All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

Only player I want right now is Pominville. Plays in any situation, good leadership. It would probably take that 1st rounder to get him plus a roster player.

re: zid NTC - i don't believe it exists anymore. if it's like the vishnovski NTC, when he waived it to go from EDM to ANA, it went away. that's how they dealt him to the Isles. He fought that and lost.

Wow never knew that.

I really hope Lou doesn't move that 1st. Might actually be a mid-rounder this year, makes no sense to move it. Unless it's for a Vanek-caliber player, which I don't see happening.

He's also a 36 y/o UFA, and has no future with this team. If he can be moved it's a no-brainer to me.

And then next year when we still can't score enough, what will be your solution then?

Devils PR team have no clue on how to market and run their own events so this is not surprising.

The usual response from them is they wait and see after practice or something along those lines.

Lol

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m

Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

Edited by Zubie#8

And then next year when we still can't score enough, what will be your solution then?

I think this question is largely irrelevant regarding Zidlicky, because I don't think the Devils would resign him anyway.  You're also assuming he doesn't go through a decline in production at 37 years old.

I honestly think you're overvaluing what he brings to the team.  I know he's the PMD savior that fans on this forum have been longing for since Nieds left, but come on.

Edited by Devilsfan118

The usual response from them is they wait and see after practice or something along those lines.

Lol

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m

Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

So why is Todd Cordell, a supposed devils beat writer asking the Devils PR knowing this? I am following him on twitter and I swear he is worse at reporting than the NY Post writers Edited by DevsMan84

I wouldn't mind Zidlicky getting moved for a better piece on offense. From what I can tell, he's not an important presence in the locker room. He's not one of our more solid D-men. He takes a ton of penalties in a year where our penalty kill isn't all that great. He's 36 years old, and his contract's almost up; he's only been here for year so it's not like we'll be upset if he's gone. If moving him can make our offense better, do it.

I think this question is largely irrelevant regarding Zidlicky, because I don't think the Devils would resign him anyway.  You're also assuming he doesn't go through a decline in production at 37 years old.

I honestly think you're overvaluing what he brings to the team.  I know he's the PMD savior that fans on this forum have been longing for since Nieds left, but come on.

So lets say we can resign him for $3-3.5M for 1-2 years, would you sign him? I would. He's slightly overpriced right now, not by much, but a little. For us, that's an acceptable overpayment for a product we've been trying hard to find, so if we could sign him for a bit less, it's even better to me. Then he can help next couple years to teach the young guys a few things that no one else on our D can do.

So why is Todd Cordell, a supposed devils beat writer asking the Devils PR knowing this? I am following him on twitter and I swear he is worse at reporting than the NY Post writers

Todd Cordell's a blogger, not a beat writer. He actually has GREAT analysis and insight; as for "news", he kind of deflects what's already been reported, which is okay. But yeah, he has a great handle on stats and our prospects.

Todd Cordell's a blogger, not a beat writer. He actually has GREAT analysis and insight; as for "news", he kind of deflects what's already been reported, which is okay. But yeah, he has a great handle on stats and our prospects.

His analysis is average at best and insight is nothing except stuff that has already been repeated or reported before.

His analysis is average at best and insight is nothing except stuff that has already been repeated or reported before.

haha No one's forcing you to follow him, man. But regardless, I like what he brings to the table regarding our prospects (who I otherwise don't see being reported about anywhere), and odds and ends stats he seems to find. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe I don't follow the right people?

haha No one's forcing you to follow him, man. But regardless, I like what he brings to the table regarding our prospects (who I otherwise don't see being reported about anywhere), and odds and ends stats he seems to find. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe I don't follow the right people?

Once in a while he gets on to something, but then again even broken clocks are right twice a day.

We also have a prospect thread here in this forums that is just as good