Uniform Opinion Time

britoon

So during the Devils feed last night they interviewed Stan Fischler. First off, I am not a fan of "The Maven" I think he is a douche personally.

Anyway, they asked him if the league will ever go back to the White Jerseys being the home jerseys and the Dark Jerseys being away. Of course Stan wanted the whites at home and I know this is the way it used to be but why do people like that?

You would think that the Red and Black colors would be worn at home because your home building is already filled with your HOME colors.

From an aesthetic and design standpoint darks at home just makes sense.

Thoughts?

So during the Devils feed last night they interviewed Stan Fischler. First off, I am not a fan of "The Maven" I think he is a douche personally.

Anyway, they asked him if the league will ever go back to the White Jerseys being the home jerseys and the Dark Jerseys being away. Of course Stan wanted the whites at home and I know this is the way it used to be but why do people like that?

You would think that the Red and Black colors would be worn at home because your home building is already filled with your HOME colors.

Thoughts?

For me it's because every other team looks the same when they come into your building now. It gets old, there's no variety, it's always guys in red versus guys in white, 41 times a year.

For me it's because every other team looks the same when they come into your building now. It gets old, there's no variety, it's always guys in red versus guys in white, 41 times a year.

Agree. I like the white home jersey's so we can see the other team's colors when they come in. I'd love to see the all blue and gold Buffalo throwbacks, the all black Blackhawks jersey's and the full green of the Wild. I also like the "white outs" at home as opposed to "Rock your Red". That scene in Edmonton a few years back was awesome.

Thoughts?

I agree with you brit.

Stan is an old fashoned guy and does not like change. The NHL made a smart move by wearing the colored jerseys at home IMO. I know many are still old fashoned and would like the white still at home but there needed to be a change for the better me thinks.

The red at home is a lot better because that is the teams true colors. I hope they stay with the red for a longtime. "Rock Your Red" is the theme at the Prudential Center and I think its here to stay for a while. Keep the road whites on the road.

Nothing is better than seeing a sea of red at home and Calgary looks awesome every home game in their sea of red.

Edited by SatansDevils

Do you even know what a plethora is, Jeffe?

Good guys wear white --> the HOME team are the good guys => Home Whites, duh!

With dark home jerseys every game is red vs. white at home. With white at home then it becomes white vs a plethora of interesting colors. The latter is more interesting.

I understand and that is the point, when you are playing in your own building the psychological edge goes to the team in the more interesting jerseys. It kinda knocks down the opposition a peg.

The white jerseys also reflect more making them cooler for the wearer which helps in lowering overall fatigue. :dance:

White is better as it allows a player to camouflage with the ice. This makes them harder to detect thus giving them an advantage. Duuhhh..

But seriously, Red and Black are the Devils signature colors...the jersey looks better and it makes sense that it would be their home worn jersey. Football does this and it looks great.

Regardless, Id like to see them abandon the red jersey for one year and go with the same style, just using black instead of red, and have red on the shoulders and wear red shorts. Itd be nice for a change...

I'd much rather we throwback to the xmas colors than go black. Too many crappy teams (including the one that just beat us last night) have black uniforms.