We are officially underdogs

msweet

Guess what experts, we just played a better defensive team than them and beat them. We played a more physical team than them and beat them. We played as tenacious and over achieving team as them and beat them, despite allowing them to score a power play goal on every 3 attempts. We have faced adversity by winning a double OT game on the road. Beating our 2 most hated rivals, and doing so being down in each series and down in each Game 2. Like the Kings, we also have won every series starting on the road. We beat the "World's Best Player" and the "World's Best Goalie". Guess what...we've also beaten the Kings both times we played them too, and they managed to score a single goal in two games against us. Sure, Quick didn't play in the 3-0 win. Guess what, Marty didn't play in that game either--and you couldn't score on our backup.

NJ is winning this series, with the only question being how long it will take to do it. The Kings are in for a world of sh*t come Wednesday, and like their southern California brethren of 2003 (ya, that other 12-2, all world goalie team that had exactly the same 95 points, and beat just as formidable foes in Detroit and Dallas in impressive fashion to get to the finals), come in riding high with a world of confidence and the "experts" support. Sure, we shouldn't have beaten Ottawa in 2003. Sure, we shouldn't have beaten the Rangers in 2012. But we did. And we'll beat you too. This is OUR year and the hockey gods have already written our script.

It is a joke that we are still getting such disrespect from the so called "experts". The Kings must be the sexy pick because they breezed through the playoffs. They have no faced adversity and had to climb mountains like our Devils have had to do. I am also hoping their long layoff will come back to bit them in the ass as well. LET'S GO DEVILS!! (in 5 PLEASE!!!)

Let's make it 4... I have to go to a wedding the night of game 5!!!

Haha me too! One of my best friends is getting married that day, so that will be the first postseason game at the Rock I'm going to miss. I've been to every one since it opened. I don't care what happens, as long as we win the Cup. That's all that matters to me. I don't care when we do it, just do it lol.

In the Flyers, Rags and Kings series combined ESPN analysts have picked us 7 out of 37 picks. Wow.

FYI: The Devils were picked by them 9 out of 12 against FLA. Burnside picked against.

I mean I don't know what to say about Burnside but his picks have been pretty fair these playoffs:

1: Panthers in 7 - and they were one shot away from that

2: Flyers in 5 - at that point everyone, including Devils fans thought this

3: Devils in 6 - correct

He wants us to lose im sure but hes taken better picks than anyone else imo.

EDIT: well Jesse Rogers picked:

1: Devils in 7

2: Flyers

3: Devils in 6

4: Devils in 7 : )

Steve Levy and Joe Mcdonald picked against us all 4 rounds.

Edited by ben00rs

Last round Burnside picked us in 6 as well as this time..... And for Melrose every time he has picked a team to win a series, on the eastern conference at least, hes been 100% wrong. So bring on the Kings

Edited by MoKovy

Nothing matters to me when it comes to polls and being the underdog...Ive been a fan since going to the opening night game when the Devils first came to NJ and have put up with all of the so called experts saying we didn't have a chance!

Bring it back home Boys! :gd: