GDT: Ottawa at Devils Game-5 5/5 8:00 PM

thelastonealive

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone tell me when the 'best goalie in the world' shows up.

brodeur's like a video game goalie who was programmed poorly - there's one spot on the ice you can beat him from every time. teams are still setting up all sorts of bad angle plays on him.

no excuse for langenbrunner to blow that open net opportunity - but everyone knows langenbrunner has bad hands, it's why he's not a 30 goal scorer and never will be.

Edited by Triumph

im not giving up till the final second. but this is a long shot now.

That first period was so good.

I'm not going to lie, things are looking very bleak for the Devils right now. They have sucked in essentially all aspects of the game this series. However, they are only down by 2, and there is still at least 20 minutes of hockey left in this game. I hope they can get one goal within the first 10 minutes of the third, and another one in the final 10. If they can get this game into overtime, then I would like there chances because that would have meant they have made a comeback and have momentum. Despite playing horrible in the first period of the first game, they scored 3 goals quickly, and almost came back and took that game. Now is the time for the Devils to step up and play there best hockey of the season. I believe in them. Lets Go Devils!

Quotes:

"For whatever reason, when our backs are to the wall, when we're in our most desperate situation, the true team shows up," said Jamie Langenbrunner, whose Game 2 overtime goal is the Devils' lone winner in this series.

"I believe in that group in that room, and I believe we have the ability to get it done," Lamoriello said.

"We played terrible that game (in 2000). That's a whole different scenario," center Scott Gomez said. "Everyone was feeling sorry for themselves. Everyone was moping around. Here, it's a different mentality. We know what's at stake."

The first period would have been good if they converted on more then one chance....How predictable was this? Come out like gangbusters, have an opportunity to go up 2 or 3-0, but alas. Did anyone really think the Sens would be held in check all game?

I'll always drink the kool-aid, but if the result of this game turns out to be the expected result, Lou will, rightfully so, be tested and probed more then he ever has. And, not to get too far ahead here, but if Lou thinks he has the right formula to keep/put together a championship caliber team, he is sorely mistaken....

I'll always drink the kool-aid, but if the result of this game turns out to be the expected result, Lou will, rightfully so, be tested and probed more then he ever has. And, not to get too far ahead here, but if Lou thinks he has the right formula to keep/put together a championship caliber team, he is sorely mistaken....

Of course Lou is going to be under criticism, he'd be under criticism no matter what happens unless they ended up winning it all this year. That being said, I don't see any difference between the team under Julien and the team under Lou. I think this is just a matter of the team not getting hot at the right time.

Wow that last goal on Brodeur was weak. Wtf?