2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Hilarious dive by St. Louis into the boards...very similar to the Avery/Jagr where he just plunged forward

St. Louis is a diving, embellishing little POS. He's been that way for years. As a matter of fact, by the time he's done in NY, he'll have most people here thinking the same way.

St. Louis is a diving, embellishing little POS. He's been that way for years. As a matter of fact, by the time he's done in NY, he'll have most people here thinking the same way.

I've thought this too about him for years. I really don't have a clue as to where people have this notion that he is a "really classy guy" that I have been hearing for years comes from.

I've thought this too about him for years. I really don't have a clue as to where people have this notion that he is a "really classy guy" that I have been hearing for years comes from.

Lady Byng 3x winner LOL. If he got as many penalties counted as he should have by diving and embellishing, he'd never have won any. That's another joke of an award like the Selke has become. 

Ok so Rangers won in regulation.

TEAM - GR - PTS - MAX - DIFF

TBL  - 18 -  74 - 110 - (+7)

PHI* - 18 -  73 - 109 - (+6)

NYR* - 17 -  74 - 108 - (+5)
DET  - 18 -  71 - 107 - (+4)

CBJ  - 18 -  71 - 107 - (+4)

----------------------------

WSH  - 17 -  70 - 104 - (+1)

OTT  - 18 -  67 - 103 - EVEN

NJD  - 17 -  69 - 103 - EVEN

CAR  - 18 -  63 -  99 - (-4)

I've thought this for weeks.  We're not catching Detroit, as much as people want to complain they're terrible they still have some talented players, know what it takes as an organization and have great coaching, so long as Howard doesn't **** the bed they'll make the playoffs.  If anything our only chance to catch a wild card is if Tampa goes full retard and keeps collapsing, but I doubt they'll lose enough compared to our division teams for it to matter against us.

Tuesday's ginormous.  Win or go home basically.  Really we have to win the next two with Tampa and Boston coming up after that.  With our schedule anything less than 7-3 the rest of the month would be inexcusable and fatal.

You're out of your mind.  Compare Detroit to the Rangers right now, it just is not even close, the Rangers are a way way better team.  Throw in the schedule Detroit has - they're clearly the team to gun for above NJ.

You're out of your mind.  Compare Detroit to the Rangers right now, it just is not even close, the Rangers are a way way better team.  Throw in the schedule Detroit has - they're clearly the team to gun for above NJ.

Injuries and goaltending. Rags have the upper hand over Detroit on both

Not that they can't slip up either. NYR has been prone to long offensive droughts the past few years...but I would think they're pretty safe to make the playoffs

I don't disagree the Rangers are better than Detroit but the Wings are still far more consistent than us...it basically comes down to beating Philly/Columbus/Washington in our division.  Or hoping this St. Louis thing destroys Tampa and Bishop comes back down to earth.

Plus the Rangers have six of the next seven on the road with the lone home game against the Sharks, how is that easy?  People look too much at the schedule anyway, we've supposedly had an easy schedule since November :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't disagree the Rangers are better than Detroit but the Wings are still far more consistent than us...it basically comes down to beating Philly/Columbus/Washington in our division.  Or hoping this St. Louis thing destroys Tampa and Bishop comes back down to earth.

Plus the Rangers have six of the next seven on the road with the lone home game against the Sharks, how is that easy?  People look too much at the schedule anyway, we've supposedly had an easy schedule since November :P

Detroit could fall apart at any second.  I don't really understand how they are more consistent than NJ - they have 2 more points in 1 fewer game.  How does that mean consistency?  If NJ wins 3 more shootouts this year, are they somehow more consistent?

Yeah I agree, someone in this thread mentioned the schedule and I took their word for it but I really don't see Detroit's as that hard.  

Edited by Triumph

Detroit's been awful in the shootouts too lol.  All I know is if we had Jagr and Elias on the shelf as much as they've had Datsyuk and Zetterberg out we'd already be six feet under.  Granted they're not getting those guys back anytime soon either and that hurts but they have had young guys like Nyquist and Tatar step up and now Franzen's back after his long concussion stint.

for some reason detroit is a tough matchup for us and gives us the impression that they are a better team then they really are. they match us in effort, forechecking, stick work (always getting stick on our passes), board battles

as far as the rags go, I hate to say it but they're a good team rolling 3 decent lines now. imo we're not catching them

Ok so Rangers won in regulation.

TEAM - GR - PTS - MAX - DIFF

TBL - 18 - 74 - 110 - (+7)

PHI* - 18 - 73 - 109 - (+6)

NYR* - 17 - 74 - 108 - (+5)

DET - 18 - 71 - 107 - (+4)

CBJ - 18 - 71 - 107 - (+4)

----------------------------

WSH - 17 - 70 - 104 - (+1)

OTT - 18 - 67 - 103 - EVEN

NJD - 17 - 69 - 103 - EVEN

CAR - 18 - 63 - 99 - (-4)

thanks for these but where you put the line is a bit confusing- you have 5 teams above it as if to say they are all in but realistically only four spots are up for grabs, no? As of today Detroit is out of the playoffs.

Edit: unless you just have it that way because of the tie in points, but he jackets win the tiebreaker.

Edited by dmann422

Damn Matt Stajan temporary left the Flames after his baby died not too long after his birth... thats terrible

http://www.hockey30.com/nouvelles/gionta-contre-un-choix-de-2e-ronde-et-un-espoir-bergevin-aurait-dit-non-aux/

from this report from Quebec, rumours are that Lou offered a prospect and a 2nd for Gionta... but that Bergevin turned it down

Edited by SterioDesign

http://www.hockey30.com/nouvelles/gionta-contre-un-choix-de-2e-ronde-et-un-espoir-bergevin-aurait-dit-non-aux/

from this report from Quebec, rumours are that Lou offered a prospect and a 2nd for Gionta... but that Bergevin turned it down

Lol, I made a joke of trading Brodeur for Gionta. I wasn't too far off.

Damn Matt Stajan temporary left the Flames after his baby died not too long after his birth... thats terrible

That's a horrible trade. Gionta is 35 and just about done in this league. 

It's safe to assume Lou inquired about every former Devil around the league on deadline day.

Article about Gio's declining offensive abilities:

http://www.habsaddict.com/2013/02/are-brian-giontas-best-days-long-gone.html

I have a funny feeling he's coming back here this offseason...something like a two or three year deal.  Hopefully not. 

Article about Gio's declining offensive abilities:

http://www.habsaddict.com/2013/02/are-brian-giontas-best-days-long-gone.html

I have a funny feeling he's coming back here this offseason...something like a two or three year deal. Hopefully not.

I'm sure of three things: we all die, we all pay taxes, and Brian Gionta will be a Devil again July 1.

I'm sure of three things: we all die, we all pay taxes, and Brian Gionta will be a Devil again July 1.

God no...nothing against Gio, had some nice moments here, but I don't need to see his patented logo-seekers anymore.  I'm so through with ex-Devils coming back here and being shells of what they were.     

God no...nothing against Gio, had some nice moments here, but I don't need to see his patented logo-seekers anymore. I'm so through with ex-Devils coming back here and being shells of what they were.

That would make two of us... But this is Lou we're talking about. You can write that sh!t down.