584 replies to this topic

#1 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Sure, anytime of year is a good time to listen to a great band, but something about the onset seems inspire that feeling within me. It's concert season.
So here's a plcae to talk about the shows you've seen or are going to see.

I'll get things started
I've got tickets to:
Pearl Jam

May 18th

Prudential Center (be weird going back when I thought my next visit wouldn't come until Sept)

Bon Jovi

May 29th

New Meadowlands Stadium (on the field for my first visit to the Stadium? Nice)

Crowded House

July 23rd

Wellmont Theater

Green Day

August 14th

PNC Bank Arts Center

Rush

September 3rd

also at PNC

Obviously looking forward to PJ right now since that one's coming up so soon, but I know that I will be excited all summer to go see Rush for the first time.

Some others I want to see:
U2
Ringo Starr
Weezer
Santana
Roger Waters
REO Speedwagon

Edited by Devils Dose, 28 July 2011 - 12:03 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#2 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Pearl Jam
May 18th
Prudential Center (be weird going back when I thought my next visit wouldn't come until Sept)

Luckiest man alive.
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Currently all I have planned are:

Warped Tour - July 21st - Monmouth Racetrack
Lollapalooza - August 6th-8th - Grant Park, Chicago

Probably going to:
Great American Food & Music Festival - June 13th - New Meadowlands Stadium (...soihadto... [Duff from Ace of Cake's band])
Bamboozle Roadshow - June 24th - Six Flags Great Adventure (lots of sh!tty bands, and Third Eye Blind)

If Eve 6 announce a local show (and I'm reasonably sure they will), I'll definitely be going to that. And I usually manage one or two shows at Starland if anything interesting comes out. But the majority of my cash is going towards Lollapalooza.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

Modest Mouse is playing in Montclair and I'm hoping to go to that. That seems to be it for me this summer. Was hoping to go to that U2 concert until I saw the prices...

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Rage Against the Machine with Gogol Bordello, Gallows, and Roots Manuva
June 6th
Finsbury Park, London
This is their free show they promised for Killing in the Name beating out the X Factor winner for the #1 Christmas single in the UK. I'm looking forward to checking out Gogol Bordello too, my public speaking teacher told me about them and said they are a great live band. I thought it was kind of weird since he is in his 50s but oh well haha. Only problem is I'm flying out for a week-long vacation in Ireland on June 2nd, and even though all the tickets were claimed online back in February, See Tickets isn't mailing them out until the last week of May, so I'm worried that my ticket for this might not arrive in time. :(

Rage Against the Machine with Gallows
June 8th
O2 Arena, Dublin
At least if I don't get my ticket for the London show in time, I'll definitely be at this one. :)

Iron Maiden with Dream Theater
July 11th
PNC
I saw Iron Maiden the last time they came to PNC and it was an awesome show. They played only songs from Powerslave and earlier. This time they have a new CD they're pushing so I'm sure it won't be as good but I feel like it's worth seeing them at least from the lawn again regardless.

Iced Earth with Sons of Liberty
September 23rd at Nokia Theatre
I saw them last year and it was a real good show despite not playing some of their best songs. This time around they are going with a greatest hits setlist so I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

I hit up Bamboozle two Sundays ago. Mainly wanted to see Ok Go and Weezer, both didn't disappoint...other than that just walked around the grounds in between the two shows.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

My friend somehow convinced a bunch of us to go to Weird Al at PNC. Should be fun (or it better be for $60:P)

I really want to see Silversun Pickups, Modest Mouse, and Weezer. And I want to see if Chiddy Bang is going to be around NJ/NY this summer. I'm loving them right now.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Luckiest man alive.

If people want tickets to that Pearl Jam show, you should check out StubHub. I got mine there, for $33 apiece after fees. You'd better hurry up though; I think that they switch to "Last Minute" status soon, and the added fee for that is a killer :angry: .

#9 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:29 AM

Saw The National twice in Richmond a few weeks ago and they killed. Seeing them again on Saturday in Brooklyn. Camera Obscura in June, Osheaga Festival in Montreal in July, and then ATP in Sept.

Im sure Ill see more but these are confirmed with tix and all that already.

#10 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:57 AM

This summer/early fall I have tickets to.

LCD Soundsystem

Roger Water's "The Wall" Tour @ the IZOD Center

Miike Snow
Posted Image

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

Rage Against the Machine with Gogol Bordello, Gallows, and Roots Manuva

I just spooged a little bit.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

I've added Weezer to my list.

July 16th

Williamsburg Waterfront

Does anybody know about this venue, what it's like, parking, etc?

#13 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Weezer still sounds great live. I just found out I have a pass to Bonnaroo!
Posted Image

#14 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

Currently all I have planned are:

Warped Tour - July 21st - Monmouth Racetrack
Lollapalooza - August 6th-8th - Grant Park, Chicago

Probably going to:
Great American Food & Music Festival - June 13th - New Meadowlands Stadium (...soihadto... [Duff from Ace of Cake's band])
Bamboozle Roadshow - June 24th - Six Flags Great Adventure (lots of sh!tty bands, and Third Eye Blind)

If Eve 6 announce a local show (and I'm reasonably sure they will), I'll definitely be going to that. And I usually manage one or two shows at Starland if anything interesting comes out. But the majority of my cash is going towards Lollapalooza.

I heard that the UC Music Fest Committee is looking to get Third Eye Blind again for the festival in September. 3EB in Clark again would be awesome. That show was ridiculous.

#15 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

Weezer still sounds great live. I just found out I have a pass to Bonnaroo!

my friend has worked bonnaroo for a couple summers now as night time security. she basically gets paid to watch the entire festival and gets to throw out idiot drunks. sounds like a blast to me haha.

my work schedule is really screwing up the concerts i wanted to go to. the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

i am unfortunately seeing paramore this summer. i hate paramore. one of my favorite bands though, tegan and sara, are opening for them and my buddy bought me a ticket so i might as well go.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#16 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

my friend has worked bonnaroo for a couple summers now as night time security. she basically gets paid to watch the entire festival and gets to throw out idiot drunks. sounds like a blast to me haha.

my work schedule is really screwing up the concerts i wanted to go to. the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

i am unfortunately seeing paramore this summer. i hate paramore. one of my favorite bands though, tegan and sara, are opening for them and my buddy bought me a ticket so i might as well go.

I used to really like the Juliana Theory. That album is great. This will be my first bonnaroo, I have a photo pass so I'll be avoiding the crowds and actually get to see some of these bands up close. Can't wait.
Posted Image

#17 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

I'm looking forward to checking out Gogol Bordello too, my public speaking teacher told me about them and said they are a great live band. I thought it was kind of weird since he is in his 50s but oh well haha

I've seen them live a bunch of times, they do put on a great show. They are very spontaneous and never did the same show the bunch of times I've seen them.

#18 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Williamsburg Waterfront ... Does anybody know about this venue, what it's like, parking, etc?

I've never been there yet. But I am going to see Faith No More there July 2

I also hope to see Iron Maiden at PNC July 11. I'm just waiting to see if PNC offers any discount days like it did last summer.

And then hopefully, I'll go see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Izod in November.

Also, I have tix to see Jim Gaffigan at the Nokia Theater in December. ... Bacon.

#19 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

My cash money is going to my wedding & honeymoon, but I have tix to Iron Maiden at MSG, which should be top-notch.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#20 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

I used to really like the Juliana Theory. That album is great. This will be my first bonnaroo, I have a photo pass so I'll be avoiding the crowds and actually get to see some of these bands up close. Can't wait.

yeah the last two juliana theory albums weren't really that great. the earlier stuff is just plain awesome. that's awesome about bonnaroo -- i'm totally jealous haha.

i also really want to go to the jukebox the ghost show in late may but i'm pretty sure it's on my mother's birthday so that probably won't happen. lastone, i'm almost positive they're playing lolla this year. you need to check them out. they're SO good.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users