Ayrton Senna da Siva

#422 TheParallax

TheParallax

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I would see Tool again any time...
and ill be at the Roseland Opeth/Mastodon show (cannot wait) ive seen Opeth twice before (One was a chronology of all of Opeths music in 2 hours) and again last september where they did acoustic stuff

im looking forward to seeing Mastodon

I would have gone to Roseland, but I'm going with my Tattoo Artist, who is in PA... so its kinda 50/50... Im REALLY excited to see Opeth as I've not seen them before, and theyve been on heavy rotation in my playlist recently. This will be the 2nd time I've seen Mastodon.. The first was at Starland Ballroom with Between The Buried And Me about 2 years ago... Musically they were on point... Vocally they had a bit to be desired.. Although that could have been the Crack The Skye material.. I think The Hunter will translate into a better live show.

Speaking of BTBAM, THAT is an absolute insane show.. (Ive seen them twice)

#423 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

I would have gone to Roseland, but I'm going with my Tattoo Artist, who is in PA... so its kinda 50/50... Im REALLY excited to see Opeth as I've not seen them before, and theyve been on heavy rotation in my playlist recently.

Opeth is absolutely SICK live... Mikael Akerfeldt sounds JUST as good as the albums live, no joke.
hes also a real funny dude on stage, loves to mess with the audience and random people he sees... if you yell things out, he usually responds with something witty or funny
POTATO!!!

#424 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Van Halen twice at the Garden next week. I can't wait.

#425 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't know if anyone else here is/was a Van Halen fan. But I have to say that they kicked ass both last night and Tuesday night at MSG. Eddie Van Halen showed why he is still the greatest living rock guitarist in the world, even after all these years. And it is so exciting to see David Lee Roth back where he belongs, on stage fronting VH. He is the ultimate hard rock showman. Good times.

Edited by 95Crash, 02 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#426 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

For those of you that like Ska or Streetlight Manifesto, Toh Kay is going on another solo tour with Dan P and will be in NYC april 25 and 26th. Ill be at one of those shows. I went last time to Joes Pub which is a fantastic place for small sets (seat about 50 people if that. Toh Kay was awesome. If you are a ska fan or a Streetlight Fan you can not miss this show. Seriously.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#427 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

For those of you that like Ska or Streetlight Manifesto, Toh Kay is going on another solo tour with Dan P and will be in NYC april 25 and 26th. Ill be at one of those shows. I went last time to Joes Pub which is a fantastic place for small sets (seat about 50 people if that. Toh Kay was awesome. If you are a ska fan or a Streetlight Fan you can not miss this show. Seriously.

woah woah.. i may have to go to this, im a HUGE streetlight fan... and i heard about this in the past (from guys here and other places) def interested
POTATO!!!

#428 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

.. I posted in the wrong thread earlier but...

RADIOHEAD!! Playing 2 nights at the rock. I hope they have some sort of pre-sale. If anyone here is a season ticket holder and gets advanced offer to buy tickets, and would like to help out a fan; I'd be extremely appreciative!
Posted Image

#429 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

woah woah.. i may have to go to this, im a HUGE streetlight fan... and i heard about this in the past (from guys here and other places) def interested

Yeah man. I went to his last solo show in the city last year and it was hands down the best show I have ever been to. Tickets are only 12 dollars (15 after surcharges and crap) so its worth it. I got tickets to the Thursday show right on the stage. I am pretty excited about it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#430 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I'm so stoked for Radiohead. 3 shows in NJ, 2 at the Rock. I really hope I can snag some tickets.

#431 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

I saw Jane's Addiction last night in Montclair. Very nice!
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#432 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm so stoked for Radiohead. 3 shows in NJ, 2 at the Rock. I really hope I can snag some tickets.

$82 after ticketbastard fees for the Prudential Center shows. Oof. I really want to go, but it's hard to justify that kind of money, unless I can get on the floor...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#433 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

$82 after ticketbastard fees for the Prudential Center shows. Oof. I really want to go, but it's hard to justify that kind of money, unless I can get on the floor...

It may sound a bit crazy but I could justify up to $250 for floor tickets for Radiohead. I saw them a few years ago and completely blew me away, by far the best live band I've ever seen AINEC.

There is a presale on radiohead's website today. They put the tickets on sale at a random time so scalpers and bots don't eat them up immediately.
Posted Image

#434 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Speaking of scalpers and bots, Iron Maiden did something interesting recently to combat that. For the current tour, which includes a stop at the Rock, they issued paperless tickets. You still buy them on Ticketmaster, but when you go to the concert, you have to show a vaild ID and the original credit card that you used to pay for the tickets, in order to get in.

#435 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Was anybody able to get Radiohead pre-sale tickets? I wasn't. :-(
Posted Image

#436 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Speaking of scalpers and bots, Iron Maiden did something interesting recently to combat that. For the current tour, which includes a stop at the Rock, they issued paperless tickets. You still buy them on Ticketmaster, but when you go to the concert, you have to show a vaild ID and the original credit card that you used to pay for the tickets, in order to get in.

If I can get on the floor (and be sure I'd be there early enough to get up close) I could justify a lot. But every ticket costs the same, whether you're on the floor or in 215. I can't justify $80 to sit that far away when I know the first row paid the same...

That said, it doesn't matter much anyway, I missed the pre-sale and will probably miss the public onsale. Damn.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#437 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

THE BLACK KEYS TONIGHT AT MSG!!!!!

Been looking forward to this for a long time.

Find me somewhere in the GA section!
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#438 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

The Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys were incredible!!! The show at MSG was absolutely awesome.

I encourage anyone to get tix for the 3/22 at MSG if possible.

Here are some videos I took:

The Black Keys - 'Your Touch'

Encore:

The Black Keys - 'Everlasting Light' (encore)
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#439 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

• Everclear
  • Gin Blossoms
  • Lit
  • Sugar Ray
  • Marcy Playground...
  • all on July 18th... so 90s, so awesome haha

POTATO!!!

#440 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

• Everclear
  • Gin Blossoms
  • Lit
  • Sugar Ray
  • Marcy Playground...
  • all on July 18th... so 90s, so awesome haha

I think I require some more info on this one. Sounds right up my alley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users