GDT: New Jersey @ Boston

Derlique

FWIW, all of our goals came from RWs last night.

Positives I take from this game:

- Tedenby had one of his best efforts of the season. He was constantly in the middle of things, creating plays.

- Palmieri's smile after his goal said it all. The kid really needed that, and to get a second goal on top of it makes it even better. Hopefully we get to see a similar grin, albeit with fewer teeth, from Teddy soon.

- Hedberg was ridiculous. Highlight reel save after highlight reel save.

- Part of that was necessitated by how wide open the game was, and it was good to see the Devils match the Bruins in a game like that right up until the end. It's one thing to stay in a game with an elite team when you're forcing them to play your game, but when you're forced to play theirs and are still able to stay in it, that says a lot. Especially when you're missing two top-six forwards.

- Janssen leveling Chara was friggin awesome. Hot damn, I missed that crazy bastard.

All in all, great effort despite the loss. Looking forward to tonight's game.

LGD!

I missed the first period, so I'm assuming that happened then? I did not see him in the game at all... I wish DeBoer would play him more to make more of an impact on the ice because we got outplayed in physicality all night and you could tell the Devils would rather avoid a check and try to get rid of the puck, rather than play the puck and make smart decisions and take the hit. Just sayin'.

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico a bit perplexing...

CHICO: "Ya know, Steve, Darren Pang auditioned for the role of Frodo in those Lord Of The Rings movies."

CANGIALOSI: "Wow...I can't say I knew that, Chico."

CHICO: "He didn't get the part, though. They said he was still too short for the role."

You guys are so irritating. You all want to just fight and pontificate and be right. And as the trashy neighbor from my youth used to say: none of yus are right.

Whenever anyone is interested in ACTUAL hockey it's pretty much pedantic esoteric fenwick sh!t and you summarily discounting the relevance of any other train of thought.

Knock yerselves out I guess.

I have to say... last night was the LEAST annoyed I've been after a loss in a long time. They played pretty well without Kovy, Zajac, and Josefson. The Bruins are maybe the best team in the league, won five in a row, and scored 30 goals in that 5 game span. The Devils really gave them all they could handle... a few glaring mistakes shows that if the team is on top of it's game, they can play with the best teams in the league. We're also missing one of the best players in the world (Kovy), and our top center (Zajac). We'll be alright...

I missed the first period, so I'm assuming that happened then? I did not see him in the game at all... I wish DeBoer would play him more to make more of an impact on the ice because we got outplayed in physicality all night and you could tell the Devils would rather avoid a check and try to get rid of the puck, rather than play the puck and make smart decisions and take the hit. Just sayin'.

the bruins were all over our second breakout pass. how many times did we turn it over at our blueline??? No one wanted to skate it out against them or draw the double pinch, too many weak panic clear attempts. they did the film room work on deboer. and they were the big bad bruins hitting anything that moved

You guys are so irritating. You all want to just fight and pontificate and be right. And as the trashy neighbor from my youth used to say: none of yus are right.

Whenever anyone is interested in ACTUAL hockey it's pretty much pedantic esoteric fenwick sh!t and you summarily discounting the relevance of any other train of thought.

Knock yerselves out I guess.

I never said I was right. I'm just giving my point of view.

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico a bit perplexing...

CHICO: "Ya know, Steve, Darren Pang auditioned for the role of Frodo in those Lord Of The Rings movies."

CANGIALOSI: "Wow...I can't say I knew that, Chico."

CHICO: "He didn't get the part, though. They said he was still too short for the role."

AND -- did you hear Cangi stammer and his voice shake when he heard that? ... I swear he was called to read for the part too -- I'm sure of it in fact! I thought Chico was going to say he himself was up for Bilbo!

BTW -- Since I'll forget when board awards come around - props to Has -- despite the rather despondent wafting from positive to negative I think he's pretty well grounded in reality. :evil:

I like you're input dude and I feel free to argue with you too :P

AND DinLA seems to enjoy the same stuff I do about things right now. and clearly I feel free to argue with you as well :evil::giggle:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I never said I was right. I'm just giving my point of view.

I COMPLETELY understand.

That's why I say - you have to start watching more because you're point of view is improperly skewed. if it wasn't what people are writing would make more sense to you and your arguments for why they're wrong would be more logical Your applying logic of past teams flaws not with this new team. It's clear you aren't really sure what's going on - your guessing based on the past and that past has successfully been purged --- FINALLY :pray:

To argue with you right now is pointless -- it's not an exercise in futility - dont get me wrong. You're not a dunce AT ALL!!! you're not seeing the team for what it is now though Your opinions are just based on the wrong set of given circumstances :noclue:

BTW -- Since I'll forget when board awards come around - props to Has -- despite the rather despondent wafting from positive to negative I think he's pretty well grounded in reality. :evil:

I like you're input dude and I feel free to argue with you too :P

AND DinLA seems to enjoy the same stuff I do about things right now. and clearly I feel free to argue with you as well :evil::giggle:

lol, the extremists on both sides get me going though I do lean more towards the cynical pov with this team in more of a 'they have to prove they're good again' mindset. Just like politics I suppose, I lean toward one side of the aisle but their extremists are just as looney as the other side's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 of the 4 Bruins goals were kinda flukey (not neccessarily Hedberg's fault, just in general). if there is a possitive, they hung in there against a team playing really well and almost pulled it out. What annoys me is the fact that it seems everytime they play Boston, the Devils make Shawn Thornton look like a freakin all-star for some reason, he always scores against us

Yeah it was in the first few minutes, IIRC. It was pretty much the best Devils play of the first period, so they had Cam for the intermission interview. He said that, right after the hit, Chara asked if he wanted to fight. :lol: Cam fights up weight classes, but damn would that have been a mismatch!

Yeah it was in the first few minutes, IIRC. It was pretty much the best Devils play of the first period, so they had Cam for the intermission interview. He said that, right after the hit, Chara asked if he wanted to fight. :lol: Cam fights up weight classes, but damn would that have been a mismatch!

He and clarkson are very small as far as enforcers go, and as we've seen from the bruin/sabre game you still need one in the NHL. we may need a 6'5" MMA type guy

Looking back the devils did not do bad, but they were not great especially in that third period. Our team defense broke down and that is what killed us.

The player that did kinda piss me off in last nights game was Zubrus. I feel like he just mailed the game in and brought his linemates down.

Carter every game looks more and more like a waiver steal.

Greene ihas been our most consisent defenseman all around only mostly because he has been somewhat unnoticed. I still wonder when and if his offensive skills are ever going to break out again.

Like someone else said, I too feel more confident in moose than Marty now these days, but that first goal hurt.

I just hope henrique can keep his level up.

We miss Travis badly and I hope Kovy is back in tonight.

I am still undecided if I like deboer. I wanted Hitchcock back in the summer and while I do not think deboer is having easy practices as someone here posted, I am still clueless as why he only plays a three line game

Finally clarkson has been making me eat my words the last few weeks and honestly I love it.wish tedenby would follow suit sometime this season.

Edited by DevsMan84