New Year's Eve GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

That is so epic, haha. He looks so intense. I think he is finally starting to play well consistently. I feel like, he is always going to have those WTF moments. Like prior to the penalty shot goal, the blind backhand pass in our zone to a Penguin. Or when he tripped over our own guy. But when you sit down and look he had 3 points. The other night versus Washington he was the first star as well. He's really starting to grow on me... I was never one of the people that absolutely hated on him, but I have been pretty critical of him at times. (Not really on this board, but yeah.)

Awesome clip. Just awesome! :D

I feel exactly the same way as well, Steve. Never completely hated him, but have been (very) critical quite often. I'm just waiting for him to really explode... which it seems he may be in the process of doing right now. *crosses fingers*

Awesome clip. Just awesome! :D

I feel exactly the same way as well, Steve. Never completely hated him, but have been (very) critical quite often. I'm just waiting for him to really explode... which it seems he may be in the process of doing right now. *crosses fingers*

Yeah. I have always said to opposing fans / friends who make fun of him, or try to trash talk, that there is nothing I can really say... and I REALLY want to like him... but his play was making it really difficult. I like his play as of late though, and moments like that penalty shot... wow was I fired up and how could you not be? After that reaction of his as well... awesome.