Palmieri called back up from AHL

DevilMinder

I would guess Janssen is out... or Sestito is being sent back down. DeBoer could be planning to bench Tedenby as well. Palmieri isn't the greatest but I would gladly have him over Pelley, Sestito, Janssen, or Boulton.

And Zubie's probably out tomorrow at least...unless we're just using Palmeri's frequent flyer miles for no good reason the way we did Urbom.

How do you know Zubes is out? I just don't remember reading that anywhere.

It's more likely than not because of Travis's return! NaPalm will be back at right wing with Kovy and Travis in hopes of building on last year's chemistry AND more importantly putting Kovy back at left wing and producing another scoring line.

Kovy-Zajac-Palmieri

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Tedenby-Carter-PLUG

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF'S NATION! :horse:

Parise plays with Zajac. That's it. I hate all this talk of separating them.

Parise-Zajac-Tendeby

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Tedenby has played about 4 good games this year, he cannot handle tough minutes at this point in his career. Furthermore, Kovalchuk with a rookie who's not very good defensively? And two players on their off-wing on the same line? And you break up the Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line, a fantastic tough minutes line.

I agree with DinLN's lines above, although I think what may end up happening is Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk.

But yeah, Zajac isn't back, although he might be practicing with the team today - this is because Janssen is hurt.

Edited by Triumph

Parise plays with Zajac. That's it. I hate all this talk of separating them.

Parise-Zajac-Tendeby

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Hopefully Tedenby can start pitching in some goals.

He's a pretty darn good puck handler and for a guy his size finishing his checks is always a positive. But 0 goals and 3 assists in 24 games has to change. I'm not asking for a huge outburst but a few surprise chip ins would be nice every once and a while.

Napalm is def an improvement over Cam and even Tedenby.

I swear there is a mass delusion amongst Devils fans where it looks like they think Tedenby is the second coming of Ovechkin.

I don't disagree that Teddy's been a disappointment offensively this year, but when has he ever gotten 10% of the chance Palmeri's gotten on the top lines? The one time he was actually with a half decent line (Clarkson and Josefson) late last year he was fine.

I don't usually share my thoughts on what I feel the lines should be, but what the hell. Given the choice, I would put this together:

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus

Kovalchuk - Henrique - Tedenby

Sykora - Elias - Clarkson

Zharkov - Carter - Palmieri

I understand nobody wants to split up Sykora/Elias/Zubrus but you need to balance the forward lines out once Zajac is healthy. The only worrisome part of my line combos is the second line which could potentially be a defensive nightmare. But, if they could use their speed (Kovalchuk) and quickness (Tedenby) to keep the play in the offensive zone for most of their 45-50 second shift, it might be alright. I also like Tedenby on the right side as he is a left handed shot. Perfect for a one-timer off a pass from the left side, which seems to be Kovy's bread and butter every time he hits the offensive blueline.

The fourth line, to me, has been something that needs a makeover. In "today's" NHL, I don't think you can be successful with a trio of goons a la Boulton, Janssen, Pelley, etc. You need to have a fourth line that you can somewhat rely on for some offense. Zharkov is defensively responsible and can at least be a setup man, Carter is decent in the circle, and Palmieri is a big body, but doesn't use it enough to earn a spot in the top 6.

I don't disagree that Teddy's been a disappointment offensively this year, but when has he ever gotten 10% of the chance Palmeri's gotten on the top lines? The one time he was actually with a half decent line (Clarkson and Josefson) late last year he was fine.

He still gets knocked off the puck easily, doesn't quite know how to check properly, and is a major defensive liability. Even when he was on the half-decent line earlier this year, he didn't create all that much except skate in circles or hold on the puck for too long. There is a reason he is bouncing around on the 3rd and 4th line by every coach so far, so to say the coach has a thing against him is silly. (You did not put this though forward in your post but others have that is why I am mentioning it)

I just want to see Tedenby matched with Parise or Kovy for a few games... to see what he can actually do when he's on a line that is expected to score goals. Cater is a defensive center and Clarkson is a mental midget with no skating or passing ability. Teddy played with Kovy last season and got a few goals out of it..

Also remember Teddy was responsible for a few of Clarkson's goals this season.

I just want to see Tedenby matched with Parise or Kovy for a few games... to see what he can actually do when he's on a line that is expected to score goals. Cater is a defensive center and Clarkson is a mental midget with no skating or passing ability. Teddy played with Kovy last season and got a few goals out of it..

Also remember Teddy was responsible for a few of Clarkson's goals this season.

Kovy, no way but Parise maybe.

Kovy, no way but Parise maybe.

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby... Boom. Two players who have great chemistry and great two way games... and then Teddy given the opportunity to flourish.

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Zharkov-Carter-Palmieri (after someone convinces Palmes to use his big frame and hit someone every so often)

I'd like to see these lines:

Parise Zajac Tedenby

Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Zharkov Carter Palmieri

If Tedenby crashes and burns on that top line sub in Clarkson or Palmieri and interchange them.

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby... Boom. Two players who have great chemistry and great two way games... and then Teddy given the opportunity to flourish.

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Zharkov-Carter-Palmieri (after someone convinces Palmes to use his big frame and hit someone every so often)

Pretty similar to my hopes except I really don't think we need to move Zubrus off that third line.

Edited by NewarkDevil5

I'd like to see these lines:

Parise Zajac Tedenby

Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Zharkov Carter Palmieri

If Tedenby crashes and burns on that top line sub in Clarkson or Palmieri and interchange them.

Pretty similar to my hopes except I really don't think we need to move Zubrus off that third line.

I just think Kovy will skate so fast that the wind he creates from his speed would knock Clarkson down.