Lou: Zach Chose Minnesota Over NJ

Devil Dan 56

Puck Daddy

"The decision, based on what Zach told me, was based upon going home and playing with someone he grew up with. Going home was the real focus, and the conversation he and I had, had not thing to do with money."
"There's no question we're disappointed. It's a very unfortunate thing when you have a player of his stature that comes through the ranks, is given time, and makes a decision to go elsewhere," said Lamoriello.
"We will do everything we can right now to go to Plan B," he said. "We'll do whatever we can to get ourselves better. [but] you don't replace a Zach Parise. You just don't do that."

Poor Lou sounds heart broken in some of those.

Yeah well the first thing Lou better do is lock up Zajac before this **** repeats itself next year and he winds up giving Elias/Zubrus 3+ years and overpaying Clarkson to compensate. Especially since Zajac's better than anything that's currently on the market for this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And also, if Rick Nash is any part of plan B I'll lose it.

I think it's safe to say he isn't, considering what Columbus has reportedly asked for from other teams. We don't have those kinds of pieces, plus we already have to give up one of our next 2 first round picks.

I think it's safe to say he isn't, considering what Columbus has reportedly asked for from other teams. We don't have those kinds of pieces, plus we already have to give up one of our next 2 first round picks.

Yea we'd be looking at Adam Henrique, Adam Larsson, a 1st round pick we don't have, a 2nd round pick and Jon Merril.

Zach's injury in 10-11 set us back so much. We lost Parise for basically the season, missed the playoffs, and then had to take a gamble he could still play.

If Lou signed him to a 13 year deal last year, and Parise stayed a step behind and shyed away from the front of the net... we'd be screwed for a decade.

But playing conservative, led us to lose Zach... by giving him the opportunity to go home. I can't blame him. Why work in a far away state, when you can make the same money working at home... you don't need to be "away" all the time. Home games, are actually, home.

Zach's injury in 10-11 set us back so much. We lost Parise for basically the season, missed the playoffs, and then had to take a gamble he could still play.

If Lou signed him to a 13 year deal last year, and Parise stayed a step behind and shyed away from the front of the net... we'd be screwed for a decade.

I do agree with you that if he didn't get hurt there might have been a chance to sign him sooner but we would have all called for Lous head if he had signed Parise without knowing if he could bounce back or not from that injury but not having Parise was not the reason we missed the playoffs though. That was all Johnny Mac and partially Langs. Before Parise got hurt we were 3-8-1 and finished off with a wonderful record of 9-22-2 before they finally fired his ass. Langs also had something to do with that cause we went 26-7-3 after we traded him and all of this happened without Parise(I think he played 1 game towards the end of the season)