We signed Krys Barch for 2 years

grcenter47

As I said, I think they knew Zharkov was on the way out and didn't even bother bringing him up. There must have been some reason that no one wanted him on the big club.

Because Lou, as smart as he is, isn't quite sure what wins and loses hockey games.

I'm pretty sure Zharkov wouldn't be on the way out if he had played 50 games here. Hell, even in the 4 games he was here, his line was positive in shot differential. Of course, once he left, they went back to being way in the negative.

Because Lou, as smart as he is, isn't quite sure what wins and loses hockey games.

I'm pretty sure Zharkov wouldn't be on the way out if he had played 50 games here. Hell, even in the 4 games he was here, his line was positive in shot differential. Of course, once he left, they went back to being way in the negative.

I know he was a good player in those terms. The 'apparently Zharkov isn't an NHLer' thing was a sarcastic comment. What I'm saying is that even with Kovy's influence (if he has any), Zharkov still couldn't stick. Mills and Sestito couldn't score or pass and weren't as good, but they played. That's why I feel there was a non-hockey reason that he didn't always get the call, and one that I could think of was that he had expressed his intention to leave.

The psychology of that line was weird all year. It takes Stephen Gionta scoring a goal in a glorified exhibition game to make them think differently. He's not better than Zharkov, he might be more willing to take the body, but still...

So if Zharkov gets a garbage goal, do they change the setup of the line around? lol.

I don't watch Albany but you look at Gionta's numbers this year and it looks like a guy who is at the end of his rope. And he's still significantly better than the NHL 4th line wings that were used for much of the season.

I also wonder hiw Barth's history of shouting racial epithets will sit with our $9 million lockerroom leader.

It just gets worse the more you think about it.

He has played with black players before, Trevor Daley was on the Stars and the Stars actually have a black assistant coach on their team too Paul Jerrard.

Yeah, but his slur against Subban occurred when he was on the Panthers.

Still doesn't mean he hates all black people. sh!t gets said under the heat of the moment and Subban pays the game like an asshat so I could understand why someone would blow up and say whatever they felt like to him whether it be right or wrong.

I don't care what he has said. He sucks and that's what I care about.

Well, if we're going to ramble about the guy being racist, it's only fair to put out what he said.

Who cares if he sucks, all goons suck. The day of the Randy McKay "player-goon" are long over. As if this impedes them from doing something else and it means Tedenby won't be handed a roster spot like dumbass Nick last year and it means they obviously won't trade any defenseman and they'll roll with 8.

I see Lou had to do his annual "sign an enforcer who sucks at hockey for 2 years even though he'll be bought out after the 1st year" deal.

Do these guys all have the same agent? Maybe it's a Lou style kick-back. "Yeah, here's a contract. Enjoy that 10%, wink-nod."

If it's just back up in case one goon gets hurt, I just wish he'd keep the other goon in the minors. Having them both on the NHL roster is just... I mean even as a guy who understands that their role is necessary, I can't understand having both at once.

Do these guys all have the same agent? Maybe it's a Lou style kick-back. "Yeah, here's a contract. Enjoy that 10%, wink-nod."

If it's just back up in case one goon gets hurt, I just wish he'd keep the other goon in the minors. Having them both on the NHL roster is just... I mean even as a guy who understands that their role is necessary, I can't understand having both at once.

Janssen and Barch have the same agent

Well, if we're going to ramble about the guy being racist, it's only fair to put out what he said.

Who cares if he sucks, all goons suck. The day of the Randy McKay "player-goon" are long over. As if this impedes them from doing something else and it means Tedenby won't be handed a roster spot like dumbass Nick last year and it means they obviously won't trade any defenseman and they'll roll with 8.

Hm? They can't go with 8 and fit everyone on the roster unless you believe that Cam Janssen is headed for the minors, which we know isn't happening. That's just to give Lou some potential roster flexibility.

Edited by Triumph