2007 World Series: Red Sox vs. Rockies

thefiestygoat

Time to get this started. I am picking Boston in 5. The Rockies have had to sit and besides that, I think there luck is just bound to run out. Still have to give them a ton of credit for making it this far, lets see how far they actually can go. I hate the Red Sox but they deserve to be here. Congrats to them on their comeback over the Indians.

What do you guys think about this series?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whew!!! wow..hehe, now that was fun!! No sooner than we got back from the open house at the rock and drinking some of that fine sanagria at Iberia.. but then I got to witness one of the most satisfying RED SOX victories that I can remeber since 2004: YEAH BABY!!! DEREK EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! nuff said -

OOOOAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Edited by Guest

whew!!! wow..hehe, now that was fun!! No sooner than we got back from the open house at the rock and drinking some of that fine sanagria at Iberia.. but then I got to witness one of the most satisfying RED SOX victories that I can remeber since 2004: YEAH BABY!!! DEREK EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! nuff said -

OOOOAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Boston: $143,123,714

Cleveland: $61,289,667

Colorado: $54,424,000

Oh, I forgot, monster payroll difference$ can only be mentioned and whined about when it comes to the Yankee$ of the late 90's, and the gap show above is similar is not, greater, then the percentage the Yankee$ enjoyed in the late 90's....payroll was mentioned over and over and over then...why not now?

I am not suggesting payroll IS the reason, what I am suggesting is that fans and the media bitch about this over and over again with the Yankee$, why not the Red $ox?

Keep the hypocri$y train rollin! :rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB

So Boston is 82 million over Cleveland. The Yankees would be 42 million over Boston and 124 over Cleveland. Boston definitely spends a ton but I can still see why the Yankees get the most press over it. The gap between Boston and Yankees can almost pay for Colorado's payroll. :D

So Boston is 82 million over Cleveland. The Yankees would be 42 million over Boston and 124 over Cleveland. Boston definitely spends a ton but I can still see why the Yankees get the most press over it. The gap between Boston and Yankees can almost pay for Colorado's payroll. :D

Again, bringing the Yankee$ into my specific argument is irrelevant...I was discussing the Red $ox vs Cleveland's and Colorado's payroll and that is it...not the Yankee$,..THAT is something noone will dare talk about...how dare we bring up fact$, man they really do $uck

Well it's just you brought it up in a thread about the world series, comparing this to the Yankees. There wasn't any need to bring up the Yankees or even the salaries really. If you wanted to make the comparision then go ahead and make it but to complain nobody is making the comparison(when it seems to me it is being made) seems to be obsessive about it. I heard a lot of David vs Goliath for the last series and that was a direct result of the salaries of the 2 teams so I feel like you may be filtering some of that out because you want to complain the comparison isn't being made and it's unfair to the Yankees.