Backup Goaltender for Next Season - SCOTT CLEMMENSEN signed

Neb00rs

Yes please.

Agreed.  I think he can still play 20 games in this league.  He's been such an under the radar guy for so many years, never considered elite, but never has a really poor save %.  Oh, and don't forget, Czech Nation aka New Jersey.

Edited by RizzMB30

Didn't Vokoun had a shaky relationship with Deboer? Or am I thinking it was Clemmensen.

He'd be a freaking backup.  I don't care what kind of a relationship he has/had with Deboer.  "You're a backup! Keep the bench warm unless the starter goes down and don't cause trouble in the locker room." 

He'd be a freaking backup. I don't care what kind of a relationship he has/had with Deboer. "You're a backup! Keep the bench warm unless the starter goes down and don't cause trouble in the locker room."

Yes, this is EXACTLY how that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That is EXACTLY how Hedberg was.  Probably the most team-friendly backup you could have in the room.  He played phenomenal when he was needed until he flopped bad when Marty went down in '13.   Once your play goes down the drain, it doesn't matter if you help disadvantaged kids in the offseason or work in soup kitchens in your free time. 

Edited by RizzMB30

No more than you are. Is there an argument in that insult?

I don't need to argue with anyone that truly believes that a coach goes to the goaltender on their team and says shut up and sit on the bench, of course unless I need you. Also, do not throw any keggers on nights before games or bang Mrs. Elias.

I can't even begin to argue with this.

I really think this is how it works. Whoever comes to NJ, it will be clear they are a backup to Schneider. Past beef or not, that player will be signing knowing exactly the expectations. As a backup, you keep quiet, work hard and be ready to go when your name is called.

Problems arise when there are no clear roles and a coach goes game to game. Kind of like this past year in NJ.

I don't need to argue with anyone that truly believes that a coach goes to the goaltender on their team and says shut up and sit on the bench, of course unless I need you. Also, do not throw any keggers on nights before games or bang Mrs. Elias.

I can't even begin to argue with this.

I'm not being completely literal, just like your quoted post isn't entirely serious.  I'm saying that in a nutshell, that is the backups role and mentality. 

I'm not being completely literal, just like your quoted post isn't entirely serious. I'm saying that in a nutshell, that is the backups role and mentality.

Yes, but you were addressing Zubie saying Pete had already existing issues with Vokoun and you said to tell him to just sit down and do the job. Maybe in 1978, but this isn't how successful people do things in today's world.

I still think Vokoun should be a starter somewhere. With the number of back to backs we have I would be very happy to see him in NJ. Although if there are any issues with the coach, then I would pass. Last thing this team needs.

A professional true back up does not need to be reminded of what his position entails. They get it. It's always the former starters that you have to have this conversation with and even then (Brodeur anyone?) it takes time to "house train" them.

Yes, but you were addressing Zubie saying Pete had already existing issues with Vokoun and you said to tell him to just sit down and do the job. Maybe in 1978, but this isn't how successful people do things in today's world.

I still think Vokoun should be a starter somewhere. With the number of back to backs we have I would be very happy to see him in NJ. Although if there are any issues with the coach, then I would pass. Last thing this team needs.

A professional true back up does not need to be reminded of what his position entails. They get it. It's always the former starters that you have to have this conversation with and even then (Brodeur anyone?) it takes time to "house train" them.

He's an old veteran, he knows what his role would be, similar to Hedberg and that was I was implying.  And Vokoun? A starter?! Name one team where he would be considered a starter where he could play more than 40 games.  There isn't a starting job on the market right now really. 

No one thinks that except Leafs fans.

Not true. Habs fans are as bad if not worse for players that came up in that area. And the WCF fans did the same before the Flames and Oilers became terrible that they then joked that even those players would stay away. Edited by coldply123

Updated (Gustavsson and McElhinney are gone)

Keith Kinkaid - Albany
Chad Johnson - UFA (the Bruins give any goalie a boost but he's been really solid)
Giguere - UFA
Viktor Fasth - 1 year left (trade possibility)
Jhonas Enroth - 1 year left (but there's an overflow of goalies in Buffalo)
Thomas Greiss - UFA
Joey MacDonald - UFA (not an exciting choice)
Al Montoya - UFA
Justin Peters - UFA
Darcy Kuemper - RFA  (but there's an overflow of goalies in Minnesota)

Edited by Neb00rs