GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7pm

njdevil26

yeah i mean to be fair, we had two guys (Parise salvador) who played littler nothing last year, it'll take them time to get in a regular flow with real games, and we have a new bunch of rookies - Larsson, Henrique, Boulton that need to get used to regular season NHL. I mean did you really expect them all to gel game 1 - especially with the team we were stuck against on our home opener? I would have love to have seen us play anyone NOT in our division on the home opener. At least then there'd be some hope of a confidence boosting win. I know, some people are gonna say they love the drama of playing division rivals and all that, but I would have liked to see them play someone outside as like a confidence booster, not a creampuff team, but not flyers, rangers or even pens. Maybe the Isles....

I decided to stay away from the boards just so I don't say anything stupid. Here's my reaction from game 1:

Marty looked great.

I would love for Lou and DeBoer to replace Fayne with Stralman.

Kovy tries way to hard and needs Zajac. He also needs a goal or two to go in to get some confidence so he's not so tight.

Larsson was the best defender.

The Flyers are tough, fast, and know what they are doing. The Devils did not have one scoring drive-type play or any rushes. The Flyers had hard and quick passes that were confusing the hell out of our D.

Clarkson looked like an idiot. Boulton and Mills can fight... Clarkie needs to try to create some scoring chances if he wants to be on the 3rd or second line.

Clarkie needs to try to create some scoring chances if he wants to be on the 3rd or second line.

:giggle: who here thinks he's holding back on the Clarkson critique?

OK -- I was thinking while walking to my office (how sick is that?) Tallinder. See I LIKE him I do. And he's not clueless. He's not even slow. It more like there is a little confusion maybe? He's making choices I don't agree with -- and he's not fully committed in any direction. I feel like EVERYONE on the team is like that though.

EVERYONE is doing too much and not enough.

Tallinder is particular easy to understand though (even if I'm wrong and just making a good excuse :evil: ) He is an offensive defenceman AND he's a mentor for all defence. and right there is the problem... He's just not fully committed on ice. He moves up with the rush and then rather than fully controlling the puck he's got probably 1/8th of his brain thinking about keeping the puck merely in the zone... that's all that's needed to strip him of the puck.

The puck stripping of the entire team is kind of inexcusable. So much so that I cannot say turnovers. It's WORSE than that -- it's halfassed because the focus isn't there. Not on anyone's part.

Id have the water boy on the sidelines throwing tennis balls at these fvckers during practice. They need to hire a heckler to teach these men focus.

HEEEYYYYY! Sean Avery is looking for work!! He could be like a rodeo clown for hockey kind of, ust on ice to pull focus in unexpected ways. It seems that things ar practice are too slow and too expected. They aren't learning new and unexpected things so they're not very good in real life situations it felt like this last game....

I'm just talking but still...

WAIT A SEC... did someone write this already? Is this deja vu?

Edited by Pepperkorn

Then your opinion on the matter means exactly DICK.

No one is as consistently full of sh!t on this board as you, so I'll give you that at least.

lol yeah 'cause one bad game means everything, forget about all the games i've seen all the non-larsson and non-henrique players play.

when the devils lose again, we might see you post again. not today, though.

Edited by Triumph