Zidlicky Injured?

DevilinLA

I know I pretty much speak for myself here, but I am absolutely not a Zidlicky fan.

His offensive abilities have certainly helped us a good amount this playoff run, but I don't think his offensive talent has made up for his numerous mistakes defensively, or penalty wise.

I know I pretty much speak for myself here, but I am absolutely not a Zidlicky fan.

His offensive abilities have certainly helped us a good amount this playoff run, but I don't think his offensive talent has made up for his numerous mistakes defensively, or penalty wise.

imo they also wouldnt be in the 3rd round without the trade for zidlicky.

along with that trade you have to make the player they should have signed for a lower pairing is on the rangers defense. better hope that doesnt come back to haunt lamoriello.

I was against the trade to get him in a big way (look at my history), but I'm happy to say I'm eating crow. He has been great for us, and he is a very big reason why we are where we are. Defensemen usually go under the radar so its harder to see their contribution in the grand scheme of things, but he has been a difference maker.

imo they also wouldnt be in the 3rd round without the trade for zidlicky.

along with that trade you have to make the player they should have signed for a lower pairing is on the rangers defense. better hope that doesnt come back to haunt lamoriello.

stralman has been not good for the rangers in these playoffs. there's no haunting there at all.

stralman has been not good for the rangers in these playoffs. there's no haunting there at all.

Here's just one article saying otherwise.

My link

stralman has had a solid playoffs for the role hes asked to play behind 3 of their top horses. i wouldnt expect you agree with that so no surprise there.

Edited by hockey3893498

Here's just one article saying otherwise.

My link

stralman has been a solid pickup and hes had a nice playoffs for the role hes asked to play behind 3 of their top horses. i wouldnt expect you agree with that so no surprise there.

of course not, even though you're clearly a new poster and we're just getting to know each other.

GuyIncognito.jpg

stralman has been a back pairing defenseman given protected ice time and he's gotten some shots through. he's getting 17 minutes of ice time a game in the playoffs even though the rangers have played several overtime games. he is not a 'pivotal' player - he's BEEN pivotal because the rangers can't score worth a goddamn and stralman has been lucky enough to score 3 times. but tortorella doesn't trust him in key situations at all.

zidlicky has led the devils in ice time, quarterbacked the power play, hasn't been protected at all, and has done real well for himself. the devils could've used stralman in the beginning of the season, but there's no way stralman could do what zidlicky is doing now.

Edited by Triumph

of course not, even though you're clearly a new poster and we're just getting to know each other.

stralman has been a back pairing defenseman given protected ice time and he's gotten some shots through. he's getting 17 minutes of ice time a game in the playoffs even though the rangers have played several overtime games. he is not a 'pivotal' player.

zidlicky has led the devils in ice time, quarterbacked the power play, hasn't been protected at all, and has done real well for himself.

i dont need to know you very well your arrogant attack and attitude on me the other evening filled me in quite nicely.

i never said he was a pivotal player and never compared him to zidlicky. i said stralman would have made a nice back pairing 7th defenseman for the devils and adding zidlicky to the mix would have been enough NHL caliber depth. stralman has fit in nicely as a ranger this postseason anyone who covers or watches the rangers sees that but you. he doesnt need to be pivotal on a d corps that has 3 horses on it. 3 horses that tortorella rides to death as he does with top players.

Edited by hockey3893498

i dont need to know you very well your arrogant attack and attitude on me the other evening filled me in quite nicely. youre a piece of work.

sorry i didn't shrink this down to avatar size for you, but i think this would be good:

BobbyValentineDisguise_display_image.jpg?1325566311

i never said he was a pivotal player and never compared him to zidlicky. i said stralman would have made a nice back pairing 7th defenseman for the devils and adding zidlicky to the mix would have been enough NHL caliber depth. stralman has fit in nicely as a ranger this postseason anyone who covers or watches the rangers sees that but you. he doesnt need to be pivotal on a d corps that has 3 horses on it. 3 horses that tortorella rides to death as he does with top players.

your article from the times called him a pivotal player in the headline. i don't think stralman would have signed here to be a 7th defenseman, and if he had a sense that's what he was getting into, it would've been stupid for him to be here. he's clearly an NHL quality defenseman who can work a power play. he's better than kurtis foster 5 on 5, that is pretty obvious, but kurtis foster is probably better on the power play. i don't think he's better than peter harrold - the two are about even.

stralman has been okay, not great, and hasn't given tortorella any confidence at all that he can be used in key situations. the devils should have 0 regrets about not signing him.

Edited by Triumph

bobby valentine huh? id bet you two have so much in common both of your wives would set you up on a date.

whats your problem were here to talk hockey lighten up.

Edited by hockey3893498

Regardless of eventual outcome, I think the Caps pushing the series to 7 really helped the Devils, in the sense that those nursing injury (especially Zids) can heal up for the 3rd round. PDB will keep them ready. Even if they have a flat 1st period, they'll turn it around.

Regardless of eventual outcome, I think the Caps pushing the series to 7 really helped the Devils, in the sense that those nursing injury (especially Zids) can heal up for the 3rd round. PDB will keep them ready. Even if they have a flat 1st period, they'll turn it around.

I did enjoy Flyer fans using the 'our team is rusty' excuse all the way up until Game 3. I don't anticipate this being a problem.

Edited by Triumph

bobby valentine huh? id bet you two have so much in common both of your wives would set you up on a date.

whats your problem were here to talk hockey lighten up.

You do see your contradiction there right?

Plus, not to be immature or anything but you kinda were the first one to make this personal in this thread.

I did enjoy Flyer fans using the 'our team is rusty' excuse all the way up until Game 3. I don't anticipate this being a problem.

lmao, they were rusty for one period.

I think the Devils other than Marty (who doesn't like long layoffs) will benefit more from getting healthy than be harmed by having a few days off. And Marty hasn't been that great in the postseason anyway, though he was better against the Flyers than he was against the Panthers - after he started that series with a week layoff.

there was definitely only a select few that thought they could manage the team better than Lou

I don't think it's that. I think it's just that some of Lou's moves since the lockout have not panned out like asham, mcgillis, mogilny, rachunek, vishnevski, rolston, havalid, skoula, Janssen, boulton, etc..