• Zubs
    • Moose
    • Marty
    • Elias
    • Arnott
    • Zajac
    • Someone else (name them)
    • Parise (even if he doesnt resign)
    • A rookie just to screw with the vets ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah cause we're one of those teams who takes forever to name a successor, just like after Stevens retired. :rolleyes:

We had three As for all of 2006, and I believe we also had three As for about half a season until Sutter gave the C to Langenbrunner.

Clarkson as a choice?

What's gonna happen when he skates over to the ref to question a calland falls down?

Will the ref catch him or help him up?

I'm sorry but that's funny. That and I see the photoshopped pic of his head on the kid skating with a walker.

Sorry. I'll be serious now....

I'd like to see Patty get it and keep it. I think Zach will be a great Captain when his time comes (and it's coming soon), but I don't see how it improves the team to take it from Elias and give it to Zach while Patty is still on the team, especially if Zach isn't signed long term. Lock Zach up, and maybe my mind changes, but I think it should go to Patty without the 'temporary' bit understood.

Zach is a tough call. Do you give him the "C" and pray he signs out of obligation? Or does this give his new agent the ammo to add to Parise's UFA price tag?

That was kind of my point as well; first the Sign on the dotted line, then the C :) In the meantime give it to Patty and leave it there.

I know for sure that we should have a captain. If a team ever needed someone to lead, this would definitely be that time.

To say no captain until we start winning just doesn't seem right to me.

Not too sure about that. Listening to the players, they thought Langs was the greatest captain ever. At this point in time, not too sure we need one. JL is a lame duck coach and who ever get's the C for the balance of the season will potentially have to relinquish it next season.

I like teh Arnott for the remainder of the season.! But we'll do the half-assed rotation making more cooks all in there fvcking up the sauce.

My guess is that Arnott will not be on the team after the trading deadline why give him the C to just pick a new one? with the amont of moves that will probably be made before camp next year, no C would be my choice.

Rotate some extra A's, and see how they play with the added responibility / honor.

As for the Elias didn't play well with the C, wasn't he just coming off of the Hep or am I mixing up years?

Joe

who ever get's the C for the balance of the season will potentially have to relinquish it next season.

and this is the reason why you dont want to give the C to any one. remember how elias reacted when the C was taken away from him. just wait until next year. let the next coach give the C and A's to who he thinks should get it.

Arnott said that he wants to play for a team in the playoffs. That is pretty much saying that if he gets an offer from a team that has a chance to make it to the playoffs, he will waive and go.

So it would be dumb to give him the C.

langs said that Parise should get the C but he wont be back this season.

Zach. He is our future, I just hope he doesn't get sick watching this season and decide to go somewhere else.

I agree with rolling 3 A's and giving Zach the C when he signs. Hell, give em the C now, what's it matter?

I'd also be good with having Patty wear the C til Zach gets Bach!