GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ NJ Devils

Mayday

As much as I'm enjoy the Devils play since the embarrassment in Calgary we still have to look forward and MUST beat teams like the Bruins, Rangers, Flyers...we have to take at least 4 out of the 6 points in those games. Every time this team is about to turn a corner, go on a 4-5 game winning streak they have a let down. I hope they've changed in the past week or two. All of those teams I just mentioned can be beaten one way or another and the Devils have to prove to themselves they can do so. The fact the Lightning just lit up Boston leads me to believe we can beat them Thursday. Boston has been playing a lot of games in a short period of time, the Devils are hot and want revenge. No reason to believe why the Devils shouldn't go on a nice 4,5,6 game win streak here considering we're going to be at home for all those games. The competition is a lot better but the Devils have had a tough schedule all year and truth is, they're 6th in the east, 11th in the entire league with a no name, young defense, players hurt, and old goalies. Not too bad. Confidence would grow so much if they beat Boston Thursday! Lets do it!!! :koolaid:

Also a side note, if that wasnt a playoff worthy team LAST NIGHT then I dont know what is. If the team that has showed up the last 2 games continues this half of the season, we will be in good shape and good running for the playoffs. The true test will be the following two games (Boston and Philly). These two games will show us what team we really are dealing with.

They did play awesome but you have to consider who it was against and where they were coming from. The Jets are lame right now and just had to travel the day after a game. But with that said..the Devils put them away the way the should have. Championship teams feed on the weak!!

Dude, I was talking about the posts in the thread.

The topic was the length of the thread.

:blink:

Might wanna add NSFW.

Also, not to be a bother, but seriously? Moving avatar and moving signature? I was wondering why it took my browser 5 minutes to load the fvcking page, now I know.

It doesn't take my computer to load the page at all. Plus...come on look at Ric Flair's face in that signature and tell me that's not the greatest facial expression that you've ever seen.

EDIT: Saw the reasoning about work. NVM

As much as I'm enjoy the Devils play since the embarrassment in Calgary we still have to look forward and MUST beat teams like the Bruins, Rangers, Flyers...we have to take at least 4 out of the 6 points in those games.

You certainly have a flair for the dramatic. If we want to have a memorable, impression-making season, then we do have to beat these teams eventually. We don't have to do it now. We do NOT need to take 4 of those 6 points. This team just needs to keep getting points in general and playing well.

Every time this team is about to turn a corner, go on a 4-5 game winning streak they have a let down. I hope they've changed in the past week or two. All of those teams I just mentioned can be beaten one way or another and the Devils have to prove to themselves they can do so.

I can't personally speak for the players and their psyches. Everybody's different, and while some guys may in fact be boosted big wins like that, I'm sure that many are focused on what they do and what they can control because it's very difficult to become a professional athlete any other way.

The fact the Lightning just lit up Boston leads me to believe we can beat them Thursday. Boston has been playing a lot of games in a short period of time, the Devils are hot and want revenge. No reason to believe why the Devils shouldn't go on a nice 4,5,6 game win streak here considering we're going to be at home for all those games.

There's one big reason why: those are very good teams and they have something to say about it. That's the nature of sports. These upcoming games are not ours to lose. We can win though. I expect to see our team play hard, the opponents play hard, and hopefully the combination of talent, game planning, execution, and luck shakes out in our favor.

The competition is a lot better but the Devils have had a tough schedule all year and truth is, they're 6th in the east, 11th in the entire league with a no name, young defense, players hurt, and old goalies. Not too bad. Confidence would grow so much if they beat Boston Thursday! Lets do it!!! :koolaid:

As fanatics, all we could ever do is hope for the best and enjoy the good moments that come along the way. Hopefully the best is yet to come. :koolaid:

You certainly have a flair for the dramatic. If we want to have a memorable, impression-making season, then we do have to beat these teams eventually. We don't have to do it now. We do NOT need to take 4 of those 6 points. This team just needs to keep getting points in general and playing well.

I can't personally speak for the players and their psyches. Everybody's different, and while some guys may in fact be boosted big wins like that, I'm sure that many are focused on what they do and what they can control because it's very difficult to become a professional athlete any other way.

There's one big reason why: those are very good teams and they have something to say about it. That's the nature of sports. These upcoming games are not ours to lose. We can win though. I expect to see our team play hard, the opponents play hard, and hopefully the combination of talent, game planning, execution, and luck shakes out in our favor.

As fanatics, all we could ever do is hope for the best and enjoy the good moments that come along the way. Hopefully the best is yet to come. :koolaid:

Wow that was the best break down of a post ever.

+1 for all the effort

I agree with everything you're saying except for my expectations being a little too high and dramatic. Remember if we start beating these teams now it sticks in the teams head and they'll know they can come up with more wins against them later in the season. Just my opinion.

Definitely hoping for the best. I know those teams are excellent but I think with the talent the Devils have they can be excellent too.

Wow! You must have no life. :whistling::rolleyes::giggle:

I really don't have a life! I just go to work and watch hockey all day, and usually drink my face off. But what's that got to do with my post count?? giggle.gif

I mean, I had stopped posting and was just lurking for the past few years, but I needed a place to talk Devils hockey again. Being that the only other Devils fans I know are acquaintances and my Dad I needed a place to chat it up again. So I've been racking em' up lately but like Quinn, a lot of my posts are just in the GDT's...

@Devils Dose, agree with your points. It would be awesome to send a statement and beat both Boston and Philly this weekend but let's be real, these are both good hockey teams and we've won 5 out of our past 6. We can't expect to win every game! I'd love to see us win both but I'd be happy to see us win either (if I had to choose, let's beat the piss out of Philly!). As long as they come out and play some good hockey I'll be happy with it. We're playing well lately, and even if we lose a game they have shown all year that they know how to respond.

As for the "GUYS IT WAS JUST WINNIPEG" I don't buy it. You need to give credit where it is due. If the Jets beat us, do you think their fans would be like "Well guys, don't get too excited, they were missing Zajac, Henrique, and Greene so we really accomplished nothing." They shutout a redhot Senators team the night before. Every hockey game is a battle and when you win one decisively it's best to just enjoy it rather than detract from it.

@Devils Dose, agree with your points. It would be awesome to send a statement and beat both Boston and Philly this weekend but let's be real, these are both good hockey teams and we've won 5 out of our past 6. We can't expect to win every game! I'd love to see us win both but I'd be happy to see us win either (if I had to choose, let's beat the piss out of Philly!). As long as they come out and play some good hockey I'll be happy with it. We're playing well lately, and even if we lose a game they have shown all year that they know how to respond.

I agree, which is exactly what I was saying earlier.

As for the Bruins, I'll be happy if we keep it within a goal. Philly is the real target here though. We need the Devils not to get too caught up with Boston so that they're ready to battle with the Flyers.

As for the "GUYS IT WAS JUST WINNIPEG" I don't buy it. You need to give credit where it is due. If the Jets beat us, do you think their fans would be like "Well guys, don't get too excited, they were missing Zajac, Henrique, and Greene so we really accomplished nothing." They shutout a redhot Senators team the night before. Every hockey game is a battle and when you win one decisively it's best to just enjoy it rather than detract from it.

I understand where you're coming from on this, and I don't really disagree. However... I mean, you can just tell that the Jet's were gassed as soon as the puck was dropped for the opening faceoff. They just didn't show up for that game. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying that there's some merit to the "let's not get over excited about this" comments.

I understand where you're coming from on this, and I don't really disagree. However... I mean, you can just tell that the Jet's were gassed as soon as the puck was dropped for the opening faceoff. They just didn't show up for that game. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying that there's some merit to the "let's not get over excited about this" comments.

But no one here EVER accepts that as an excuse when we lose a back to back game - why is it a cop out for the opponent when they face us?

I mean to clarify, am I ecstatic we beat up on the Jets - no. I am more excited about how the Devils played, if that makes sense.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

It's different when it's your own team!

:D

Seriously though, I accept it... not as an excuse (and I don't think it's an excuse for the Jet's either), but at least as an explanation.

Conditioning is usually the primary issue that most people talk about, with this.

But yea, I'm pretty happy about the way the Devil's played as well. Not so much that they dominated, but that they never seemed to have let up. That "killer instinct" is a good trait for a team to develop. That, and I'm really happy that the team was able to take advantage of the opportunity here to put some distance between themselves and their opponents who are below them.

Since we were talking about it earlier in this thread:

The aftermath of Taylor Hall's accident

499182109.jpg?Expires=1326998724&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iCAV-4KdKtRJC5F0NK6DO5O3huhr2aXsF023dA3PzFWrDhICCKmBGd2dBXR2xvP05Ll8YbAOptqiEZvcWgvuzgB6Ng5L8efwxRmoPa6JkoTGFRf2xOgbBsHhvHUgAnGUcIdtCn2sGRSp2st6~9cN5iz0~QyifQODxSCloXqS-Xk_

yeesh!