New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried about the Kovy attention or the cap number having an averse affect on Zach, Lou won't allow an insane cap number and Zach doesn't have the ego to where the attention on Kovy will matter.

I've said this before but the only thing that concerns me about Zach is if he still thinks we're a top-flight organization. And the only way to alleviate that concern is start winning playoff rounds, although signing a big player like Kovy as well as our other additions at least show we're still committed to winning.

Right. And I would say signing Kovy is the first step in getting Zach to resign. If Zach leaves it's because of the frustration from not being on a team that can win anything and where there is too much pressure on him...it will not be because Kovy takes away the spotlight from him.

if this tweet is to be believed, i doubt we reach 480. and i don't think new jersey is going to be messing around with the league office again. i hope to see a 13 year deal at 88 million, front-loaded, w/ a short tail that ends at 2 million.

I'm not going to lie. That deal would be a smart and safe option. After all, it has the same cap hit as my proposed 15 year deal. But I still wouldn't be surprised to see my deal.

Oh and guys...can we please stop wasting forum space on discussing the possibility of Elias being traded? It's just stupid and it ain't happening.

perhaps it will go down something like Rolston, a Defenceman, Prospect and a draft pick going to a team like the fish stix for a bag of pucks... then the big announcement.

i agree, the elias speculation is just absurd... :blink:

we are on page 476....

4+7+6 = 17

The 17's are falling into place today..

someone pointed that out two-three pages ago

how about this for creepy though:

if kovy signs today, 82/3 = 27.333, which is kovy's approx age right now [within a few tenths] since his bday was just over 4 months ago.