Game 5 GDT: Flyers @ Devils

RSC

Is Kovalchuk drunk?

he's never been coached in his life. he doesn't know good from bad. a good coach wouldn't let him 1 on 4 15 times a game, but I digress. doesn't matter what Kovalchuk says anyway, he gets transformed into a draft pick in 6 weeks or so.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll still defend Jacques as a coach, although I don't think he should return as coach. The taste of this season is too bad.

The bottom line is they didn't have the horses, it wouldn't of mattered who coached them.

they didn't make a single adjustment in the series. their style of play and setup was the same in Game 1 as in Game 5.

and the lines... after Leblond 1) played and 2) started on the third line for his 3-4 minutes of action, you knew we were doomed.

it took him until the 3rd period to realize that Greene and Martin shouldn't be playing together. Lemaire is a washout.

THE OTHER TEAM HAS THEIR TWO BEST DEFENSEMEN AWAY FROM EACH OTHER, JACQUES, IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR THEM! :lol:

Nah - I dont think they were disrespectful to the fans they didn't even do lack of effort that well (and I know no one cares... but disrespect is not a verb you can't put an ed on the end)

I agree that the team did very little well. But disrespected IS a verb... Dictionary

F this team. That was the absolute worst showing in a playoff series I have seen in recent history. Elias and Parise sound upset do they? Ohh that's nice. I'm sure they'll forget all about this when they're on some vacation somewhere nice in a few weeks. Because it really looked like no one wanted to advance to the second round to me. Could you imagine if we showed up at our places of employment and put in a half ass effort like these guys did?!!! HELLO you all play a sport for a living and get paid an obscene amount of money for it (I'm especially looking at you Rolston) maybe you want to try a little bit out there and break a sweat jackasses.

I absolutely do not want to see Mottau, Rolston, and Niedermayer in devils jerseys next year. Actually, I really don't care about anyone else on this team much except for Brodeur, Parise, and Zubrus. and hey Zajac, maybe you want to work on your face off skills in the off season. This series was absolutely embarrassing. I hope Martin resigns, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. It looked like this team didn't give a sh!t at all and I can't even believe that any of these players would actually look upset after this mess. I don't even buy it. They looked lazy (minus maybe Zubrus) the entire series and looked like they just wanted to get the playoffs over with so they could start enjoying their summer. Maybe these guys don't care about winning the cup and would rather just collect their sweet paychecks and play mediocre. I don't know why our society pays profesional sports players so much friggin' money anyway. I would love it if professional athletes got paid what social workers get paid (and social workers and the like got paid millions) and maybe they'd put in a little more effort. What a joke of a team. Lou better get rid of the garbage... and there's a lot of it. Bring up the young guys and get rid of the guys who clealry just don't give a sh!t anymore.

they didn't make a single adjustment in the series. their style of play and setup was the same in Game 1 as in Game 5.

and the lines... after Leblond 1) played and 2) started on the third line for his 3-4 minutes of action, you knew we were doomed.

it took him until the 3rd period to realize that Greene and Martin shouldn't be playing together. Lemaire is a washout.

THE OTHER TEAM HAS THEIR TWO BEST DEFENSEMEN AWAY FROM EACH OTHER, JACQUES, IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR THEM! :lol:

You could argue for the way he did things, in the same way he didn't. it wouldn't have mattered.

Just got back home. Told you they would come back....

We got dismantled this series. What a horrible way to end the season.

I was calling for Lemaire's head the whole night but now that it is over I can't continue to hate the guy. The truth is this was a total team effort. Coaching staff, players, GM. They all hold some responsibility here. With that being said though, I cant believe he put the same lineup out there again tonight. I just don't get it. The timeout with 3 minutes to go was also just very cruel.

I think the Rock is cursed to be honest. I mean we have witnessed some pretty bad endings here in its short existence.

I'm too sad to come up with anything else. Hopefully changes will be made and we'll be better for it. What started off so promising (30 wins in the first 41 games) ended so horribly.

I just want to say thanks to Dainus Zubrus. Like Brodeur, he has his hater group here but maybe this series will finally open their eyes. He was our best player out there and busted his ass every single shift. Lemaire should have played the guy until his legs fell off.

Edited by Sickman

You could argue for the way he did things, in the same way he didn't. it wouldn't have mattered.

I think splitting up Martin and Greene would have made a huge difference. it's all of your puck moving in one pairing, leaving the other two filled with scrubs and snails.

the Leblond thing is inexcusable to do it twice and fail. he did it three times and failed.

look, they (him and the players) share this as a partnership. they played like quitting dogs and to say he coached would imply he did something, other than get a jar of jelly thrown in his general vicinity

the Leblond thing is inexcusable to do it twice and fail. he did it three times and failed.

But yet he'd be the FIRST guy the fans call for with the "at least he hits people" mentality if he didn't play

go figure :P

But yet he'd be the FIRST guy the fans call for with the "at least he hits people" mentality if he didn't play

go figure :P

not on the third line! :lol:

It's not about the way they played. They couldn't play any better. You get what you get. Not talented enough.

give me a break. they quit in 3 consecutive games, they could certainly play better than they played. they were quitters and Lemaire had a ridiculously awful playoff series. it's not as if the Flyers are going to go on and dominate everyone on their path to the Cup here. they'll probably die a quick death like the '98 Sens

not on the third line! :lol:

give me a break. they quit in 3 consecutive games, they could certainly play better than they played. they were quitters and Lemaire had a ridiculously awful playoff series. it's not as if the Flyers are going to go on and dominate everyone on their path to the Cup here. they'll probably die a quick death like the '98 Sens

Did they quit? Maybe. Talent wins. These guys didn't have the D or the support on the lower lines.

You know he's great at setting things up explaining the game teaching and setting up that one aha moment for many many guys....but Aha doesn't last a career -- "Eureka!" doesn't even last a full season and Jacques just has no idea how to keep it fresh -- I guess he thinks "I tole dem - dey unnerstood --- an now dey juss don't no more - I tell dem again but dey not hear - I guess cause dey heard da first time -- so why dey not do now? I doh know? Seems easy nuff, no? Well, no I guess - I guess no because dey no remember - dey say it back to me but dey no know"

oh please - S duh FU

Lmao, that's great PK!! I needed a laugh.

F this team. That was the absolute worst showing in a playoff series I have seen in recent history. Elias and Parise sound upset do they? Ohh that's nice. I'm sure they'll forget all about this when they're on some vacation somewhere nice in a few weeks. Because it really looked like no one wanted to advance to the second round to me. Could you imagine if we showed up at our places of employment and put in a half ass effort like these guys did?!!! HELLO you all play a sport for a living and get paid an obscene amount of money for it (I'm especially looking at you Rolston) maybe you want to try a little bit out there and break a sweat jackasses.

I absolutely do not want to see Mottau, Rolston, and Niedermayer in devils jerseys next year. Actually, I really don't care about anyone else on this team much except for Brodeur, Parise, and Zubrus. and hey Zajac, maybe you want to work on your face off skills in the off season. This series was absolutely embarrassing. I hope Martin resigns, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. It looked like this team didn't give a sh!t at all and I can't even believe that any of these players would actually look upset after this mess. I don't even buy it. They looked lazy (minus maybe Zubrus) the entire series and looked like they just wanted to get the playoffs over with so they could start enjoying their summer. Maybe these guys don't care about winning the cup and would rather just collect their sweet paychecks and play mediocre. I don't know why our society pays profesional sports players so much friggin' money anyway. I would love it if professional athletes got paid what social workers get paid (and social workers and the like got paid millions) and maybe they'd put in a little more effort. What a joke of a team. Lou better get rid of the garbage... and there's a lot of it. Bring up the young guys and get rid of the guys who clealry just don't give a sh!t anymore.

LA, I've been a Devils fan since 1985 when I saw my first game. I'm 31 now. In 25 years of die-hard Devils fanatacism, I've NEVER seen a more heartless team than this one. The 2009-2010 Devils will go down as the most gutless, heartless team in the history of the franchise. There is absolutely no way on earth a team with this much talent at forward should go 3 games without scoring an even-strength goal.

They were clueless out there

this is as simple as it gets. you don't need to write a friggen research paper on this team. this is it.

Did they quit? Maybe. Talent wins. These guys didn't have the D or the support on the lower lines.

i thought we had a talented bunch. it just so happens we had a talented bunch with no heart. they had no killer instinct, no will to win. they were skating like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off all series long.

the defense was abysmal...there are a few players who lou has shoved down our throat, that are for lack of a better word, crap...i agree the fact that this team could not score an even strength goal is outrageous.

i actually like the grit and style of the flyers, although they will get annihilated in the next round when they meet a real playoff team.

Pardon me - but disrespectful? That is so fvcking over used They're not disrespectful -- they're just losers.

If you went to more games you'd probably understand why he and others have used the disrespectful word. Cost isn't prohibitive for me the way it might be for the majority of sth's, being lucky enough to get seats in 208 through a friend but just expending the time and effort to go to 27-28 games a year plus playoffs, yeah I felt a bit cheated by this team in the second half of this season. Losing is one thing but there is NO excuse for lack of effort.

Disrespected is a fair word to use...but the Devils didn't just disrespect the fans, they disrespected the uniform and the people who pay their checks as well. If you want to use another word - disgraced, embarassed - whatever, it's all the same in the wash...I'd agree with any of them.

Maybe this, coupled with Lou's tantrum after the last game will finally shock the organization into real changes, philosophical as well as personnel. Lemaire better be the first one out the door with others soon to follow. If Jamie isn't traded he'd better not be the C next year, he lost me completely with his me-first atitude and the fact he - like most of the team - didn't really give a **** down the stretch.

Who is an UFA/RFA this year? Martin and Mottau are correct? Anyone else? When is Parise's contract up...I just watched some of the post game interviews and I am starting to doubt if he will even want to stay in NJ if he gets some great offers (which he will obviously) from other teams

Never mind.. found what I was looking for...

Basically... the only UFA I'm worried about is Martin. Everyone else can go... except maybe Dani because we do still need a backup even though they never get to play ever.

Also... I forgot Pandolfo was still on the team. Seriously forgot that he existed. I think he'll retire this year or I hope he does.

Edited by LA03

I'm pretty tired but it's hard getting sleep on a night like this. But I have managed to collect my thoughts a little bit.

I'll say this much. In 17 years of watching this team, this is by far the worst playoff showing I have personally witnessed. That includes the debacles of the late 90's and the 2 years prior to this post season. Save for 3 or 4 guys, they don't need to be named, this was just a very poor effort. As much as it would be easy to blame the coach for this mess, he is definitely not the only one responsible.

I think they tried tonight but overall, and the players have even said it themselves, the commitment and work ethic necessary to succeed at this time of the year was just not there. Make no mistake, Philly embarrassed the Devils over these last 8 days. This was bad. I'd imagine Lou is seething right now based on how things transpired. It really is a black eye for the organization in many ways.

All we can hope for is that the necessary changes are made and the franchise is better off for it. What those changes are, I don't know. That is for Lou to decide.

If you went to more games you'd probably understand why he and others have used the disrespectful word. Cost isn't prohibitive for me the way it might be for the majority of sth's, being lucky enough to get seats in 208 through a friend but just expending the time and effort to go to 27-28 games a year plus playoffs, yeah I felt a bit cheated by this team in the second half of this season. Losing is one thing but there is NO excuse for lack of effort.

Disrespected is a fair word to use...but the Devils didn't just disrespect the fans, they disrespected the uniform and the people who pay their checks as well. If you want to use another word - disgraced, embarassed - whatever, it's all the same in the wash...I'd agree with any of them.

Maybe this, coupled with Lou's tantrum after the last game will finally shock the organization into real changes, philosophical as well as personnel. Lemaire better be the first one out the door with others soon to follow. If Jamie isn't traded he'd better not be the C next year, he lost me completely with his me-first atitude and the fact he - like most of the team - didn't really give a **** down the stretch.

I think the team owes the fans an apology. I wouldn't normally say that. For business sake, they better do it. I was actually surprised at the lack of seething at the game. Maybe a bad sign for business, that the fans stopped caring too. :lol:

Edited by maxpower

I think the team owes the fans an apology. I wouldn't normally say that. For business sake, they better do it. I was actually surprised at the lack of seething at the game. Maybe a bad sign for business, that the fans stopped caring too. laugh.gif

We were just talking about that. Living in Sharks country, that's exactly what Doug Wilson did las year after the Sharks 1st-round exit to the Ducks. Wilson held a "community forum" for STH's after the exit and made the big names (Thornton, Marleau, Boyle and a few others) and McLellan face the fans and explain how this could continue to happen with the talent on the team, took questions, and had to provide answers to the STHs. I thought that took a lot of guts on Wilson's part, and gave him credit for holding the coaches and team accountable to the fans. I just can't see this happening in a Lou-run organization though.

Since this is the last game day thread of 09-10 I will contribute, even though I feel pretty sick from watching that.

Last year after the heartbreak of those last 80 seconds I was angry, but I felt for the team. I thought they had tried all year and they had overcome a lot to get where they were. It was cruel and I thought that the players and the fans were united in their suffering. To go out like that was unfair on both the team and the fans together.

This year I feel like the guys out there have screwed us over, especially all the fans out there who spend their hard earned $$$$ attending games. Its ok for me I lose a few hours sleep, I can get those back at the weekend, but all you guys who have invested the time and the $$$$ to see a playoff showing like that, well is just f**king unacceptable.

As for the game, Marty, Zach, Kovi, Martin, Patty and Greene were the only players who I thought looked like the even gave a $hit. With the Devils I have always felt that no matter the result you would always get heart and grit form the guys.

Not anymore, and that is pretty sad.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9