All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

I didn't see an official thread for all discussion about jerseys, so I thought I would make one. This could be a good place to show off your jerseys, as well as provide information for those who are shopping for one now. If you are on ebay and have doubts whether a jersey is legit or not, post it here so we can take a look.

Stores:

IceJerseys.com : One of the best sites. Also a bit more expensive than the rest.

Cool Hockey : This one has gotten mixed reviews, but still good.

SportsK : Crappy looking site, but a very good store, with the lowest prices. Also have very nice CCM Throwbacks.

River City Sports : I have heard some complaints that they take some time to ship their custom jerseys out. But the majority of people have been very happy with this site.

Meigray Group : Best source for gameworn / game issued jerseys. The clearance section sometimes has blank Edges for $75.

Fans Edge : $250 Authentics

Hockey Jerseys Direct : $188 Edge's. Several HF Boards members have used this site, they are legit.

Feel free to suggest others.

Information:

How to Spot a Fake : Here is a link to the IceJerseys thread on how to spot a fake.

The Hockey Uniform Database : Uniform history of every team, as well as a year by year look at NHL uniforms.

Icethetics.info : Hockey logo / jersey news blog. Also has design contests, concepts, and logo tournaments.

IceJerseys Size Chart : Size chart for Edge Authentics, Reebok Premier, and CCM classic jerseys, and other apparel

Edited by mmajeski06

I always get my jerseys done by Exclusive Pro because they do the team's jerseys so I figure it's as authentic as it gets.. I always inspect every stitch of my jerseys from them and I've never had an issue with quality

only knockoffs for me. I've got a Richards winter classic, Elias, Erik Johnson and used to have a Pronger on the ducks but got rid of that one. Combined they probably cost me $200 total. And my brother has a knockoff Malkin and Sundin and is getting a USA Kesler

Thanks for starting this tread. I have always wantd to earn more about jerseys and how to spot fakes on ebay. I generally know if the seller is from Asia to stay away.

Right now,all I have is my Broduer Edge replica and the practice jersey given out at the blood drive a couple years back.I really want to get a xmas tree jersey and a white road jersey. I'll be doing my research and keeping an eye on this tread before buying my next jersey.

Mike

Where can I see something like an "evolution"of the devils jerseys? I'd like to see how they've changed from season to season in terms of color scheme, material, fonts, patches, etc.

Mike

Where can I see something like an "evolution"of the devils jerseys? I'd like to see how they've changed from season to season in terms of color scheme, material, fonts, patches, etc.

Mike

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

Every team, every year. Possibly the greatest site ever made for jersey-nuts. Going season by season gets a little tough though when more teams are added.

Edited by mmajeski06

Thanks for the heads up on the blog and uniform site. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasnt there black added to the classic jerseys at one point? Right before the Devils started wearing their current unis?

Mike

I like the thread, it'll be good to have around, I think. It also gives me a chance to ask a question I've been wondering for a while. I've been saving up to get an authentic for a while, but I have no idea what size to get because I've never bought one before (all I have right now is an old CCM replica Stevens jersey and a throwback Zajac). For the throwback, I bought a medium, which is perfect for me, but I have no idea what that would translate to in terms of authentic sizes (ie 52, 54, etc.). What do you guys think? I'm 5 ft. 7 and 145 lbs, by the way (short, I know :lol:) Thanks, guys

I like the thread, it'll be good to have around, I think. It also gives me a chance to ask a question I've been wondering for a while. I've been saving up to get an authentic for a while, but I have no idea what size to get because I've never bought one before (all I have right now is an old CCM replica Stevens jersey and a throwback Zajac). For the throwback, I bought a medium, which is perfect for me, but I have no idea what that would translate to in terms of authentic sizes (ie 52, 54, etc.). What do you guys think? I'm 5 ft. 7 and 145 lbs, by the way (short, I know :lol:) Thanks, guys

Not sure if this will help, but here is the size chart from icejerseys:

http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html

You can compare the measurements between the different types of jerseys.

My question is not about Jerseyzz but about T-shirt.

How is it that I can only find Elias,Parise and Brodeur of the actual players ??? I can't find a Zajac for example??

Because stores don't care enough about hockey to stock more than the top tier players on the Devils, Rangers, and Isles. If you go to the Devils Den in Newark, there'll be a much wider variety of player shirts to choose from. And thanks for the chart, mmajeski!

Because stores don't care enough about hockey to stock more than the top tier players on the Devils, Rangers, and Isles. If you go to the Devils Den in Newark, there'll be a much wider variety of player shirts to choose from. And thanks for the chart, mmajeski!

Thanks

I'm still confused. Btw Replicas, premier Pro and Authentics. Maybe someone can shed some light on that for me.

From IceJerseys:

Rbk Edge Authentic Pro

Introduced during the 2007-08 season, the EDGE Authentic Jersey is the actual jersey worn on-ice by all NHL players. This technical jersey features a four-way stretch core body material with BeadAway™, a water repellent treatment. Four-way Stretch Mesh provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back regions (where applicable). Highly durable BeadAway™ treated X-trafil fabric provides additional reinforcement in shoulder and elbow areas. Neck collar features PlayDry performance Lycratalic (with polyester ribknit when applicable). Team front and shoulder crests (where applicable) feature a combination of direct stitched embroidery and twill appliqué. All crests are directly sewn to the jersey. An authentic tie down fight strap is attached inside the lower back of the jersey. The Reebok vector logo is embroidered on the back of the neck and sleeve and the NHL shield patch is sewn on the bottom of the front collar fabric insert. Includes Rbk/NHL Center Ice Authentic Woven neck label and Rbk/NHL Center Ice jock tag with numeric sizing is applied to the lower left of the bottom of the jersey.

Key Features:

- 250g/m2 double knit polyester/spandex four-way stretch pique core body

- 250g/m2 double knit polyester/spandex four-way stretch mesh

- 237g/m2 double knit polyester four-way stretch X-trafil shoulders and elbows

- 325g/m2 Lycratalic double knit/spandex four-way stretch neck collar

Rbk Premier Replica

Introduced during the 2007-08 season, the Premier Replica Jersey is engineered and constructed to duplicate the look of on-ice team designs. Front body consists of a comfortable polyester two-way stretch pique. Solid mesh inserts provide ventilation in underarm and back regions (where applicable). Performance polyester engineered interlock or striped knit collar, with NHL shield logo patch sewn to bottom of front collar fabric insert. Front chest crest features a combination of direct stitched embroidery and twill appliqué. Shoulder crests (where applicable) feature single layer screen printed tackle twill sewn directly to the jersey.

Additional Features:

- 175g/m2 polyester pique two-way stretch core body

- Polyester interlock detailed trim

- Reebok vector logo embroidered patch on back neck & left sleeve

- Rbk/NHL Official Licensed neck label

- Rbk/NHL jock tag with alpha sizing sewn to bottom left front of jersey

CCM Classic/550 Replica

This semi-pro 550 series replica jersey manufactured by CCM® is the classic cut replica of the jersey last worn during the 2006-2007 season. Chest and shoulder crests (where applicable) feature a combination of embroidery and appliqué tackle twill. Other features include:

- Patented AIR-KNIT® 100% polyester (mid-weight version)

- Double shoulders with reinforced stitching on shoulders and armholes

- CCM®/NHL™ neck label

- CCM® embroidered patch on back neck & left sleeve

Basically Replica refers to anything that isn't engineered to the exact specifications as the jersey worn on the ice by the players.

Authentic: Exactly what the pros wear

Reebok Premier: Looks like the real deal, but no reinforced stitching, everything is heat pressed on and not sewn (unless you do the customization from other stores, where the letters and numbers will be stitched). There is jock tag on the front with size information. The front logo is not stitched on, but pressed on.

CCM Replica: Looks like the authentic CCMs, everything is stitched on, the material is just lighter than the real deal. CCM had the best replicas.

Edited by mmajeski06

I didn't see an official thread for all discussion about jerseys, so I thought I would make one. This could be a good place to show off your jerseys, as well as provide information for those who are shopping for one now. If you are on ebay and have doubts whether a jersey is legit or not, post it here so we can take a look.

awesome topic and research

we will look to put this someplace permanently

awesome topic and research

we will look to put this someplace permanently

Matt,

I'm not sure that here is the best place being "marketplace" is arguably the least viewed section of the site. A group of collectors started a jersey thread over a year ago (and abandoned it due to personal differences/unforseen circumstances among it's participants) and there were very few viewers being it was in marketplace. It was a shame.

I suggest leaving this pinned in Hell (for more exposure) even if it doesn't "fit" the section as hockey related topics do.

Edited by SJP20

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.