Keeper-gate.....

CRASHER

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the cost for keepers?

• Forefeit of draft pick from when player was drafted regardless of if player was cut or re-signed
    • if player was signed off waiver wire, drafted or undrafted he's a last round pick
    • no more keepers

I'm interested if the spot is still available...

and so 'tis done.....

now a question for the other 11.....do we let red pick a keeper from U-Dog's team or does he not get this priviledge

(look I re-stirred up the keeper-drama.... :e-drama:)

I see the roster as a franchise... it's just a GM switch.

He should be able to keep a player from the franchise he is taking over.

It's the same thing as when you assume someone's team midseason... except it's pre-draft :)

Edited by aylbert

I concur with letting him pick a keeper.

Crash, could you email me again? I can not find any email linky--dohicky.

I believe when I took iggy's spot a few years ago, I was allowed to pick a keeper off of his team? Or am I just completely making that up?

No, you came in just when the keeper system started, when CRASHER wanted to retroactively apply it to start right away but half the league screamed bloody murder lol.

Laflamme did get to keep one of mb's players last year but he actually had managed his team a little the previous season. Like I said, not a big deal - I just see the keepers as a reward for drafting or in season transactions.

Not like that team has great keepers anyway though, I suppose either Vernon Davis on a 6th or McGahee with an 8th. I wouldn't stand in the way of a yes vote.

So let me understand, I can make any player my 1 keeper, but i lose that rounds pick this year, correct??

Correct... effectively you are drafting that player again... in the same spot. Or in the case of a free agent, a 15th rounder.

We don't allow multi-year keepers... But it skews value for rookies who could step up later in the season and become fantasy monsters in their 2nd year, etc

Its up to you to determine what that "value" is...

And I'd like to make sure that everyone got their invites and will be signed up soon, since we're near the time ....it's TIME.....it's TIME.....it's DRAFT DRAMA TIME!!!!

(note to self....must ...start....checking ....board...more.....often.....)

Edited by CRASHER

When do I need to tell you who I will keep??

When the draft order is to be selected....I should be picking the positions soon.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

When the draft order is to be selected....I should be picking the positions soon.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

Ah, the super double secret draft order selection process. Invented by Germanic tribes in the 14th Century, it has been passed down through generations, slowly evolving it to the process we (don't) know and love today.

• Like 1

Ah, the super double secret draft order selection process. Invented by Germanic tribes in the 14th Century, it has been passed down through generations, slowly evolving it to the process we (don't) know and love today.

It's so secretive that even the random outside person I use for the process has NO DAMN CLUE what's going on......

(ok, I admit....she's also not the brightest star in the sky either.....)

We still need two more of ya's to register...heeerrrroooooooo????

.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

Woohoo!

rofl.gif:clap2:

It's so secretive that even the random outside person I use for the process has NO DAMN CLUE what's going on......

(ok, I admit....she's also not the brightest star in the sky either.....)

Bartender?

I'll sign on when I get that linky-do and can get on a puter w/o "fantasy" blocked. rolleyes.gif