BEER

TrentonDevils

Ok the Prudential Center being whored out to the likes of Budweiser has inspired me to start a thread discussing your favorite beers. Yes, I suppose I am a beer snob....I dont think there is anything wrong with liking beer that does not taste like goat urine.

Here are some of my favorites:

arrogantbastard.jpg

Weyerbacher_Old_Heathen-resized200.jpg

bass%20ale.jpg

usa-dogfish-head-90-minute-imperial-ipa.jpg

flyingfishlogo.jpg

photo.jpg

1_Brooklyn_Lager_Bottle_Glass_netti.jpg

531.jpg

rg.gif

Juniper_Pale_Ale.gif

rogueamericanamber.jpg

429shakespeare.jpg

irish1-778669.jpg

boddintonstin.jpg

ommegang.jpg

AND MANY MORE

Good beer is for the rich. I am cheap so at teh bar Miller High LIfe. At home mostly Black Label. When I come back from PA I get teh Yuengling Lord Chesterfield. During hockey season I will get Labat's.

I also like getting the Ballentines Bottles because they have the fancy puzzles under the cap.

133-LR.JPG

Good beer is for the rich. I am cheap so at teh bar Miller High LIfe. At home mostly Black Label. When I come back from PA I get teh Yuengling Lord Chesterfield. During hockey season I will get Labat's.

I also like getting the Ballentines Bottles because they have the fancy puzzles under the cap.

That Rogue is good stuff, TD. Reno has a couple of beer-centric events every year, and the crew from Newport almost always makes the trip. Like I said, good stuff, although I much prefer the ale on tap than in a bottle.

Barring that, give me a Stella Artois or a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Quantity over quality is my theory. I used to be a beer snob. Every so often I treat myself to a good beer. ONe of my favorites that will be coming out soon again is teh Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. I am also a big fan of Christmas beers SAmuel Smith's being my favorite.

Have you ever had teh Samuel Smiths? It isn't like the crap ones the Sam Adams makes. Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale used to be fantastic but they have changed it recently and it isn't nearly as high in alcohol content. Glad to see you are the judge of who is a beer snob or not but in my days I pretty much only drank Belgium and English beers. Eh, I am happy with my Black Label these days.
Edited by TrentonDevils

Well I was just poking fun at my own beer snobbery.

But I just dont like beers that have cinnamon and spice and everything nice and all that in them.

I prefer just hoppy normal beers, or really good stouts.

That Weyerbacher stout is really good, but the Brooklyn Black Chocolate stout is my favorite

And that said, I still will drink Miller lite when a) im golfing and its hot out or b) I am really broke

Yeah the Samuel Smiths doesn't have all that spice you find in a lot of US micro brew christmas ales.

Yeah that Brooklyn black stout is pretty awesome.

I like to drink too much to be able to afford to always drink good beer.

The two I would say you must try are :

Arrogant Bastard - this beer is just amazingly good.

Rogue Juniper Ale - Its got a faint junipe berry taste that makes it extremely refreshing, while getting you extremely drunk

If you like Stouts....Do the Brooklyn Black Chocolate, but its seasonal so youll have to wait til fall