‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Minnesota now has two of the worst contracts in hockey counting against their caps for 13 years with pretty much no way out of them. Absolutely horrendous contracts.

This is why Lou is in charge. The Kovy deal is a million times better for the team than what Parise/Suter just signed.

The rumor is that he offered Zach a contract in February. And even if that didn't happen, Zach picked his hometown team. Were the Devils going to have the state of Minnesota transported, lake by lake, to New Jersey?

I saw that once on some reality show.

I respect his decision to play elsewhere, but I can't say I respect the way he did it. I know all the "we" and "us" stuff is often reading too far into things, but Parise said he wants to stay. He made it clear that he was happy in NJ and did everything but outright tell us that the would re-sign with the Devils. At least Kovalchuk had the decency to say that although he was happy here, it's a business and he would be open to other offers. Parise makes it seem like NJ or nothing, and then bolts.

UGH, at least it's a bad contract. Here's to hoping we can get Paajarvi or something.

The rumor is that he offered Zach a contract in February. And even if that didn't happen, Zach picked his hometown team. Were the Devils going to have the state of Minnesota transported, lake by lake, to New Jersey?

Why can't we draft or sign any players from New Jersey that want to play here? **** Bobby Ryan, local boy who wants to be a Flyer.

And the Wild probably still had the highest offer unless the Flyers actually did go over $100 million so I don't really want to hear about hometown.

Edited by NJDevs4978

at that contract we don't sign Zach even if we don't have kovy. Glad Lou went the extra mile for him cause it's better to have one then none. Feels like Nieds where it wasn't just about money, although nieds took less.

Not sure how Zach signs here without people caling for Lou's head for giving the worst contract in nhl history.

not happy but at least sh!t will be blown up today to relieve some stress

Joe

ps just an educated guess. people will predict we miss the playoffs. This team makes it as a 5 - 7 seed then anything can happen once the dance begins, won't be a favorite but wont shock if you win a few rounds. Like most of the teams Lou has put together over the last 20 years.

Edited by Joe B

We have overcome greater loses then this. We have lost hall of famers in Scott Stevens and Scott Neidermayer. We have lost our true heart and soul in Kenny D. We have lost out on players that were greater pieces in the puzzle of the Devils history. Gomez, Holik, Brylin, Madden. All these players have done more for the Devils then Parise ever did for us.

In a great comparison this is no worse then losing Paul Martin to a ridiculous contract to the Penguins and we are seeing how well that has turned out.

The Devils will rise above this and continue on to the success we have always had.

Edited by Satans Hockey

That's a lot of lakes. 10,000 or so, I believe.

Lou tried. I don't blame Lou. He worked hard to get something done, and Zach got led on by agents, daddy, and his buddy. Zach will roll around in cash and never win sh!t the rest of his life. Well, maybe that's not true. He and Suter will be leading Team USA at the World's for a pretty long time, so maybe he'll win something.

I'm not gonna lie, it might be hard to root for team USA with Zach and Suter leading them lol. The Olympics are a glorified All-Star tournament anyway.

eh, disappointing it didn't go our way.

Still have a ton of respect for the guy, and if in fact he did take the time to see what his family/future wife thought speaks even more to his character IMO. I for one will cheer him when he comes back to play us. Hope there are more who will.

Now that my initial rage and disappointment has settled down a bit..

That is a horrible deal, all things considered. In no way, shape, or form should the Devils have committed that much money to him, especially having given Kovy his contract. That much money in two left wingers would have been a terrible, terrible idea.

The Devils can recover from this. Now, if Zajac leaves next year..that's a problem worth pulling some hair out over.

***IF ANYTHING HAS BEEN LEARNED FROM THIS, I HOPE IT'S THAT LOU SHOULD START CONTRACT TALKS WITH IMPENDING UFA'S BEFORE THE END OF JUNE

He had best start talking to Zajac in fvcking October.

He tried to last summer, and he supposedly offered a contract in February. Both times, his agents told him to wait until free agency, and he has a 100 million reasons why. This "Lou didn't try hard enough" bull is just that.

Whatever guys, this sucks now, but down the road we'll be happy Zach isn't on that contract with the Devils (See: Gomez, Gionta, Holik)

Enjoy your holiday, I'm officially done with this nonsense for a while, assuming Semin isn't acquired sometime soon.

Disappointed, but not shocked. if he's not with us, I'm thrilled it's not Detroit, Philly, Pitts. or nyr, which was my fear for the last year. I don't hate him like I would have if he was with one of the previous mentioned teams, but he's just another player now. We've survived others leaving, we'll survive this. GO DEVILS!!!

You call my post stupid, show me no respect although I have done nothing to disrespect you, and then don't even respond to me when I try to defend my original post.

I didn't see your reply. I went for lunch and came back to 10 more pages and the announcement of the signings. I think Zach didn't do one thing wrong in this entire saga. Fans were going to feel slighted no matter what happened here. Trust me, there are athletes doing 1000x times worse things than saying "we" while under contract and "don't worry". If that's the worst anyone has...well then he's a fvcking class act until he left.

No matter what he did..he'd be fvcked.

He tried to last summer, and he supposedly offered a contract in February. Both times, his agents told him to wait until free agency, and he has a 100 million reasons why. This "Lou didn't try hard enough" bull is just that.

Yep, this was over the moment Zach hired an agent. Lou wouldn't hand out a contract unless it made sense for both parties. The agent got him a contract that only makes sense for one party.

It is what it is. I still think Henrique is gonna end up being a better player anyway. There's too much young talent on this Devils team to be upset over losing someone to one of the worst contracts in the sport.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.