Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

I still can't believe were having a discussion on the word "suck" lol, they say worse in shows that are on at prime time! sh!t, ass, bitch, dammit....the list goes on.

Give me a break already.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

That's not the point.

Can't we have a goal song that doesn't incite a chant that focuses on the other team an instead focuses on our team that just scored?

Too many children throwing a tantrum because they can't have their you suck chant.

That's not the point.

Can't we have a goal song that doesn't incite a chant that focuses on the other team an instead focuses on our team that just scored?

Too many children throwing a tantrum because they can't have their you suck chant.

I don't mind at all changing the song and not hearing the "you suck" chant...trust me, I've heard worse at games while having my 11 year old with me at games which irks me a lot more.

I refuse to even sit upstairs anymore with drunk, cursing, fighting idiots. I think THAT is a bigger issue.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

Zzzzzzzzzz..maybe some of us enjoy taunting a rival team. Guess we should stop the "Henrik" chants too. Very immature of us indeed.

Seven Nation Army grew on me, although I hate to shatter the illusion a bit, but the audio track they used had chanting/voices in it. Still, crowd seemed to like it. Wouldn't mind if it stuck.

Edited by Devilsfan118

To all the "you suck" people: are you actually trying to ruin things for everyone else, or is there just some sort of impulse you can't control?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You sound like an elementary school teacher desperately trying to scold a bunch of 8 year olds. What are they going to do, get rid of the horn and song? "You suck" is the most innocent thing i say at any sporting event.

Alright so I think the argument itself has been beaten to death and beyond between "you suck"ers and "show some sportsmanship"ers. My question now is, what's the end game here? What we saw today is that even if they pick a different song, the you suck-ers will still find a way to say "you suck". So what, does management just keep changing the song every game to keep you suck-ers off their game? Do they establish a "no chanting" rule at The Rock and start kicking out fans for chanting at a sporting event? I really don't know, but it doesn't look like "you suck" is going to die easily. The whole thing is just getting more and more silly.

A YouTube that was posted on HF...yep, you can clearly hear the four letter word Devil management hates.

Either they'll have to give up the ghost or find a sing that's you suck-proof.  And I don't know if they can find one, since Devil fans are clearly set on chanting it.

Edited by NJDevs26

Nice, I even heard a few 'you suck' chants after the 4th goal lol. What would you say the split is? 80/20, 90/10 Devils?

I'd say 75/25 Devils.  5,000 Rags fans seems about right.

They said the song with the most votes will be played at the next home game. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be R&R Pt. 2...

Except they did.

They said the song with the most votes will be played at the next home game. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be R&R Pt. 2...

What are you talking about, you really think they are going to play the song they are trying to get rid of?

pzIug.gif

Here's my take on the You Suck chant from tonight.  I actually don't hate it as much as I did the You Suck with RR2.

The window to get in the You Suck chant with 7 Nation Army is a lot smaller than with RR2.  That means the timing has to be perfect.  To get 15,000+ fans to time it perfectly would be next to impossible.  People who don't like the chant can still sing along to the song.  With that, it means the singing will mask the You Suck chant a little. And with all of that in mind, the You Suck chant won't be as resounding on TV, nor would it be as audible as it was with RR2.  It's much tamer.

As for the YT above, the reason it was clearly audible was because the guy with the phone was chanting it.

Here's my take on the You Suck chant from tonight. I actually don't hate it as much as I did the You Suck with RR2.

The window to get in the You Suck chant with 7 Nation Army is a lot smaller than with RR2. That means the timing has to be perfect. To get 15,000+ fans to time it perfectly would be next to impossible. People who don't like the chant can still sing along to the song. With that, it means the singing will mask the You Suck chant a little. And with all of that in mind, the You Suck chant won't be as resounding on TV, nor would it be as audible as it was with RR2. It's much tamer.

As for the YT above, the reason it was clearly audible was because the guy with the phone was chanting it.

I could faintly hear it on the tv, but i was listening for it. Couldve been in my head i suppose

I could faintly hear it on the tv, but i was listening for it. Couldve been in my head i suppose

I wouldn't mind 7 Nation Army as our goal song if that is the You Suck chant that is gonna come with it.  I'm anticipating a You Suck chant with whatever song we get.  If we have to have a You Suck chant, I wouldn't mind this.

I thought it wasnt bad. I think its going to be hard to break the habit of fans chanting you suck. If that is the reason they are changing the song, altering human behavior seems pointless

Fans were singing it very loud tonight though.  And the YS chant wasn't nearly as loud or aggressive as it was with RR2.

A night we beat the rags 4-0 is the night you're really gonna get the Y S chant as loud as ever...no matter what song they played

I honestly don't think it was THAT loud tonight.  The section that started it was actually right above me.  The crazies aka 233 was right above me.

I honestly don't think it was THAT loud tonight.  The section that started it was actually right above me.  The crazies aka 233 was right above me.

yeah..just saying if the Devils played the Blue Jackets tonight and were down 3-1, you probably wouldnt have heard much of the YS

But Devil fans seeing the queen get lit up an us not giving up any is cause for all kinds of celebration

yeah..just saying if the Devils played the Blue Jackets tonight and were down 3-1, you probably wouldnt have heard much of the YS

But Devil fans seeing the queen get lit up an us not giving up any is cause for all kinds of celebration

I do have a confession to make.  I was actually partaking in the YS chant tonight simply because it was the Rags.

What are you talking about, you really think they are going to play the song they are trying to get rid of?

pzIug.gif

Thats not the point he was making though. The organization presented a vote to the fans with no restriction re RnR2. they cheated at their own contest.

For our entire existence the biggest knock against our club was the lack of fans, attendance, arena atmosphere, etc...The you suck chant was a chant that organically grew and brought the majority of fans screaming in unison to taunt the opposition. It wasn't noise encouraged by the Jumbotron or some marketing campaign, but rather thru a natural enjoyment from the fans to cheer their team. And you couldn't get a chant more Jersey. Taking this away to appease a few stuck up individuals is a reminder that the club isn't for the fans.

Edited by devlman