‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

TG's post is a speculative pile of bullsh!t!

Out of the handful of teams making offers, Detroit and New Jersey have the most stable competitive histories.

If Sid falls on his head again and Malkin gains a couple IQ points to realize he is always going to be Kato to Sid's Green Hornet then the Pens are going to be tanking in about 5 seasons to get draft picks. The Pens are only successful due to the fact that they hit paydirt picking high in several strong drafts. It's not like they've signed any strong talent from other organizations with the possible exception of Kunitz.

If Zach signs with Philly, what guarantee is there that Holmgren doesn't pull a Jeff Carter on him. Zach could have them add a clause in the contract not to move him, but what's stopping Holmgren from fvcking up the rest of the roster.

Detroit is getting older like the Devils and they're on a downturn in my opinion. I have no idea in the first place why they're talked up all the time.

IMO if Parise(and Suter for that matter) wanted stability and a competitive team they should sign in Nashville. That team has no big name stars and plays a complete team mentality.

Plus, it's not like if Lou leaves then the whole framework he created falls apart. I'm pretty sure after he retires, Lou would have no problem playing concilierge to the new GM.

I mean Stan Bowman is still involved in Chicago in some capacity as an advisor even though his son is the guy who works on the deals.

All your post is is a speculative pile of BS. Thats all any guessing for the future is! TG's speculation was purely on what he thinks that Zach may be thinking about! Its far more likely Lou and Marty retire well before any of the guys in these other places do. Considering those two are literally the foundation of the success that we've had, its not a stretch to think their eventual departure may affect his thinking.

All your post is is a speculative pile of BS. Thats all any guessing for the future is! TG's speculation was purely on what he thinks that Zach may be thinking about! Its far more likely Lou and Marty retire well before any of the guys in these other places do. Considering those two are literally the foundation of the success that we've had, its not a stretch to think their eventual departure may affect his thinking.

Perhaps it is a speculative pile of BS, much like most of the posts on this thread. However, there's no point in TG calling us out when each prospective team has their own share of problems.

Trust me, Lou is not going to leave the Devils and provide zero framework for his successor. His personality doesn't fit that mold.

Perhaps it is a speculative pile of BS, much like most of the posts on this thread. However, there's no point in TG calling us out when each prospective team has their own share of problems.

Trust me, Lou is not going to leave the Devils and provide zero framework for his successor. His personality doesn't fit that mold.

I don't think Zach reads TG, or that this wasn't stuff he already wasn't already thinking about.

We have ownership issues right now. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, and Philly, don't. Who's to say we get a new owner in here over the next 12-18 months (not at all far fetched) who decides to do things HIS way and he lets Lou go? Or Lou decides he doesnt want to do it anymore with a new owner? Its not a stretch to think that. We got lucky with JVB as he's a fan and knows what Lou means. If this team is sold, that potential new owner could do things totally differently. I think you'd be hard pressed to take a poll on here and the majority would think JVB is still owner of this club in a year or two. All bets are off if we get a new owner.

Our future in terms of stability isnt as strong as the other teams Zach is currently considering which is all TG was saying. Its completely true, regardless of ANY roster. Bowman, Shero, and Holland are likely going nowhere anytime soon. Lou is 70 years old + there's ownership issues. Lou is out before any of them.

And no kidding Lou wouldnt do that. Anyone who'd think that is foolish. Its probably his son that will be taking over for him.

We have ownership issues right now. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, and Philly, don't. Who's to say we get a new owner in here over the next 12-18 months (not at all far fetched) who decides to do things HIS way and he lets Lou go? Or Lou decides he doesnt want to do it anymore with a new owner? Its not a stretch to think that. We got lucky with JVB as he's a fan and knows what Lou means. If this team is sold, that potential new owner could do things totally differently. I think you'd be hard pressed to take a poll on here and the majority would think JVB is still owner of this club in a year or two. All bets are off if we get a new owner.

Our future in terms of stability isnt as strong as the other teams Zach is currently considering which is all TG was saying. Its completely true, regardless of ANY roster. Bowman, Shero, and Holland are likely going nowhere anytime soon. Lou is 70 years old + there's ownership issues. Lou is out before any of them.

And no kidding Lou wouldnt do that. Anyone who'd think that is foolish. Its probably his son that will be taking over for him.

Shhh, Zach might be reading. Don't want to scare him away.

Shhh, Zach might be reading. Don't want to scare him away.

Heh. I'm sure he's well aware. Its just more than a team's roster/money that he's probably considering. I can't fault TG for thinking that out loud when it affects every single fan of this team.

In Lou we trust!

It sounds like Zach is at the lake tomorrow. How nice. I bet we dont hear jack til Thurs or Fri now.

@Russostrib

Zach Parise tells @joshrimerhockey that he's talked to Lou Lamoriello two, three, sometimes four times a day throughout process

@SWhyno

More from Parise: "I don't feel comfortable saying who's in and who's out." It's a short list but he won't say how many

Zach Parise tells @JoshRimerHockey on http://nextsportstar.com:'>http://nextsportstar.com: "It's a life-changing decision." Will spend tomorrow on the lake.

Parise tells @JoshRimerHockey that "I would love to play on a team with a defesneman like Ryan Suter."

In http://nextsportstar.com interview with @JoshRimerHockey, Parise admits connect w/ Wild b/c of dad. "That would be really cool."

Parise tells @joshrimerhockey Suter and he have been talking, and I know for a fact they plan to speak tonight

Asked about Miami Heat comparison, Parise to @JoshRimerHockey: "I don't like when anyone is drawing those comparisons to LeBron."

Bah.

Edited by ghdi

In Lou we trust!

It sounds like Zach is at the lake tomorrow. How nice. I bet we dont hear jack til Thurs or Fri now.

@Russostrib

Zach Parise tells @joshrimerhockey that he's talked to Lou Lamoriello two, three, sometimes four times a day throughout process

@SWhyno

More from Parise: "I don't feel comfortable saying who's in and who's out." It's a short list but he won't say how many

Zach Parise tells @JoshRimerHockey on http://nextsportstar.com: "It's a life-changing decision." Will spend tomorrow on the lake.

Life-changing decision uh....? I may be reading too much into this but it looks bad for us... But in another way... Its a bit too obvious to throw out there if he doesnt want to say anything yet...

Edit: in the way that if he re-sign here nothing will really change

Edited by SterioDesign

Jesus christ. The more i read those quotes the more i feel its over...

Yea, these quotes alone are a bit disconcerting. I tried to find the interview but I dont think its archived and aired live. Its tough to judge them without having them fully in context. If this was all the info I had, I'd not be very confident, but the fact Lou and him are so engaged, keeps the hope alive.

I can read a few things into it: The Wild comment/Suter, maybe he and Suter are going there together. "Life-changing decision" could just refer to the fact he'll be set for long term and make the most money he's made or could refer to the fact he's going to a new team.

I don't want to read too much into the quotes without the interview and full context, but its extremely hard not to speculate.

Surprise move, Lou signs both Suter and Parise to identical contracts on Friday.

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow folks, we most certainly won't be hearing anything until Friday

Or Thursday.

Surprise move, Lou signs both Suter and Parise to identical contracts on Friday.

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow folks, we most certainly won't be hearing anything until Friday

Yeah that's not happening. They could do it under the cap barely - assuming one of the $3 million defenseman has to get traded anyway - but there's no way they can pay Kovy $11 million, give Parise and Suter huge (likely $10 million plus) bonuses the next couple of years and account for the rest of a cap celing payroll. That would be close to $90 million spent on players next year.

I don't like the Parise-Suter talk but you sorta get the feeling it's coming the longer 'both' stay unsigned. It's not exactly unprecedented, but nobody cared when Kariya and Selanne teamed up cause both took one-year deals for peanuts. Basically both these guys may well break the bank somewhere, probably Minnesota. Or Zach comes back here and Suter goes to Detroit by himself. Or any one of five hundred other things happen.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yea, these quotes alone are a bit disconcerting. I tried to find the interview but I dont think its archived and aired live. Its tough to judge them without having them fully in context. If this was all the info I had, I'd not be very confident, but the fact Lou and him are so engaged, keeps the hope alive.

I can read a few things into it: The Wild comment/Suter, maybe he and Suter are going there together. "Life-changing decision" could just refer to the fact he'll be set for long term and make the most money he's made or could refer to the fact he's going to a new team.

I don't want to read too much into the quotes without the interview and full context, but its extremely hard not to speculate.

Or Thursday.

Or maybe he was asked a bunch of questions by a reporter and tried to be as cryptic as possible. There's something for everyone.

Or maybe he was asked a bunch of questions by a reporter and tried to be as cryptic as possible. There's something for everyone.

Yep, it can be spun any way. If you're a pessimist, you see he's a total goner. If you're hopeful, you can get that out of em too.

I wish Id caught the interview.

Oh well, gonna enjoy the 4th and not think of this sh!t for a day.

It is NEVER a good idea to try to create a great team with a couple of buddies and/or family members. How did that turn out for kariya and salanne? And for the Sutters? Someone not affiliated with The Devils had better tell that to Zach damn fast. It's the one thing I never figured... He's as fvcking stupid as his dad.

And jackass, Niedermayer learned a little something about winning with the Devils. No. No JP did not learn a thing at the level you'd need to, to pull this kind of sh!t off. AgaIn I point Brent Sutter. And I point out also that yeah. I did in fact call it with neidermayer. He is that smart. And he did it on his own. Didn't have to trust some dummass buddy. Told his bro to stfu and trust him. Dear lord

How to fvcking snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The guy with NOTHING to lose finds a way to fvck it up royally. Please let him just be toying with the media with this ridiculous caper. and with that classic, I return to retirement.

So I guess this means his decision is: stick with the team that drafted him, or play on the same team as his buddy when they both sign with the Pittsburgh Heat.

If the latter turns out to be the case, maybe we'll see some interviews from this guy:

Jesus this thread is jumping at nearly the same clip as the Kovy thread two years ago. You go out, try to have a normal social life for a few hours, and you come back to this thread 20 pages longer than it was when you left.

How dare you lead a normal life when this hangs in the balance !!

Tax implications have me curious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.