All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

On 6/3/2022 at 3:41 PM, Bonginator11 said:

Did anyone see that EPS doesn't strip jerseys anymore?

Must have just started semi-recently. I had my Hall jersey stripped not too long ago. But maybe it was because I put the order in forever ago…

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I know they stopped selling loose kits recently but haven't heard about not stripping.  I think mfitz would know better about that.

Yea I wanted to get a jersey stripped and recustomized and was about to order until I saw this😔

9A50296F-19ED-4127-B3C2-9E1C8865E433.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Yea I wanted to get a jersey stripped and recustomized and was about to order until I saw this😔

9A50296F-19ED-4127-B3C2-9E1C8865E433.jpeg

Damn that stinks.  I wonder if they stopped because 1) it can be labor-intensive and 2) they don't want to be held liable if the jersey doesn't strip clean.

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Damn that stinks.  I wonder if they stopped because 1) it can be labor-intensive and 2) they don't want to be held liable if the jersey doesn't strip clean.

Yeah kinda makes me wish that I'd gotten the ones I needed re-done...well, re-done.  Was going to switch a GW Dea to a Hischier.  

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have been watching that auction for the past month or so.  They had a ton of hockey stuff this auction round which was weird as that auction house is not really known for their hockey stuff.  I know they are quite well known and from what I have heard their non-hockey items are good, but for their hockey stuff I have heard not so great things.  Things ranging from mis-represented items to downright fakes.  This round of auction several lots were called into question, like the Beezer and Beuk Rangers for instance.

However, from what I have heard, that Gretzky in the article is good/legit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah kinda makes me wish that I'd gotten the ones I needed re-done...well, re-done.  Was going to switch a GW Dea to a Hischier.  

I also wonder if it has to do with the rise of gamers being stripped to be re-done due to the fact that Adidas doesn't sell MiC jerseys at retail.  They don't want to be held liable if someone is trying to strip a gamer of a scrub and put on a star player and try to sell it as a gamer of star player.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:29 AM, DevsMan84 said:

I know they stopped selling loose kits recently but haven't heard about not stripping.  I think mfitz would know better about that.

I haven't placed an order in quite some time, and haven't asked them to strip one since before the pandemic. 

I had mostly been stripping my own, and decided I was no longer going to do that. Then, they doubled their price for it and I said I wouldn't pay that, but never placed an order that required it after that. 

On 6/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, DevsMan84 said:

I also wonder if it has to do with the rise of gamers being stripped to be re-done due to the fact that Adidas doesn't sell MiC jerseys at retail.  They don't want to be held liable if someone is trying to strip a gamer of a scrub and put on a star player and try to sell it as a gamer of star player.

It does make sense, if they care about that sort of thing. 

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven't placed an order in quite some time, and haven't asked them to strip one since before the pandemic. 

I had mostly been stripping my own, and decided I was no longer going to do that. Then, they doubled their price for it and I said I wouldn't pay that, but never placed an order that required it after that. 

It does make sense, if they care about that sort of thing. 

Yeah my plan (who knows if I ever would've gotten around to it) was to take a GW Stadium Series Dea and make it a Hischier; it would have been strictly for my own personal use...NOT some attempt to pass it off as a legit GW Hischier.  If I had ever decided to sell it, I would've made that very clear up front.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah my plan (who knows if I ever would've gotten around to it) was to take a GW Stadium Series Dea and make it a Hischier; it would have been strictly for my own personal use...NOT some attempt to pass it off as a legit GW Hischier.  If I had ever decided to sell it, I would've made that very clear up front.

Some people object to doing stuff like that, but with a rare jersey and an inconsequential player like Dea, I would have no issue with that. 

You could still do it, but you’ll have an extra step in either stripping it yourself (tedious and annoying, and you can cause damage if you aren’t careful) or finding someone else to do it. 

Which is probably just annoying enough that you won’t want to do it anymore. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.