Ponikarovsky to NJ

Triumph

I'd like to think this is a precursor to a bigger move for D depth pushing Teddy out

Poni was horrible here in LA.

6'4 but sift as charmin, reminds me of Steckle - doen't use his size.

Also rumored to have attitude issues - but Lou doesn't usually bring in guys like that.

More apathetic then anything.

We'll see - good depth move for now.

Edited by DevilinLA

What is this the third or fourth Ukrainian to be on the team? Vishnevski and Tverdovsky are the only two that I can remember being Ukrainian.

49 games this season with 15 points. -12. 2 points in last 5 games.

Edited by Quinn01

Yeah, but I kinda fear Zajac will be on the shelf for longer than the team's letting on. I want to say shut him down until April, allow him to rest and rehab, use the reg season games in April to get in shape for the playoffs and have him 100% for it.

Problem is that it can take him 30-40 games to get back into gear, as we saw with Parise (who is still not at 100% if you ask me). If you wait until April, Zajac probably won't be anywhere near prime condition for the playoffs. Devils need to play him as soon as he's pain-free and hope he stays that way.

Part of a trade would be my guess (after being sent back to Albany?), but probably not for a defenseman.

Any defenseman that's affordable would be redundant with players that the Devils already have.

I dont see Tedenby being sent packing after last year and having a doof of a year this year. Who knows I guess but I dont think it would happen.

well he likes coca cola classic, porsche, jennifer anniston and big macs :giggle:

If I didnt know better, Id say hes American through and through.

Edited by Quinn01

Curious question: Anybody have an idea of what amount of dollar cap hit we could add as of today without a trade?

CapGeek says $6,950,450

Curious question: Anybody have an idea of what amount of dollar cap hit we could add as of today without a trade?

as of today? i think like $6M counting the poni deal. i think it's $13M by the deadline. but i don't think it matters, since I think NJ is done making moves.

Edited by Triumph

I don't know how credible this dude is but, here via Twitter:

@HockeyyInsiderr https://twitter.com/#!/HockeyyInsiderr

Hockeyy Insiderr

The #NJDevils are looking to get a bunch of interesting pieces (top 6 forward, roster d-man, top prospect, pick) and unload Kovy's contract.

Sounds like a blogger looking to make a name for himself.. Probably touches himself while reading Ecklund's BS

You guys think poni plays tomorrow?

I don't see why not (unless he can't get here for some reason... dare I mention *ahem* snow?)

Problem is that it can take him 30-40 games to get back into gear, as we saw with Parise (who is still not at 100% if you ask me). If you wait until April, Zajac probably won't be anywhere near prime condition for the playoffs. Devils need to play him as soon as he's pain-free and hope he stays that way.

I agree with both statements about Zach, and Zajac. Zachs injury isn't something you come back to 100% at right away. I've had the same injury and I expect him to come back next year (hopefully w/ NJ) and have even more of an impact because that's when he will feel at his best.

The whole thing about Zajac can probably be said about Tallander too. Both of them probably won't be themselves for the playoffs.

as of today? i think like $6M counting the poni deal. i think it's $13M by the deadline. but i don't think it matters, since I think NJ is done making moves.

CapGeek says $13,553,378, but subtract $1.5 from that...

I think you're probably right about no more trades though. Unless someone calls up Lou and offers up a sweetheart, of course. You never know (although, since the cap came into effect, the boneheaded trades are pretty much gone).