Who should we sign? Walk? Bring up?

Par9

It is dead in here. Sadly the playoffs are only in the 2nd round and in game 1. So for some discussion what is everybody's thoughts on who we should sign to fill holes, let walk, or bring up. Give two lists, no Kovy or no Martin.

If Kovy walks but Martin stays I would get Nieds for one more year to close his career out as a Devil and trade for Kaberle. I would then try to get a solid 2nd line center(Plekanec)and a decent not old 3rd line center. Basically I would let all UFA's walk except Clarkson(if cap allows) and bring up some rookie(Corrente, Eckford, or Fraser.) Buyout Pando trade Salvs & Langs.

If Kovy stays and Martin leaves I would go for Nieds, trade for Kaberle and get a guy like Sutton. Then get a guy like Lombardi, Mueller, etc. for the center position that won't cost a lot. Let all all UFA's walk except McAmmond to play 3rd line center and bring up a rookie defender. Trade Salvs and Langs and buyout Pando.

For all of them I want guys like Halichuk, Palmieri, Vasynouv(sp), etc getting a chance to play with the big club.

So cap aside what are your general thoughts on who you want. Just some off season discussion.

I think people have to stop thinking that we can trade for Kaberle. It's not going to happen. We can't give up anymore prospects as we gave up a very good one in Cormier. Either Martin will stay and the defense will probably be set between the guys we have now and the youngins, or Martin will walk and Lou will probably make a run at one of the UFA guys. I highly doubt there will be any trades.

So cap aside what are your general thoughts on who you want. Just some off season discussion.

Meh. This couldn't be added to the other 50 how to fix the team threads?

No cap? I think this is a critical portion of any discussion. Otherwise we could just list an all star team.

Since this has no basis in reality then is it ok to field my team from a list of dead Hall of Famers?

Thank you, thank you very much for coming out of your "FINE OMG I WONT POST HERE ANY MORE" shell to give us no new thoughts or interesting information. This is probably the 38th offseason thread, the only difference? the previous 37 actually brought about discussion. You just have a compulsive desire to post threads that literally spark no interest.

You truly are the worst poster that I've ever seen... and I've lived through TrentonDevils, TravisZajac, LucifersDog, and Matteau#32. Congrats.

Thank you for showing us all again what an ass you can be. You said that you'll donate 10 bucks to this site for someone not to post. I'll donate $50 bucks for you to not sh!t on someones thread but follow your own advice and if you don't like a post/thread to just not comment on it. Honestly, how hard is it to not comment? DM has to put out reminders to be nice and remember what you learned it 1st grade, "don't call people names and be nice".

Edit: I'll donate a $100 if you do the above and publicly apologize for this unsolicited and scurrilous post.

Edited by CADevilsFan

Thank you for showing us all again what an ass you can be. You said that you'll donate 10 bucks to this site for someone not to post. I'll donate $50 bucks for you to not sh!t on someones thread but follow your own advice and if you don't like a post/thread to just not comment on it. Honestly, how hard is it to not comment? DM has to put out reminders to be nice and remember what you learned it 1st grade, "don't call people names and be nice".

Edit: I'll donate a $100 if you do the above and publicly apologize for this unsolicited and scurrilous post.

He's always had it out for the noobs, but Par99 seems to have incurred his full wrath.

He's always had it out for the noobs, but Par99 seems to have incurred his full wrath.

He's a noob himself.

He gets a little tempestuous at times, and in the beginning of his tenure here told a massive pork pie.

Let's just say he's passionate.

A least he's a Devils fan :koolaid: Unlike several posters on here who say they are but their posts leave no doubt that they are fans of other teams.

I probably went overboard. Yeah. And I'll apologize for that. But this poster does the same song and dance every 2 weeks... he posts a bunch of garbage, says "fine I won't ever come back", goes a day without posting (and updates his status 25 times that day), and then comes back and posts more threads. It's getting annoying.

Nah, the only people I've ever really "had it out for" are SD and par.

A day doesn't go by when that thread isn't mentioned

People have different opinion and they are always correct because they are their opinion. Just because you don't agree, doesn't support hate. Have another drink.

I probably went overboard. Yeah. And I'll apologize for that. But this poster does the same song and dance every 2 weeks... he posts a bunch of garbage, says "fine I won't ever come back", goes a day without posting (and updates his status 25 times that day), and then comes back and posts more threads. It's getting annoying.

I donated 25 bucks for a half a$$ed apology.

Screenshot2010-05-02at100744AM.png

You should have seen him when he started. It was something like... 25 new threads in 3 days. He said "fine, I'm going away" and continued to post without ever adding anything to the conversation. He then had the gonads to send me a PM saying how much he dislikes me. That didn't go over well.

actually, he said he'd stop posting until he felt he had something to add to the conversation. he's gotten a lot better than when he started. yeah, he still posts a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily need its own thread but that happens all the time here anyway. your attack on him was totally uncalled for and the fact that you won't 100% own up to it shows a lot of your very small character. it's just sad.

the amount of insults being thrown on this board is flat out ridiculous. some of you think you're all entitled and sh!t, especially against the noobs -- there's no reason for it.

ah well. sh!t happens i guess.