2012 Miami Dolphins Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the way Tannehill looked the other night when he actually had time- he should start from day 1, I don't think there's any doubt about it at this point. We're not winning anything this year anyway, and he's been better than Moore (and Garrard isn't even an option for another couple of weeks). Let the kid start and let's see what we got. Re: other issues-the right side of the o-line was garbage, particularly Jonathan Martin. The big fella needs to sit down and watch the tape because he got schooled by Charles Johnson and pretty much every other guy Carolina lined up on his side. The defense has been atrocious- I know Wake, Burnett, and Dansby all didn't play, but I think it shows our back up LB's aren't very good, and the secondary still has issues- the secondary is supposed to be Kevin Coyle's area of expertise. So far, I'm not impressed. Vontae Davis especially needs to get his head out of his ass. It looks like Coyle has a LOT of work to do if he wants to be a good DC. Hard Knocks has been fantstic to watch btw- really like Philbin. Hope he turns out to be the real deal as a coach. Anyway, looking like a 6-7 win year from my end (I, of course, pray that I'm wrong and we go 16-0 lol). It's really about the young guys and their development this year to me, especially Tannehill. And after the other night, I better see stark improvement from Jonathan Martin as well.

MadDog got his wish: Tannehill named Starter for Week 1 @Houston

I wonder if this is a mistake setting him loose against a top-10 defense (I think they'll miss Ryans and Williams, but they will still be a very good defense) as his first game, but if we're going to start a rookie, this is the year...the schedule after Houston is pretty light; our next truly brutal opponent is Week 13 vs NE and the Jets, Patriots, 9ers, and Texans are really the only defenses of substance on the docket.

I'm a little surprised they are going with Tannehill right out of the gate. Moore really wasn't that bad last year and the Dolphins receiving group is piss poor, so you're not really setting him up for instant success. I guess it was inevitable anyway.

Edited by nmigliore

This season is going to be a disaster. Even if Tannehill has all of the tools, he's going to have the crap kicked out of him for the foreseeable future. Add to that the fact that he has absolutely no one to throw the ball to. We see what that situation did to David Carr's career.

Ireland is more maddening by the second. Amazing that a guy complains about having only 3s, 4s, and 5s at wide receiver when he gave away Marshall for nothing.

Re Philbin: however good he might be, as the saying goes, you can't make chicken salad out of chickensh!t.

And another Phins high draft pick, Vontae Davis, bites the dust. In the typical Jeff Ireland tradition of buying high and selling low we get a second round pick, which I'm sure will add to the list of successful second round picks that include Chad Henne, Phillip Merling, Pat White and Daniel Thomas.

This franchise is such a joke. The Ireland and Parcells brain trust has completely wasted the past five years. It's like being stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel behind a jack-knifed tractor trailer. I'd say we have at least five years of Browns like futility before seeing the light of day.

My other prediction is that Tannehill will be cut or traded for a fourth round draft pick after next season.

• 2 weeks later...

The on-the-field results were somewhat expected, albeit sad that Tannehill struggled so much. On the plus side, we did a good job holding their running game to under 100 yards...our defense still looks legit enough, but they're not going to win games for us.

In off-the-field news, Ireland may be in serious trouble if this team belly-flops.

The on-the-field results were somewhat expected, albeit sad that Tannehill struggled so much. On the plus side, we did a good job holding their running game to under 100 yards...our defense still looks legit enough, but they're not going to win games for us.

In off-the-field news, Ireland may be in serious trouble if this team belly-flops.

As it stands now, firing Ireland is besides the point. The team is bad now, and lacks the talent to see any significant improvement in the near future. If you do bring in a new GM, whoever it is, unless he's extremely ballsy, has to let Tannehill play for at least another year. So you might as well let Ireland and Philbin stick around until it's clear that Tannehill is a bust (which I predict he will be). Unfortunately, most QBs are given two or three years before that decision is made, especially when the QB is a top ten pick. In the meantime, maybe we'll get extremely lucky and hit paydirt with a stud wide receiver like Calvin Johnson and an elite TE. Again, a hope and a prayer is not a good way to run a franchise, but unfortunately that's all the Dolphins have at the moment.

That was as good a day as I've had a fan of this franchise in a long, long time. Reggie Bush is a flat-out stud. I didn't think he was a between-the-tackles, "every down" back, but he's proving me wrong. Tannehill had a decent game. No mistakes and no batted down passes. He's a good game manager right now, which is impressive for a rookie.

I thought Tannehill looked solid inperticular yesterday. 200 yrds, 1 TD, no picks, 60% comp. and a QB rating over 90. If the Dolphins set him up to have those type of numbers every week, they may surprise teams this season. He wasn't "great".. but he was responsible, and that's all they should ask him to be this year.

EDIT: I find it remarkable that Miami has a chance to be first place in the AFC East after next week.

Edited by Beezer34

I thought Tannehill looked solid inperticular yesterday. 200 yrds, 1 TD, no picks, 60% comp. and a QB rating over 90. If the Dolphins set him up to have those type of numbers every week, they may surprise teams this season. He wasn't "great".. but he was responsible, and that's all they should ask him to be this year.

EDIT: I find it remarkable that Miami has a chance to be first place in the AFC East after next week.

Yeah its crazy to think, but there's a realistic chance it could happen with New England having to play at Baltimore this week. I just want to see Tannehill improve a little each week. He's gonna have his bad moments- all rookie QB's (not named RG3) do. But the fact he's able to read defenses as well as he can at this point is very impressive. He's audibiled to the correct play at the line one more than one occasion these first two games. It helps that this is the offense he ran in college too. Its been a while since we've had a meaningful win though, and that one was sweet. I'm savoring it today. Huge game for both the Fins and Jets on Sunday. Can't wait.

Whoever didn't call just to take a knee at the end of half should be fired immediately.

I wonder how far a few extra IQ points on our coaching staff and players could get us.

Dolphins suck.

Or even just put Miller or Thomas in for that run. This is a horrendous football game, both teams are doing their damndest to give it away.

good game! haha...great call by coach regis with the time out

Everything changed when Bush went out. If Bush stays in it's 30-10 Fish. No chance Jets win because they can't stop any elusive backs.

Jets got a lot of 2nd and 3rd chances. Got no pass rush as usual.

Sanchez was running for his life early on. But the jets somehow stemmed the tide a little bit in the 2nd half

I know you guys hate on your receivers. But I'd love Hartline. Gritty player who doesn't give up on his routes (unlike EVERY jet) and doesn't drop the easy ones (unlike EVERY jet) That was a huge clutch catch that should've led to the winning kick

Carpenter is the most overrated kicker in football.

Tannehill should be benched, unless the team does not care about winning football games. He may be the worst QB I've ever seen.

I'll show you a worse QB. The "winning" qb today

Edited by '7'

I was originally going to come in here and bust balls after the game yesterday.. but you guys showed alot, and I really respect your team going forward. Tannehill is a going to be a very good QB. He reads defenses well for such a young QB, and the Jets defense isn't easy to read.

..you guys will be set up nicely over the next 4 years.

Daniel, you're insane if you think Tannehill sucks at this stage. He's doing fine- he's a fvcking rookie with absolute sh!t for weapons. He reads defenses like a veteran and he's played 3 games. He's gonna make mistakes, of course- HE'S A ROOKIE. He had us in position to win the game yesterday and Carpenter fvcking blew it. Tannehill is going to be a good QB. We need WEAPONS. We have none. How you could say he's the worst QB you've ever seen either speaks to the fact that you A) haven't seen many QB's or B) you just haven't watched a lot of football. I don't believe either to be the case, and expect more from your posts than that my friend. Sorry, needed to be said.

I was originally going to come in here and bust balls after the game yesterday.. but you guys showed alot, and I really respect your team going forward. Tannehill is a going to be a very good QB. He reads defenses well for such a young QB, and the Jets defense isn't easy to read.

..you guys will be set up nicely over the next 4 years.

. Thanks Beez, appreciate that. Sorry about Revis.

good game! haha...great call by coach regis with the time out

Everything changed when Bush went out. If Bush stays in it's 30-10 Fish. No chance Jets win because they can't stop any elusive backs.

Jets got a lot of 2nd and 3rd chances. Got no pass rush as usual.

Sanchez was running for his life early on. But the jets somehow stemmed the tide a little bit in the 2nd half

I know you guys hate on your receivers. But I'd love Hartline. Gritty player who doesn't give up on his routes (unlike EVERY jet) and doesn't drop the easy ones (unlike EVERY jet) That was a huge clutch catch that should've led to the winning kick

I'll show you a worse QB. The "winning" qb today

. Hartline and Bess are both money. We need a playmaker on the outside though. If we had a Mike Wallace or a Dwayne Bowe, we'd be dangerous. I believe we will acquire one of those guys this offseason assuming they hit the market.

Daniel, you're insane if you think Tannehill sucks at this stage. He's doing fine- he's a fvcking rookie with absolute sh!t for weapons. He reads defenses like a veteran and he's played 3 games. He's gonna make mistakes, of course- HE'S A ROOKIE. He had us in position to win the game yesterday and Carpenter fvcking blew it. Tannehill is going to be a good QB. We need WEAPONS. We have none. How you could say he's the worst QB you've ever seen either speaks to the fact that you A) haven't seen many QB's or B) you just haven't watched a lot of football. I don't believe either to be the case, and expect more from your posts than that my friend. Sorry, needed to be said.

True, he's not worse than Pat White, who is actually the worst QB I've ever seen. So that was an overstatement in the heat of the moment.

Still, I've always hated Tannehill, and these first three games have done nothing to change my mind. Chad Henne showed more promise in his first few games.

Question, does the guy give you any confidence when he takes the field? Yeah, he's only played three games, but these days, more is expected from rookie QBs. The fact that he went into the season familiar with Sherman's offense, gives him less of an excuse. Also, unlike other first year QBs he actually has a decent offensive line and a stable of good running backs to help take the load off. My prediction is that he'll throw for less than 10 TD passes this year. 15 would be a miracle.

If Matt Moore is playing, the Dolphins would have won that game. The fact that it's Tannehill shows me the Dolphins staff has less of an interest in actually winning games, than trying to justify a reach in drafting him in the first place.

True, he's not worse than Pat White, who is actually the worst QB I've ever seen. So that was an overstatement in the heat of the moment.

Still, I've always hated Tannehill, and these first three games have done nothing to change my mind. Chad Henne showed more promise in his first few games.

Question, does the guy give you any confidence when he takes the field? Yeah, he's only played three games, but these days, more is expected from rookie QBs. The fact that he went into the season familiar with Sherman's offense, gives him less of an excuse. Also, unlike other first year QBs he actually has a decent offensive line and a stable of good running backs to help take the load off. My prediction is that he'll throw for less than 10 TD passes this year. 15 would be a miracle.

If Matt Moore is playing, the Dolphins would have won that game. The fact that it's Tannehill shows me the Dolphins staff has less of an interest in actually winning games, than trying to justify a reach in drafting him in the first place.

. I couldn't disagree with you more. Henne was a fvcking moron. Henne couldn't read a defense for sh!t. Henne had a big arm and that's it. He made the same dumb mistakes over and over and over. AND he had Brandon Marshall. Who does Tannehill have? Hartline? Bess? Nice players, but not gamebreakers by any stretch. Tannehill has shown more promise in 3 games with the sh!tshow talent around him than Henne did in 3 years. When was the last time you saw Henne walk to the line of scrimmage, read the defense, change the play, and get a positive result? I'll tell you when- never, because it never happened. Tannehill has done that at least once in every game he's played. Your expectations are unreasonably ridiculous if you expect this kid to play like fvcking RG3. The only guy who's done what RG3 is doing as a rookie QB is RG fvcking 3 bro. Just relax about Tannehill. He's gonna be a good one, I'm telling you. But we'll have to agree to disagree right now. You can tell me I was right in about 2 years.

For all the sh!t Matt Moore gets he's really not that bad. I probably would've let him start a little more than half the season and see where you stood by then. By starting Tannehill right away you basically box yourself in with him as your QB no matter what (the Seahawks did the same thing with Russell Wilson). This is not a negative thing on Tannehill or Wilson either -- maybe both players really are better than QB's behind them right now -- but I don't see the need to hurry them into the starting role like they did. If they play poorly, you're basically stuck and if you go to the bench it's going to reflect poorly on the situation and maybe hurt the rookie QB's confidence.

. I couldn't disagree with you more. Henne was a fvcking moron. Henne couldn't read a defense for sh!t. Henne had a big arm and that's it. He made the same dumb mistakes over and over and over. AND he had Brandon Marshall. Who does Tannehill have? Hartline? Bess? Nice players, but not gamebreakers by any stretch. Tannehill has shown more promise in 3 games with the sh!tshow talent around him than Henne did in 3 years. When was the last time you saw Henne walk to the line of scrimmage, read the defense, change the play, and get a positive result? I'll tell you when- never, because it never happened. Tannehill has done that at least once in every game he's played. Your expectations are unreasonably ridiculous if you expect this kid to play like fvcking RG3. The only guy who's done what RG3 is doing as a rookie QB is RG fvcking 3 bro. Just relax about Tannehill. He's gonna be a good one, I'm telling you. But we'll have to agree to disagree right now. You can tell me I was right in about 2 years.

One thing I'll say, is that he should do a lot more playaction. The few times I recall seeing him do it, they actually got some decent yardage. This is especially the case when everyone expects you to run the ball all the time.

Otherwise, I'll be fine knowing I was wrong in two years. I doubt I will be though.