devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,494 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Falcons Defense.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#442 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Matthews is also glass, that factors into the choice and Brown might be the goalline back too....

Even when Matthews gets back, this is a committee backfield with Brown, Battle, and Brinkley. This is worse than Carolina's backfield.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#443 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Well, sh!t. I was trying to move up to get Brown too. I WAS thinking he's going to be the starter after Mathews goes down again. But knowing Crasher feels the same way, maybe I was wrong. Posted Image

Lost a lot of players off my wish list this round. Just filling spots now.

Hopefully Dallas Clark TE will BUST out a BIG year in TB under Shiano!

Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#444 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Well theres nobody interesting right now, so ill take my kicker so we can move the draft along.

David Akers, K, SF.

#445 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,494 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Jared Cook.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#446 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

lol, oh well...I drafted him as the starter over Gronk last year, might as well draft him as the backup this year:

Owen Daniels
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#447 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

lol, oh well...I drafted him as the starter over Gronk last year, might as well draft him as the backup this year:

Owen Daniels

I still resent you for drafting my target starter as your backup. I wound up with Chris Cooley and a whole bunch of other mess TE's. Summarized my season.

It would have been great this year having Gronk and Rodgers (with my 1st overall). Dem da the breaks.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#448 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Well....if you can't beat 'em.....join 'em....at the worst I'll get him injured and ruin his life....it's only fair :P

Lance Moore
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#449 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

This one's for you, Scott (NSFW for everyone else):

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#450 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I still resent you for drafting my target starter as your backup. I wound up with Chris Cooley and a whole bunch of other mess TE's. Summarized my season.

It would have been great this year having Gronk and Rodgers (with my 1st overall). Dem da the breaks.

Well I hate not having a younger guy with upside on the bench this year, but that's the way the draft went. Some of the trends were totally unexpected, like the run on the second-tier QB's in the fourth round or the D's flying off the board in the 10th. Or even the younger QB's going as high as they did. Obviously if you wanted a younger guy like Locker or Wilson (I knew that Luck and RGIII would be overpriced anyway), you had to reach a little since almost everyone else here wants the next Cam or the next Gronk-type in a late round.

Plus I honestly didn't think the hoarding of RB's would be as severe this year as it's been in other years since there were so many question marks on a lot of these guys but it had the opposite effect and made people even more desperate. Even the questionable guys and backups started flying off the board in Round 6. Leaving some good receivers and solid Flex picks imo stil around, hell Lance Moore's a good pick at this point. I'm just glad I got Gerhart before he was sniped on me :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 September 2012 - 11:34 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#451 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

This one's for you, Scott (NSFW for everyone else):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

So Laflamme can watch it too :lol:

Edited by CRASHER, 04 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#452 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Well I hate not having a younger guy with upside on the bench this year, but that's the way the draft went. Some of the trends were totally unexpected, like the run on the second-tier QB's in the fourth round or the D's flying off the board in the 10th. Or even the younger QB's going as high as they did. Obviously if you wanted a younger guy like Locker or Wilson (I knew that Luck and RGIII would be overpriced anyway), you had to reach a little since almost everyone else here wants the next Cam or the next Gronk-type in a late round.

Plus I honestly didn't think the hoarding of RB's would be as severe this year as it's been in other years since there were so many question marks on a lot of these guys but it had the opposite effect and made people even more desperate. Even the questionable guys and backups started flying off the board in Round 6. Leaving some good receivers and solid Flex picks imo stil around, hell Lance Moore's a good pick at this point. I'm just glad I got Gerhart before he was sniped on me :lol:

The 2nd tier QBs typically went 5th round (our 4th) in most leagues... Also, every mock draft review I've read, spoke about how even extremely questionable, injured, backup RBs were being horded while legit WR's were available.

The biggest reach was Vick in the 1st; which is such a volatile player... much like another Eagle, in DeSean Jackson. A lot of my draft sheets and ADP's had a couple QBs ahead of him, and certainly not in the 1st/2nd turn.

However, the turn at the 1st/2nd sucked this year. It was just filled with question marks and injuries. Manta gambled and reached for Vick at the turn instead. And then found me trying to bail out of the turn. So he gave up a 5th to move up... grab the sure-fire TE, and rolled the dice grabbing a question mark, should be stud if he's healthy, in JC... (I'll be cheering on a good Peyton Hillis split obviously)

Personally, if I could re-do my draft... I would have kept Steve Smith and grabbed Rodgers first overall... I jumped on the opportunity to have the legit top RB and a high 2nd rounder... not realizing I wanted no part of that round. I wasn't going to do the trade if MJD fell to me. But with my luck, MJD would have held out the year. Now he'll just be limited in a few games (then get injured for being out of game shape).

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#453 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

First pick of the fourth round here is still a fourth rounder in a normal draft. Book trends in normal drafts don't always translate over to a decidedly unique draft that takes weeks, not hours.

I wound up with the last guy in a lot of tiers...Romo was the last guy of the 2nd tier QB's and it also leveled off severely after Alex Smith too. Same with AP/Marshawn and Ridley at RB. Whether coming in at the end of tiers may or may not be a good thing, we'll see.

You couldn't have known Rodgers would be available, dr and a lot of the other keepers hadn't been set yet.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 September 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#454 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

First pick of the fourth round here is still a fourth rounder in a normal draft. Book trends in normal drafts don't always translate over to a decidedly unique draft that takes weeks, not hours.

I wound up with the last guy in a lot of tiers...Romo was the last guy of the 2nd tier QB's and it also leveled off severely after Alex Smith too. Same with AP/Marshawn and Ridley at RB. Whether coming in at the end of tiers may or may not be a good thing, we'll see.

You couldn't have known Rodgers would be available, dr and a lot of the other keepers hadn't been set yet.

True, 1st 4th = normal 4th rounder... but its more like a later 4th (~8th pick). So while QB's did go a little early, it wasn't that far off. And runs happen in every draft. It use to be TE and Defenses were the late round runs where once one went, the rest followed. Now, with TE's acting a lot more like receivers... it's really just defenses that sit there with people eyeing for the first one to be taken. Tier level QBs, RBs, WRs will always be a bit randomized based off team needs at the time.

Sure Rodgers may have been kept, but I would have wound up with one of the big 3 (Rodgers, Brees, Brady)... or at worst Foster (and the ability to keep him again next year)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#455 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

California speed bump.
Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#456 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

California speed bump.
Posted Image

Accompanied with 2 crutches..LOL

Give me the surprise defense of the year!!!

Posted Image

#457 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

I can't wait for the Mario Williams ACL tear :)

and Brian takes Randy Moss WR-SF....and we fly again till gimpy slows us down :P

#458 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

I can't wait for the Mario Williams ACL tear :)

and Brian takes Randy Moss WR-SF....and we fly again till gimpy slows us down :P

I already tore my quad...beat u too it....Ill see your Mario Willaims ACL Tear and raise you a Dumbo torn bicep!

#459 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I already tore my quad...beat u too it....Ill see your Mario Willaims ACL Tear and raise you a Dumbo torn bicep!

Kyle Orton >>> any Buffalo Burger Backup!!!

You are being such a baby about such a MINOR injury.....find a river to cry in....unless the earthquakes engulfed them all!!!

#460 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Kyle Orton >>> any Buffalo Burger Backup!!!

You are being such a baby about such a MINOR injury.....find a river to cry in....unless the earthquakes engulfed them all!!!

Oh cmon Im flying in tomorrow night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users