• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

This lockout has become a disaster of Biblical proportions. We're talking Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from their graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Devils fans saying nice things about Henrik Lundqvist ... MASS HYSTERIA!!!

:headless chicken:

• Like 2

This lockout has become a disaster of Biblical proportions. We're talking Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from their graves! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Devils fans saying nice things about Henrik Lundqvist ... MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Agreed. One time I turned into a dog, and he helped me. Thank you.

• Like 1

you're greatly underestimating this thing!!!!!!!!

But if I'm right, and we CAN stop this thing.... Gary... you would have saved the sanity of millions of paying hockey fans.

NO NO NO PLEASE NO DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER ahhhhhhhh

Anything but that!

Dogs rule cats drool!

Please take it back... I can't go on, knowing this!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121210/SPORTS0103/212100440/1128/rss16

This latest round of cancellations pretty much guarantees at best a 48-game season with a full postseason schedule, similar to the 1995 season, which was impacted by a lockout.

"When it gets to the point where we can't play a season with integrity, then we'll be done," Bettman said last week. "If you go back in history, in 1994-95, I think we played 48 games. I can't imagine wanting to play fewer than that."

In the midst of the 2004-05 lockout, Bettman canceled the entire season Feb. 16.

"Let's hope for (a) Jan. 1 (start)," Red Wings forward Danny Cleary said. "It's starting to wear now. It's getting so groundhog-ish. Skating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

"If nothing is going on by Jan. 15, that would be for me an end-all. It has to be. I know they canceled Feb. 16 last time, but it's not fathomable to have a season at that point. You can't have a 35-game season."

One more round of negotiations will be enough.

If it's behind an iron curtain, maybe. The only time they've made semi-tangible progress is on days when things weren't being leaked for PR spin.

They can start on New Year's Eve if they want, but the NHL really should have gotten this done already, they've destroyed a lot of the market they'd get from holiday shopping by not having games before Christmas. Then again they've already punted the Winter Classic and All-Star game, and wasted momentum from one of their best seasons in the last fifteen years so why should I be surprised?

Yaaay no media and undisclosed location. Time got get seriousssss.

Yeah but I don't know how seriously I can take mediator-led meetings now that the NHL's made it abundantly clear they don't want mediators (and don't want Fehr either) and are just going to go through the motions for another day or two before they break down again on Friday.

I read that Bill Simmons recently Tweeted how it really sucks that here in the U.S. fans have to go to TSN or other Canadian media to get our info on the negotiations. I completely agree with him.

Yes, I know that there are some good U.S. writers covering it, but still, it drives me crazy that not even the NHL Network is addressing it. As for ESPN not talking about it, I've long ago come to expect that.

I read that Bill Simmons recently Tweeted how it really sucks that here in the U.S. fans have to go to TSN or other Canadian media to get our info on the negotiations. I completely agree with him.

Yes, I know that there are some good U.S. writers covering it, but still, it drives me crazy that not even the NHL Network is addressing it. As for ESPN not talking about it, I've long ago come to expect that.

Well not on TV anyway, if you gets SIRIUSXM they talk about the CBA and other hockey stuff there. But yeah you'd think the TV network would 'at least' show some of the TSN coverage of meetings and whatnot. I guess they just want to maintain total neutrality somehow.

Things are a bit different now though than when they used mediators last time around.

The NHL didn't want mediators um...five days ago? How have things changed in the last five days unless they've 'already' had secret meetings we don't know about. I fear this is just another PR stunt/dog and pony show.

The NHL didn't want mediators um...five days ago? How have things changed in the last five days unless they've 'already' had secret meetings we don't know about. I fear this is just another PR stunt/dog and pony show.

The fact that they are having the meeting in an undisclosed location away from the media indicates just the opposite. I think that mediation was just about killing time until the BoG meeting.

I'm still thinking New Years Eve start if things go well. There's a reason why they only cancelled through the 30th and not all of December.

Yeah, because they didn't want in headlines 'all of 2012 is canceled'.

I know it'd seemingly be a scripted start of the season if they dropped the puck on New Year's Eve but we've said that before too...the last cutoff date (the 15th) would have been a nice Saturday day to begin, ten days before Christmas so people would get holiday shopping in.

Well not on TV anyway, if you gets SIRIUSXM they talk about the CBA and other hockey stuff there. But yeah you'd think the TV network would 'at least' show some of the TSN coverage of meetings and whatnot. I guess they just want to maintain total neutrality somehow.

Unfortunately for me, I don't get the hockey channel on SiriusXM because it costs extra. Are there any particular shows on the other SiriusXM channels to listen to that talk a lot of hockey?

Unfortunately for me, I don't get the hockey channel on SiriusXM because it costs extra. Are there any particular shows on the other SiriusXM channels to listen to that talk a lot of hockey?

I just get the subscription off my computer and smartphone, don't have it in my car so I only pay the one flat fee. There's too many channels to really know but I don't think there's another hockey one per se.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.