NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

BALANCE wins championships....you need to be able to run, pass, play special teams and defend all of the above....the Pats while 18-0 had a weakness and the Giants cashed it in on them....the Steelers had a weak O-Line, Green Bay attacked it and won the Super Bowl....hell look at the Packer roster NOW...name me the weakness??

You can't!! This is what makes them so damn good, coaches and players are so smart and play and teach on such a high level you really need to be a well balanced team that can play and defend in any situation to be successful, and this is why some teams get close to the dance and can't get over the hump (yes you San Diego :P, there's some other teams that fit that mold too....Houston, I can go on.....)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think wat cr was saying is theres a dif between "no show" and "choke"

Oh I'm sure it is. That's 90% of his posts. Mindless bickering on verbiage and semantics. Not to mention the fact that he needs to have the "last word" like my 3 year old. (don't believe me, just watch ;) ) This is why you will rarely, if ever, see me respond directly to him.. despite the fact that he's obsessed with me. (although it is flattering, I must admit :wub: ) If only we had the time throughout the duration of the day to respond to everyone within 4 minutes, life would be glorious.

But alas.. who am I to joust with the battalion of cosh, masked, 40 year-olds.

-----------------------------------------------

Back on point, NO.. the New England Patriots don't get brownie points for the last 5 years --other than-– being recognized for having staggering regular season stats.. only to choke royally come playoff time.

If they were a team that hadn't had the propensity of putting up such monster seasons, then maybe they would get a pass. But it is BECAUSE of those statistics, that they do not!

Since 2006, their overall regular season record is 64-17! :blink: Meanwhile, they have a sub'par .500 record come playoff time. Thus, it is due to that disparity that causes their statistical achievements throughout the regular season to be undermined.. and why the focus is only directed towards the post-season.

Do the 1990, 1991, 1992, & 1993 Buffalo Bills get heralded praise and recognition for achieving 4 consecutive Conference Championships? Or are they simply remembered as choke-artists in NFL history?

Or, here.. let's put it this way. --If you were to ask Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, or anyone else that has been apart of the New England Patriot organization since 2006, *how they felt about the last 5 years?* Do you think they would say things like; "well, we did go to that AFC Championship in 2006" -or- "How bout that 11-5 year without Brady." ????

Or, here.. let's put it this way. --If you were to ask Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, or anyone else that has been apart of the New England Patriot organization since 2006, *how they felt about the last 5 years?* Do you think they would say things like; "well, we did go to that AFC Championship in 2006" -or- "How bout that 11-5 year without Brady." ????

I think they'd say "We've had a lot of success and accomplished a lot of things. We overcame huge hurdles and have maintained our status as one of the better teams in the league, we just need to put the finish to & get that SuperBowl ring."

BTW beezer, no offense on that duhhhh thing, I hadn't even read your posts to that point, I just thought CR made a funny comment there.

I think they'd say "We've had a lot of success and accomplished a lot of things. We overcame huge hurdles and have maintained our status as one of the better teams in the league, we just need to put the finish to & get that SuperBowl ring."

Hmmm, yeah maybe.

Somehow I think it would read more like; "We need to win Championship" -- "There was nothing more heartbreaking than 2007" -- "We have something to prove"

--stuff like that.

Edited by Beezer34

Oh I'm sure it is. That's 90% of his posts. Mindless bickering on verbiage and semantics. Not to mention the fact that he needs to have the "last word" like my 3 year old. (don't believe me, just watch ;) ) This is why you will rarely, if ever, see me respond directly to him.. despite the fact that he's obsessed with me. (although it is flattering, I must admit :wub: ) If only we had the time throughout the duration of the day to respond to everyone within 4 minutes, life would be glorious.

But alas.. who am I to joust with the battalion of cosh, masked, 40 year-olds.

I've got almost 4000 posts on here, and you've read 90% of them...who's obsessed with who here?

I'm hardly obsessed with you Beez, but this is how you roll. You make blanket statements with nothing to back them up that can be picked apart very easily...so when I do so, right away it's mindless bickering, me trying to get the last word in, blah blah blah. Yes, I take you to task on the dumb things you say and will continue to as I see fit...these are discussion threads, are they not? At least I try to present my arguments and counters with facts and legitimate points, as opposed to "duuuuuhhhhhh" bluster.

Back on point, NO.. the New England Patriots don't get brownie points for the last 5 years --other than-– being recognized for having staggering regular season stats.. only to choke royally come playoff time.

If they were a team that hadn't had the propensity of putting up such monster seasons, then maybe they would get a pass. But it is BECAUSE of those statistics, that they do not!

Since 2006, their overall regular season record is 64-17! :blink: Meanwhile, they have a sub'par .500 record come playoff time. Thus, it is due to that disparity that causes their statistical achievements throughout the regular season to be undermined.. and why the focus is only directed towards the post-season.

Do the 1990, 1991, 1992, & 1993 Buffalo Bills get heralded praise and recognition for achieving 4 consecutive Conference Championships? Or are they simply remembered as choke-artists in NFL history?

well said

... The New York Jets have brought in Tully Banta-Cain for a look! :D

puke.gif that's not good. Helluva LB and pass rusher. This would NOT make me happy at all.

Guess it's only fair though considering Shaun Ellis and all.

Edited by Masked Fan

This just in..

"They won a bunch of games during those times, when they were allegedly.. well, you know. (laughs) They won a bunch of games." --Derrick Mason

http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/derrick-mason-alludes-to-spygate-when-asked-about-bill-belichicks-smack-talk.html :giggle:

----------

EDIT: I don't know. I still think what T'Sizzle said last year, put it best.

"It must be bittersweet. They (the Patriots) are a good team, but their championships are fake." --Terrell Suggs

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/terrell-suggs-calls-patriots-championships-fake-in-comparing-team-to-movie-bring-it-on.html

Edited by Beezer34

EDIT: I don't know. I still think what T'Sizzle said last year, put it best.

"It must be bittersweet. They (the Patriots) are a good team, but their championships are fake. " --Terrell Suggs

blink.gif In your opinion, what makes their championships fake?? huh.gif

Actually, if Suggs has any championship hardware, that would be fake. laugh.gif

Beez is just being Beez. Most football fans moved past the whole Spygate thing a long time ago. No titles were stripped and no rings were taken away. That being said, some will never forget it, and others will act like no one else in the history of the NFL ever tried to steal the oppositions' signals. It is what it is.

..nah, I'm just busting balls.

It is interesting though that the NFL players won't drop it. I know many of the New England Faithful like to chalk it up to: "stupid Patriot hating fans" ..but it obviously still weighs heavily on the minds of some of the players in the league.

whenwill ppl let it go?!

*ANSWER: When the Patriots win a Superbowl in the POST spygate era. Until then, as you can see, 5 years later.. people haven't forgotten.

FIXED FOR ACCURACY

..nah, I'm just busting balls.

It is interesting though that two NFL players (one from last season, one from this) won't drop it. I know many of the New England Faithful like to chalk it up to: "stupid Patriot hating fans" ..but it obviously still weighs heavily on the minds of two quoted players in the league.

*ANSWER: When the Patriots win a Superbowl in the POST spygate era. Until then, as you can see, 5 years later.. I haven't forgotten.

Amazing how accuracy can kill the impact of an observation.

But I'm sure there are other players who feel the same. How many? Who knows. It will never go away entirely.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Accuracy to what?

..the 2 links which I provided clearly show the quotes are from; "two players.. one from last season, one from this season." So how did your alteration(s) impact the significance of what I said?

In fact, other than, *semantical verbiage.. *last word nonsense.. and *obsession w/Beezer.. what exactally did your post provide?

You said; "I'm sure there are other players who feel the same" --which.. is.. what.. I.. said.. :unsure:

Edited by Beezer34

re: Suggs -True, until this year's Super Bowl.

Anyone using the irrelevant "spygate" as justification for putting down one of the best organization's in pro sports is just fooling themselves. Teams do many things that aren't publicized in the name of being competitive. The Patriots still made the plays on the field when it counted.

To me they are one of the last remaining dynasty's in sports. Great team, great coaching, great QB.

Edited by MantaRay

Where is Week 2, Crasher?! This is unacceptable. We should let Manta create the threads. :P

I fell asleep early last night...sorry :P

I'm formatting it now!

Besides...far be it for me to interrupt the little pissing match going on in here B )

• 3 weeks later...

First of many!

Dead-Dolphins-Jask-PersianGulf1.jpg

I'm not a Dolphins fan by any stretch, but even I'm starting to feel bad for their fans, with that mongoloid clown as a head coach.

The Miami Dolphins have had just 1 winning season since 2006. Now, they are 0-4, and have lost 9 out of their last 10 regular season games

Posted; 7/22/13 @ 9:21pm EST

"I'm being told that there are weak rumors coming out of New Jersey that Lou is trying to pull off a blockbuster transaction for Joe Thorton." (possibly why the Jagr deal is being delayed)

This is the 4th season under "Field Goal Fist Pumping" Sparano.. and can someone please tell me, how this man is still employed? http://njdevs.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/unsure.gif

Edited by Beezer34