GDT: You can't blow us away (Devils @ Hurricanes) 3/9/13 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

What are you folks going to do when Marty and Hedberg retire?  This could be a preview of what's to come.

what else. trade for one or sign one. It's not coming from within

Devils will be out of the top 8 tomorrow

epitome of Larsson on the en, right there.  Not why they loss but he shows game in and game out that they could have done better with 4 overall.  Hedberg doesn't strike fear in opponents and doesn't inspire his team.  That's why they lost.  Frazee or Kinkaid should start tomorrow.

Honestly deboer starting hedberg tommorow is a signal that he needs to go for real. Also the fact that they came out like that in the 3rd period screams of coaching issues. I mean that was what desperation looks like, and at this point every period of every game needs to look like that for us. Starts at the top.

Very, very slow. I'm always a Larsson defender, but he looked awful on the play.

#4 overall with that footspeed? Oh okay

defense is about positioning, not speed. And somehow I don't think they were ignorant of his speed when they drafted him #4. How fast do you really need to be when you're skating backwards half the time?

So whats the solution ? What is the solution to get this team back to winning games ?

Considering Brodeur might be out for a long time, do we need another goalie to support Hedberg? If yes, that goalie is Frazee? Kinkaid ? Outside of the organisation goaltender ? (Trade)

Considering our offense sucks do we need need to trade for a top 6 forward ? Do we have the assets to get such a player ?

Even our defense seems bogus to me right now. Do we need to call up Urbom ? Or any kind of move to improve the defense ?

So whats the solution ? What is the solution to get this team back to winning games ?

Considering Brodeur might be out for a long time, do we need another goalie to support Hedberg? If yes, that goalie is Frazee? Kinkaid ? Outside of the organisation goaltender ? (Trade)

Considering our offense sucks do we need need to trade for a top 6 forward ? Do we have the assets to get such a player ?

Even our defense seems bogus to me right now. Do we need to call up Urbom ? Or any kind of move to improve the defense ?

Whoever is the goalie needs to start making tough saves.  Devils haven't had a goalie make more tough saves than giving up soft goals in 9 games, tough to win when that's happening.

Whoever is the goalie needs to start making tough saves.  Devils haven't had a goalie make more tough saves than giving up soft goals in 9 games, tough to win when that's happening.

Hedberg can't move side to side for the life of him. Any 2 on 1, we were doomed.

No moves are coming. There's not much you can do with pretty much zero in assets. None of our D are good enough to bring back a top 6 Forward alone, we can't afford to let go of any forwards, both goalies are over the hill. You can throw in prospects, but would Lou really want to put the team's future in jeopardy so that we can have a shot at being better this season?

This. We keep outshooting teams and losing. Sure, there are other issues, but a good goalie masks a lot of those, and Moose has been pretty bad since taking over.

DeBoer: "You look at our schedule, we’ve got back-to-back. It made no sense to keep Heddy in there. He’s got to play again tomorrow."

He doesn't HAVE to play tomorrow. Ugh. I'm about to lose my fvcking mind.

No moves are coming. There's not much you can do with pretty much zero in assets. None of our D are good enough to bring back a top 6 Forward alone, we can't afford to let go of any forwards, both goalies are over the hill. You can throw in prospects, but would Lou really want to put the team's future in jeopardy so that we can have a shot at being better this season?

Okay so basically unless you are saying this is pretty much a lost season (not making the playoffs) the answer is within the organization ?

What could we do that wouldn't be trade that could help the team?

Edited by SS-SS