Devils sign Ian Moran...

voxangelikus

I was looking on Yahoo! Sports this morning (not the most reliable source for NHL info), and noticed this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1290

Well, actually, I noticed in the Transaction section that the Devils signed Ian Moran. Did this happen a long time ago and I just didn't notice? Or is this recent? Or is Yahoo! wrong? I keep up with the Devils' signings, and would like to think that I didn't miss something as notable as our acquiring a new defenseman.

yeah... hes going to be used in a big trade soon... i can smell it... Niedermayer hopefully... i heard he may want to come back and retire in NJ... that would be nice

Citing another forum is hardly substantiating a rumor. Besides, Nieds is on contract with the Ducks until he retires they aren't gonna trade a Cup star.

Yeah youd have to be some kind of an idiot to let a player of his caliber walk on you.....

Moran will be playing in Lowell, but if a Dman goes down, I hope they bring Moran up before Oduya. Moran is a veteran and could show some leadership here.

I'd easily take Oduya over Moran. Moran really is a utility man at best and hasn't seen legitimate NHL time in nearly five years. Yes, he will be playing in Lowell, and I like it that way -- if we have a emergency, then by all means call Ian or Jean-Luc up, but other than that, they both will stay in Lowell and actually give a bit of leadership and depth to a severely depleted AHL team.

I really liked McGillis, though. I thought he was one of the Devils' better signings in... well, I'd say easily in the last 5 years or so!

:rolleyes: