Newark gets short end in Prudential Center revenue share ruling

thelastonealive

This maybe true, but prudential center is one of the safest areas in Newark that I know of. This is especially true during games. Some areas are kind of "bad", if you know what I mean even during the day.

I have seen plenty of GSWs in the hospital that tell me Newark can be a dangerous place.

There are always cops everywhere. I've never felt un-safe.

It's off-putting for some (not really myself) to walk through the train-station with probably 50+ homeless people lying around. I'm not knocking the homeless & I don't know what the solution is for this; just making an observation of the environment that puts a lot of people off.

Maybe JVB can open up a homeless shelter!

There are always cops everywhere. I've never felt un-safe.

It's off-putting for some (not really myself) to walk through the train-station with probably 50+ homeless people lying around. I'm not knocking the homeless & I don't know what the solution is for this; just making an observation of the environment that puts a lot of people off.

Maybe JVB can open up a homeless shelter!

This entire post is exactly how I feel as well.

Distinction without a difference. Like saying that it doesn't matter if you blow your bonus in Atlantic City, since it isn't part of your regular salary.

The Rock has also been an unmitigated disaster for Newark. Besides maybe a handful of restaurants and the dumpy souveneir stand in Gateway Plaza, no businesses have been attracted to Neeark as a result. Someone mentioned Panasonic moving to Newark. It didn't relocate because of a sports arena. It got a much lower tax bill from the state to move to Newark.

The arena opened in 2007, and what in 2008/2009?? the real-state bubble burst an with that we gor mini-recession, only now we are seen some sign of recovery, so we can't say yet the Arena was a dissaster for Newark and that no Businesses were attract...

But as someone mentioned before Booker was just unprofessional with his comments, i get Newark is having hard time to balance the budget and 2 years ago or so had let go hundreds of cops to balance the budget . But he has to see that the Devils themselves are in a similar situation and like Newark is figthing for every penny.

LOL, the arbitration is only not binding when they lose. If this is any indication of what Booker's post-newark political career is going to be like, it's not going to last long. He's getting owned without JVB even saying a word, maybe because he actually no longer exists in his position accept for choice appearences. :lol:

"I'm not stepping foot in this building until we're done right by, btw, can you send me some tickets to go see Springsteen?"

Not to mention the years of quiet when he *knew* what the situation was, tried to have it stopped, found out it was airtight, and now afterwards is complaining after it was upheld that it was airtight. And I'm pretty sure he was at the groundbreaking for the hotel he's now complaining about, because it's not a community center, in an area where *no one lives*.

From what I remember of the obligations under the "deal" he struck with the Devils, they met their obligations. And there weren't many of them and they were extremely lame.... because the deal was airtight.

Edited by maxpower

I thought the community center was supposed to be on the lot across from the practice rink on Lafayette. Anyways yeah, it makes no sense to build a rec center next to the arena in your downtown with the Y straight up on Broad and when Broad St needs gentrification Cory.

Edited by Marv4Life