Brodeur won't start vs. Lightning

Devils731

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha wow.... i thought it was nearly impossible for this to happen considering it was Marty's night.... very awkward.. im pretty sure Marty is ticked off.

Well it said Marty and Sutter talked it over and Sutter wanted Marty to sit one game or the other. I'm thinking with the ceremony and stuff it makes more sense to rest Marty on Friday, when he's going to have other stuff going on other than just the game, than Saturday. It sounds like Marty chose Friday after Sutter asked him to pick one of the other.

hahahahaha wow.... i thought it was nearly impossible for this to happen considering it was Marty's night.... very awkward.. im pretty sure Marty is ticked off.

I'm not singling you out cause a bunch of people here have been saying it, but maybe its time we start thinking Brodeur is not above the rest of the team. I hope Marty is more mad about the way the team is playing then sitting a night.

I think this is a very good move.

A good message, I think: thanks for making a special night awkward, you all made it happen. Sure, part of it is Marty's play, but the whole crew has taken part in this slide. Some may think it a bit drastic but there aren't many games left to get this worked out. There are only so many ways to get the guys to say 'whoa, that's an eye opener', and I'm sure Sutter didn't want to play this card, but if this doesn't work then...I dunno what to think.

The players should be pissed - at themselves.

By Sutter's post game interview and comments last night he was saying that Brodeur will play the rest of the way, but we shall see. Guess he had that change of heart after he woke up and the team practiced today. This was also Brodeur's decision as well from what the TG article says. Just a little suprised he would sit on the night they are honoring him. Weekes maybe in Buffalo should have started and Brodeur vs. Tampa Bay for his night. Hopefully the Devils will end this 6-game losing streak with Weekes in goal tomorrow night.

This is a good move, but I have to wonder are the players starting to tune Sutter out.

Thinking that too after last night's game. Maybe so Manta as Sutter "put his foot down" the other day and the players did not respond and was trounced by Pittsburgh. Today was another meeting before practice. Maybe these veteran players need a closed door "only players" meeting to figure this out. Some players may have or starting to tune Sutter out. It wouldn't be the 1st Devils coach this has happened too.

I sorta kinda hope Sutter made the decision solo. I mean you gotta go to Marty and give him the heads up; he's certainly earned that. But this should be one of those "look, I know it's a big night and all, but Kevin is starting this one & I hope you understand why" more than "Hey Marty, would you mind sitting this one out, I think it would be a good idea".

I'm not singling you out cause a bunch of people here have been saying it, but maybe its time we start thinking Brodeur is not above the rest of the team.

I wasn't saying that at all. I said Marty probably feels ticked off b/c he was probably certain he would get that start. Maybe he didn't feel that way, who knows, I'm just guessing he felt ticked off.

Edited by nmigliore

I wasn't saying that at all. I said Marty probably feels ticked off b/c he was probably certain he would get that start. Maybe he didn't feel that way, who knows, I'm just guessing he felt ticked off.

Except, by the way TG wrote it, Marty had the final say on which game he would sit.

If they lose (and let's face it- we should beat Tampa with a phone book in net), the board will explode with WTF SUTTER HOW COME MARTY DIDNT PLAY WE LOST 6 IN A ROW HE SHOULD BE PLAYING OMG WTF!!!!???? posts.

We always would use a recycling can when we didnt have a goalie. It worked pretty well if you weighted it down.

And I like sitting Marty here - definitely sending a message.

I think Sutter should sit and let johnny Mac coach tomorrow -- cause that will accomplish as much as sitting Marty down will...

wrong.

I'm sure 17,625 people will be happy about this.............

I know one who is :thumbsup:

Looks like Sutter is sending a message

(about time SOME coach did too with this team like that :P)