Would you go to a rangers game if given a free ticket?

Bringbackbrylin

I'm interested to see if the hate is strong enough to pass up a free hockey game?

I have never passed on a free ticket and have been able to see some memorable games such as Shanny vs Brashear, Devils capping off the sweep a few years ago (also had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing the rangers clinching at the rock last year), amongst plenty others

I did a whole bunch of years ago... 98 I think :P.... I was in a bar and they were doing a hockey show and had a bar full of Ranger fans and none of those dumbasses knew Craig MacTavish was the center of infamy in 1994 so I waited 10 minutes for the loyal blueshirt morons to guess every OTHER NAME ON THE ROSTER beofre I put up my hand and answered....

the bar owner who knew my loyalties asked how I know... I told him that awful moment was burned in my skull in not just pain but enjoyment i'd not have to see it for 54 more years!!!

(and BTW the Canadians slaughtered the Rangers and Koviu had a hat trick!! :boogie: :boogie: )

Absolutely. I'd go to any hockey game given a free ticket. Just root against the team you want to root against, or root for the team you want to root for.

On top of being a Devil's fan, I'm also a hockey fan, and the NHL is a great place to see talent.

Edited by DevilNurn

I go to school at The College of New Jersey by Trenton and the closest NHL team to me down there are the Flyers. My girlfriend and I are huge Devils fans, but I love watching hockey in general. So for our anniversary I got us 2 tickets to a Flyers vs Thrashers game, and yes I paid for them. I regret not wearing my jersey, but we did root against the Flyers during the entire game. I also am fascinated by stadium/arena architecture so I wanted to see what the Wachovia Center looked like. It felt a lot like the Prudential Center except it didn't have as many high ceiling concourses and the seating sections were not as interesting as at the Rock. Back on topic.. Is it wrong to watch other teams, rivals or not, play some hockey?

I go to school at The College of New Jersey by Trenton and the closest NHL team to me down there are the Flyers. My girlfriend and I are huge Devils fans, but I love watching hockey in general. So for our anniversary I got us 2 tickets to a Flyers vs Thrashers game, and yes I paid for them. I regret not wearing my jersey, but we did root against the Flyers during the entire game. I also am fascinated by stadium/arena architecture so I wanted to see what the Wachovia Center looked like. It felt a lot like the Prudential Center except it didn't have as many high ceiling concourses and the seating sections were not as interesting as at the Rock. Back on topic.. Is it wrong to watch other teams, rivals or not, play some hockey?

i've gotten flack

I'm interested to see if the hate is strong enough to pass up a free hockey game?

I have never passed on a free ticket and have been able to see some memorable games such as Shanny vs Brashear, Devils capping off the sweep a few years ago (also had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing the rangers clinching at the rock last year), amongst plenty others

If there was no Devil game the same night sure...but that'd be one game I'd have no qualms leaving early to make a train :P

Well, me being a Devils fan and my brother being a Rangers and having a mother who likes family outings. My brother and I have seen each others team play multiple times. When I go to the Rangers games I wear my Devil's jersey and vice versa for the Devil's games. It's always fun because you do get some flak from the fans like.... um your teams not playing here wtf are you doing here wearing that? I always reply to remind you who's better :P

Well, me being a Devils fan and my brother being a Rangers and having a mother who likes family outings. My brother and I have seen each others team play multiple times. When I go to the Rangers games I wear my Devil's jersey and vice versa for the Devil's games. It's always fun because you do get some flak from the fans like.... um your teams not playing here wtf are you doing here wearing that? I always reply to remind you who's better :P

I know, that's why I was regretting that I left my jersey back in my dorm room. Next time though......

My wife and I are Rangers fans, but have been to several Devils games (not vs. Rangers), and have visited other NHL cities. It's fun to see other cities. arenas and teams. If you're a hockey fan (rather than just a Devils fan), I also recommend NCAA Div 1 hockey. Past "Frozen Four" events provided an opportunity to see players like Zach Parise, Tomas Vanek and Brian Gionta, among others.

Are you possibly an architecture student?

Absolutely. Never turn down a chance to watch hockey. I've gone to Devils, Rangers, Flyers, Rockin' Rollers, Titans/T-Devils, Boardwalk Bullies, Phantoms, River Rats, etc. games and sometimes even stop by the Ice Palace just to see what's going on. And as much as the Rangers suck, an evening spent in NYC is always a good time.

Absolutely. Never turn down a chance to watch hockey. I've gone to Devils, Rangers, Flyers, Rockin' Rollers, Titans/T-Devils, Boardwalk Bullies, Phantoms, River Rats, etc. games and sometimes even stop by the Ice Palace just to see what's going on. And as much as the Rangers suck, an evening spent in NYC is always a good time.

Yes off-course even If they are playing with somelse. you can't never det to tired of roooting for the Rangers to lose.