for going into the defensive shell instead if trying to score as this team can't score to save their lives.

Not even scoring, but they stop forechecking and just seem content in playing in their own zone, clearing it, changing lines, repeat. It doesn't work. It rarely does.

They played a terrific 3rd period.  Nashville got a very gratuitous bounce at the worst possible time.  Sucks in a huge way, but sh!t happens. 

They played a terrific 3rd period.  Nashville got a very gratuitous bounce at the worst possible time.  Sucks in a huge way, but sh!t happens. 

Same thing last night too.  But as I said, we've blown far too many leads in the last minute this year.  Sure it was bad luck, but why the fvck was Legwand that wide open?!

It happens a LOT with Pete teams late in games, doesn't it?  These last two games brought back memories of last year's ill-fated Florida trip (another back-to-back where we blew leads in the last minute both times).  Even in 2012 we blew leads like crazy.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pete DeBoer teams blowing late leads...seen this before. Unacceptable result, the Devils needed the 2 points, especially with the OOT scores not going their way. I've calmed down over the years and try not to get worked up about regular season results but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get down about this team making the playoffs. Not giving up but starting to lose confidence in this group.

I can't get on Schneider for this one. He made a mistake and never seemed to get set for the 1st goal against. Luckily, Hutton gifted Elias a goal after that. Can't blame Schneider for a 5v6 goal and the OT goal where Zidlicky kicked the puck for the perfect pass to Weber.

I thought Loktionov had a nice return in his limited action.

Ryder is absolutely maddening. He has one job and is horribly inconsistent at it. Now 10 games without a goal. Just 2 assists over that time.

• Like 1