As Devils fans please show Hedberg some respect

LucifersDog

Yea you got me bro, totally embarrased.

He's got a point and everyone here will tell you that. You obviously need to take a step back. It's clear you have no sense or perspective, so please take some time to gain those and then come back.

We try hard to not be like Rangers fans here. You don't call people names, because that's what 2 year olds do, we don't use the word "jerk" to describe a coach who just took us the the SCF for the first time in 9 years. You want a coach who did better last year? Well, there's only one of those and do you really want to see another Sutter here?

We also don't boo our own players, which, while hypocritically so, LD has made a valid and sensible point that Hedberg is doing the best he can and we shouldn't fault him for it. So if you like doing those things, please do us all a favor and become a Rags or Philly fan.

We also don't boo our own players

To be fair, we booed Rolston

I hate when our fans boo our own players. What is the point? Do you think they don't know if they are struggling and need their own fans to let them know? If they are slumping they need support more than they need their own fans turning against them.

I completely agree.. The Kovy booing back in 2010 was the worst, especially when people complain about his contract like they're paying it and he owes them something.. The players are professionals, unless its an effort issue (which is hasn't been) there is no reason to boo

He's got a point and everyone here will tell you that. You obviously need to take a step back. It's clear you have no sense or perspective, so please take some time to gain those and then come back.

We try hard to not be like Rangers fans here. You don't call people names, because that's what 2 year olds do, we don't use the word "jerk" to describe a coach who just took us the the SCF for the first time in 9 years. You want a coach who did better last year? Well, there's only one of those and do you really want to see another Sutter here?

We also don't boo our own players, which, while hypocritically so, LD has made a valid and sensible point that Hedberg is doing the best he can and we shouldn't fault him for it. So if you like doing those things, please do us all a favor and become a Rags or Philly fan.

perspective or sense huh. Really I have watched this team squander 1st place the conference, to end up sitting at the bottom rung of the playoff hunt. Granted we are not out of the hunt, but we have wasted our great start and if we don't make the playoffs this year this stretch is 100percent why. That is terrible coaching. We are something like 2-7-1 in our last 10. But sure, CLEARLY deboer should be given the benefit of the doubt. It's not like hes been blaming our losses on a lack of offensive production whilst our goalie has let in 4-5 goals more 3 times in this lossing streak. I think earlier in the thread I posed the question when is the last time a goalie has been pulled in 2 of his last 3 starts and continued to start without at least sitting one game. Waiting on that answer I would imagine probably never.

BMaybe you should actually read what I wrote, I don't blame moose. His play has been attrocious, but its the coaches fault for putting him in net every night. The easiest way to become irrelevant in pro-sports is to lose your hunger because of past successes, and the same applies for the coach. Assuming that deboer is a genius when he is clearly mishandling the team in this desperate time is naive. We are in a new season, and I don't care what this team did last year, thats the past I enjoyed that time but I'm not giving the coaching staff a pass on this miserable performance because they took us to the finals  last year. This team is motivating itself right now because even they are tired of lossing, a good coach would have had these guys playing with the intensity they have showed the last 3 games after the first loss to winnipeg. I mentioned it in another thread, the attitude that deboer has had makes me wish that he was more like torts in some respect. THe rangers might go on a lossing streak but they will play hard as fvck every night, we were playing unmotivated for the first half of this lossing streak. That is one of my major gripes with how deboer has handeled this lossing streak, aside from the obvious ludacris rotation of good d-men for bad and keeping hedberg in net.

I'm clear, that doesn't mean I can't be fvcking livid with the insanity im watching play out on a nightly basis. And to everyone harping on the jerk comment christ, get over yourselves its a word. Love the you should become a rags/philly fan comment. Alot of older people must be using these forums living in denial of how great the devils fan base is and how we are NOTHING like other teams fans. We chant you suck at the other team when we score and collectivley point at the goalie. This holier than thou sh!t is prettty ridiculous, devils fans can be just as bad as any other teams fans.  

Edited by Sneax

I completely agree.. The Kovy booing back in 2010 was the worst, especially when people complain about his contract like they're paying it and he owes them something.. The players are professionals, unless its an effort issue (which is hasn't been) there is no reason to boo

I think that was a perfect storm though. Kovy came in with the reputation of a effort lacking, skill not superstar kind of player. The kind of player that is the antithesis of the Devils system. This wasn't 100% what Kovy was, but he had a bit of it to begin with. Whether that was due to him or bad coaches not telling him when he's wrong, but it existed. People had a serious problem with him coming into the org like that. I didn't like it at first, at all. I thought it would be a trade that was terrible for us, but not so.

perspective or sense huh. Really I have watched this team squander 1st place the conference, to end up sitting at the bottom rung of the playoff hunt. Granted we are not out of the hunt, but we have wasted our great start and if we don't make the playoffs this year this stretch is 100percent why. That is terrible coaching. We are something like 2-7-1 in our last 10. But sure, CLEARLY deboer should be given the benefit of the doubt. It's not like hes been blaming our losses on a lack of offensive production whilst our goalie has let in 4-5 goals more 3 times in this lossing streak. I think earlier in the thread I posed the question when is the last time a goalie has been pulled in 2 of his last 3 starts and continued to start without at least sitting one game. Waiting on that answer I would imagine probably never.

BMaybe you should actually read what I wrote, I don't blame moose. His play has been attrocious, but its the coaches fault for putting him in net every night. The easiest way to become irrelevant in pro-sports is to lose your hunger because of past successes, and the same applies for the coach. Assuming that deboer is a genius when he is clearly mishandling the team in this desperate time is naive. We are in a new season, and I don't care what this team did last year, thats the past I enjoyed that time but I'm not giving the coaching staff a pass on this miserable performance because they took us to the finals  last year. This team is motivating itself right now because even they are tired of lossing, a good coach would have had these guys playing with the intensity they have showed the last 3 games after the first loss to winnipeg. I mentioned it in another thread, the attitude that deboer has had makes me wish that he was more like torts in some respect. THe rangers might go on a lossing streak but they will play hard as fvck every night, we were playing unmotivated for the first half of this lossing streak. That is one of my major gripes with how deboer has handeled this lossing streak, aside from the obvious ludacris rotation of good d-men for bad and keeping hedberg in net.

I'm clear, that doesn't mean I can't be fvcking livid with the insanity im watching play out on a nightly basis. And to everyone harping on the jerk comment christ, get over yourselves its a word. Love the you should become a rags/philly fan comment. Alot of older people must be using these forums living in denial of how great the devils fan base is and how we are NOTHING like other teams fans. We chant you suck at the other team when we score and collectivley point and the goalie. This holier than thou sh!t is prettty ridiculous, devils fans can be just as bad as any other teams fans.  

My point about the booing had more to do with your deboer comment than anything you said about Hedberg. I'm also not old and I don't say "you suck" after we score because that's the thing I hate most about our fanbase. Also, saying other people do it isn't an excuse for being an ass.

perspective or sense huh. Really I have watched this team squander 1st place the conference, to end up sitting at the bottom rung of the playoff hunt. Granted we are not out of the hunt, but we have wasted our great start and if we don't make the playoffs this year this stretch is 100percent why. That is terrible coaching. We are something like 2-7-1 in our last 10. But sure, CLEARLY deboer should be given the benefit of the doubt. It's not like hes been blaming our losses on a lack of offensive production whilst our goalie has let in 4-5 goals more 3 times in this lossing streak. I think earlier in the thread I posed the question when is the last time a goalie has been pulled in 2 of his last 3 starts and continued to start without at least sitting one game. Waiting on that answer I would imagine probably never.

BMaybe you should actually read what I wrote, I don't blame moose. His play has been attrocious, but its the coaches fault for putting him in net every night. The easiest way to become irrelevant in pro-sports is to lose your hunger because of past successes, and the same applies for the coach. Assuming that deboer is a genius when he is clearly mishandling the team in this desperate time is naive. We are in a new season, and I don't care what this team did last year, thats the past I enjoyed that time but I'm not giving the coaching staff a pass on this miserable performance because they took us to the finals last year. This team is motivating itself right now because even they are tired of lossing, a good coach would have had these guys playing with the intensity they have showed the last 3 games after the first loss to winnipeg. I mentioned it in another thread, the attitude that deboer has had makes me wish that he was more like torts in some respect. THe rangers might go on a lossing streak but they will play hard as fvck every night, we were playing unmotivated for the first half of this lossing streak. That is one of my major gripes with how deboer has handeled this lossing streak, aside from the obvious ludacris rotation of good d-men for bad and keeping hedberg in net.

I'm clear, that doesn't mean I can't be fvcking livid with the insanity im watching play out on a nightly basis. And to everyone harping on the jerk comment christ, get over yourselves its a word. Love the you should become a rags/philly fan comment. Alot of older people must be using these forums living in denial of how great the devils fan base is and how we are NOTHING like other teams fans. We chant you suck at the other team when we score and collectivley point at the goalie. This holier than thou sh!t is prettty ridiculous, devils fans can be just as bad as any other teams fans.

1) I refuse to do the you suck part of the goal chant. Its dumb and I grew up watching the devils score without that part in there.

2) I can understand you being upset and angry, but these are how seasons go. Honesty is rather squeak into the playoffs in 7th or 8th but coming off a hot streak than making it in 1st but in a slump. I also really don't know how much more deboer can do than what has already done outside of probably sitting Salvador.

3) I really wonder how you would react to the devils games circa late 80's and wary 90's. I still remember pretty well when just making the playoffs was a successful season.

I think that was a perfect storm though. Kovy came in with the reputation of a effort lacking, skill not superstar kind of player. The kind of player that is the antithesis of the Devils system. This wasn't 100% what Kovy was, but he had a bit of it to begin with. Whether that was due to him or bad coaches not telling him when he's wrong, but it existed. People had a serious problem with him coming into the org like that. I didn't like it at first, at all. I thought it would be a trade that was terrible for us, but not so.

My point about the booing had more to do with your deboer comment than anything you said about Hedberg. I'm also not old and I don't say "you suck" after we score because that's the thing I hate most about our fanbase. Also, saying other people do it isn't an excuse for being an ass.

I dont recall saying that I'm using anything fans do as an excuse for my comments. I actually enjoy the you suck chant for what its worth. I was just pointing out that this crap about please go be a rags philly fan if you act this way is well, crap. It's a way of you saying sneax I don't like the way you speak but I have no real way of arguing these points so go away.

1) I refuse to do the you suck part of the goal chant. Its dumb and I grew up watching the devils score without that part in there.

3) I really wonder how you would react to the devils games circa late 80's and wary 90's. I still remember pretty well when just making the playoffs was a successful season.

It's really about expectations, I expect this team to play better than what I'm seeing. We know they have the talent, so the issue is then coaching. Which is why im so mad.

It's really about expectations, I expect this team to play better than what I'm seeing. We know they have the talent, so the issue is then coaching. Which is why im so mad.

Than you had unreasonable expectations. We here, all saw the team and said, well, it'll be a tough run. Then we started great and thought, huh, it might not be as bad as we thought, then it got that bad. So here we are. I am not disappointed, I expected us to look bad earlier than we did. We're in the playoff race and I don't expect us to finish higher than last year, so again, not disappointed. We're kinda where I thought we'd be. Good, but lacking the offense to be great.

So it's not the Devils, it's you.

I'm still convince last years run was a fluke, just like most other cup runs. With the losses and gains during the offseason I really expected the team to dip a tiny bit this season. They finished 6th last year in a really competitive conference and this year they are looking to finish about the same.

Parise is not the reason we are lossing right now. Lack of effort at times, piss poor goal tending, and salvador being like a -10000000 and playing almost every game are. We haven't been scoring but I feel as though if moose wasn't letting in all these momentum killers this stretch, the team would have grinding out the extra goals if they felt like they could win.

We haven't played like a good team this stretch, at times we have looked good, but mostly we have been bad. We went from sweeping the penguins to lossing to a sens team with tons of injuries and lossing. I remember after that game some players said " you can't win every game" well you seemingly can lose almost every game if you have that attitude. I never for one second thought we would be set that far back by the parise loss. I though the CGBG line was going to be a permanent fixture, which it is. We are getting alot of production out of those players, and at times carter and bernier have been some of our best players. Sykora was fading by the end of the season and Zajac looked amazing, it never once occured to me that this wasn't going to be a good team. I would have liked us to sign semin to replace parise but even without a top 6 signing I believed. And I can assure you every player in the devils locker room thought there is no way we aren't going back to the playoffs next year.

1 player doesn't make a team, and in a team sport, it shouldn't.

Edited by Sneax

Even if Moose has been playing as bad as you're saying, our only other options right now are Kinkaid or Frazee who have almost zero NHL experience.  Of course, everyone's career has to start somewhere, but the fact that they haven't gotten a start yet tells me the coaching staff doesn't think they are ready yet.  I know you think DeBoer is inept, but these guys are around the players every day and see them perform in practice and know a hell of a lot more about their playing ability than you or I do, so I trust their decision.

Parise is not the reason we are lossing right now. Lack of effort at times, piss poor goal tending, and salvador being like a -10000000 and playing almost every game are. We haven't been scoring but I feel as though if moose wasn't letting in all these momentum killers this stretch, the team would have grinding out the extra goals if they felt like they could win.

We haven't played like a good team this stretch, at times we have looked good, but mostly we have been bad. We went from sweeping the penguins to lossing to a sens team with tons of injuries and lossing. I remember after that game some players said " you can't win every game" well you seemingly can lose almost every game if you have that attitude. I never for one second thought we would be set that far back by the parise loss. I though the CGBG line was going to be a permanent fixture, which it is. We are getting alot of production out of those players, and at times carter and bernier have been some of our best players. Sykora was fading by the end of the season and Zajac looked amazing, it never once occured to me that this wasn't going to be a good team. I would have liked us to sign semin to replace parise but even without a top 6 signing I believed. And I can assure you every player in the devils locker room thought there is no way we aren't going back to the playoffs next year.

1 player doesn't make a team, and in a team sport, it shouldn't.

Right, Sykora's goals make no difference to the team this year because he faded by the end of the year. That makes sense......20 goals is 20 goals. and 20 more goals over 1 year means you won a few extra games. That's the difference between 6th and missing the playoffs.

Right, Sykora's goals make no difference to the team this year because he faded by the end of the year. That makes sense......20 goals is 20 goals. and 20 more goals over 1 year means you won a few extra games. That's the difference between 6th and missing the playoffs.

some of our best success was at the end of the year without him (sat quite a few games and was a ghost in alot of the ones he was in). Point is our roster from the peak of last year to this year, is not that much different.

Even if Moose has been playing as bad as you're saying, our only other options right now are Kinkaid or Frazee who have almost zero NHL experience.  Of course, everyone's career has to start somewhere, but the fact that they haven't gotten a start yet tells me the coaching staff doesn't think they are ready yet.  I know you think DeBoer is inept, but these guys are around the players every day and see them perform in practice and know a hell of a lot more about their playing ability than you or I do, so I trust their decision.

Moose has been letting in routine saves, both times that the back up has relieved him they have looked better.

Edited by Sneax

some of our best success was at the end of the year without him (sat quite a few games and was a ghost in alot of the ones he was in). Point is our roster from the peak of last year to this year, is not that much different.

Moose has been letting in routine saves, both times that the back up has relieved him they have looked better.

Kinkaid and Frazee have combined for a grand total of 15 saves and not even one full game of experience.  That is way too small of a sample size to make any real informed judgments.  That is all we as fans have seen of them.  The coaching staff meanwhile has seen them face a ton of rubber in practice.

As much as I want to see Kinkaid and Frazee get a start, Moose will be given every chance to play out of his slump. He's played well 2 of the last 3 games (baby steps) and 2 games against the Flyers (who he tends to play well against) could put him over.

I like Kinkaid, and I think he has a future, but right now, it seems that the coaching staff wants Moose playing until he's solid again. They are probably realizing that with a bad back, Brodeurs time will need to be limited. Therefore, they will need Moose at the top of his game if they want a chance of the playoffs.

Here were our top 6 type players who played most of last year:

Kovy, Elias, Parise, Henrique, Zubrus, Clarkson, Sykora (until he burned out).

Here are our top 6 type players who have played most of this year:

Kovy, Elias, Henrique, Zajac, Clarkson.

There were 7 last year, which meant you could mix and match when people were slumping, or sore. This year, there are 5, 2 of whom are slumping, and they're already putting 3rd liners in those roles. Zubrus coming back will help, but this roster has some holes. Not saying they can't play better -- they showed early in the year that when they're firing on all cylinders they can, but expecting a team to fire on all cylinders all season is asinine, and this team, due to its lack of depth, is not prepared to break out of a slump, or steal points when they're playing badly, especially when Marty is hurt. You can't blame the coaches for that. You can't blame the players. You can maybe blame Lou, but I started another thread arguing why I think that is stupid. There are 30 talented teams, all trying to win a cup. Sometimes, your team is going to get beat, both in games and in the free agent market.

I'm still convince last years run was a fluke, just like most other cup runs. With the losses and gains during the offseason I really expected the team to dip a tiny bit this season. They finished 6th last year in a really competitive conference and this year they are looking to finish about the same.

There's no such thing as a fluke SCF run.