Clemens back with Yankees

Vinnie

They played it enough. :lol:

I think she just loves Rocket cause she used to be a Sahhhx fan.

I also believe what the Yanks did was bush league. How they can go so low during a game no less is just sad. To think what this franchise once stood for.

It's really hard to see what they have turned into. I've seen this circus act before.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played it enough. :lol:

I think she just loves Rocket cause she used to be a Sahhhx fan.

I also believe what the Yanks did was bush league. How they can go so low during a game no less is just sad. To think what this franchise once stood for.

It's really hard to see what they have turned into. I've seen this circus act before.

Unless they eventually have a salary cap, the Yanks are doing nothing wrong. You can't expect Steinbrenner to go, "Oh we have the money to sign this guy, but we're not going to because we're going to give all our opponents a fair chance."

...but then you cant have it both ways and be mad when its insinuated that you've bought yet another world series cause, - it will forever come up when they have a $200 million + team salary :rolleyes:

...but then you cant have it both ways and be mad when its insinuated that you've bought yet another world series cause, - it will forever come up when they have a $200 million + team salary :rolleyes:

Well people bring that up as if they are doing something wrong, I'm saying there is nothing wrong with them "buying" championships because it is allowed and any team would do the same if they had the money.

Really, you can't fault an owner for spending money on his team. Just because the other owners in the league are too greedy or handcuffed by lackluster fan support for their teams to spend that money isn't any problem of the Yankees.

What's your solution. Go back to the days before free agency existed? The Mets would still be second fiddle. Even our farm system is better.

And during his stint with the club the first time around, Roger was the de facto pitching coach, and even performed in that function with the Blue Jays (ask Roy Halladay). Considering the Yankees have a number of young pitchers on the cusp of making a real impact at the major league level over the next two years, it's not out of the question that he could end up helping the minor leaguers significantly.

I guess I'd be pretty tired of my team always ending up playing the deformed little brother to the rich, popular, intelligent and attractive Yankees, so I can't really fault you for getting so upset. Maybe one day the Mets can have a nice car and attractive girlfriend (in this case, a world series title) too.

The Mets would still be second fiddle. Even our farm system is better.

I guess I'd be pretty tired of my team always ending up playing the deformed little brother to the rich, popular, intelligent and attractive Yankees, so I can't really fault you for getting so upset. Maybe one day the Mets can have a nice car and attractive girlfriend (in this case, a world series title) too.

nice analogy - so you do admit you've bought your fair share of pennants and world series..thats all I wanted... :rolleyes:

but what about the Pride and Traditon answer ? cause really, the yankees really look bad on that one... no use closing the barn door now..

yeah like that time they bought babe ruth outright from the red sox

gimme a break derek

You want to use that Tri but it's a different set of circumstances. What's Clemens going to say when he realizes the truth? That this team just isn't that good.

• 3 weeks later...

God. This Yankee team blows.

A 4-run lead and in typical fashion, they blow it up in one inning. It also goes to show that the Red Sox are the polar opposite and are clutch. Their starter gives up 3 in the top half and what do they do? Rally for 5 in large part due to Abreu, by far the most overrated player in baseball. He can't even handle a routine line drive.

I got to say the Fenway chant during that inning of "Where is Roger" was classic. :lol:

He must be so glad he returned to this chaotic team.

I don't think this was what he had in mind Diablo even with the ridiculous amount he'll get.

Pitching in potential meaningless games in late August and September is not part of the plan.