96 replies to this topic

#61 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hmmm well see.........I am neutral right now on this. I've been Macleaned so I am very distrustful of former Devils player to coaches.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#62 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hmmm well see.........I am neutral right now on this. I've been Macleaned so I am very distrustful of former Devils player to coaches.

MacLean was a great assistant coach, though.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#63 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

MacLean was a great assistant coach, though.

good point. We know we have a good head coach anyways - that's really all that matters and whether or not Shaw can make our pp score.

#64 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

My jersey is relevant again

This nearly made me fall off my chair!

By that standard if you want a relevant item buy a suit jacket with Stevens stitched onto the back of it!! :P

PK "retiring" sucks.

I know you are out there PK!!!

You are reading this!!!!! :ph34r:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#65 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

I get the feeling if Stevens works out, within the next 2-4 years he's a head coach, or at least will get an offer from someone...maybe even here if DeBoer's team ever were to falter. Not like Devils coaches stick around for terribly long under Lou.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#66 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

I can't wait for Torts to start sh!t again. Stevens doesn't get into shouting matches like Mac or DeBo. He kills.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#67 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Coaching has been so puzzling for NJ. You look at the structure we have, you would think we would have a Lindy Ruff type longevity. I don't want to think about Steven's as a head coach... because I want to ride with PDB for the ups and downs, and not can him in the first losing streak.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

I can't wait for Torts to start sh!t again. Stevens doesn't get into shouting matches like Mac or DeBo. He kills.

I've been thinking the same thing.. We've seen PDB vs Torts, Torts vs Lavi, Lavi vs Bylsma..

As much as you need an enforcer on the ice in the Atlantic Division, it seems like you need one on the bench even more :P

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#69 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Coaching has been so puzzling for NJ. You look at the structure we have, you would think we would have a Lindy Ruff type longevity. I don't want to think about Steven's as a head coach... because I want to ride with PDB for the ups and downs, and not can him in the first losing streak.

I do think Lou has been too quick to fire coaches, but it is kind of amazing how shooting percentage dries up around here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#70 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Does anyone else follow (or I should say "like") Martinbrodeur30.com on Facebook? The reason i ask is about a week or 2 ago (whenever it was announced that Oates was leaving) i was going through "My Wall" on Facebook and there was a status update / article posted by MartinBrodeur30.com with something to the effect of "Devils Name Scott Stevens Asst. Coach" and when I clicked the link on it to the website it was a dead link and when I clicked back on my browser that status update was gone; forever. Long story short, it's like Marty (or really whomever runs his site) knew this a couple weeks ago and posted it by mistake and i happened to catch it for a split second. Not really news or anything, just wanted to share...

PS - I like Scott Stevens.

I did see when that happened, and I thought the same thing, that maybe Marty knew about it and posted it early by accident.

#71 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

I do think Lou has been too quick to fire coaches, but it is kind of amazing how shooting percentage dries up around here.

Besides JMac, which coach got canned because the team wasn't getting luck?

Edited by SMantzas, 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#72 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

JMac was terrible... It wasnt about not getting luck lol you dont go 29-10-something just cause ur unlucky

www.SterioDesign.com

#73 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ftorek and Robinson the first time. Given that the only other true firing was Julien - Robinson stepped down, Sutter left, Burns had to step down - that's a lot.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#74 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Like the addition of Shaw and love the addition of Stevens. Excited to see what they can bring to the team, especially now with Stevens on the bench.

#75 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ftorek and Robinson the first time. Given that the only other true firing was Julien - Robinson stepped down, Sutter left, Burns had to step down - that's a lot.

Ftorek with his bench rage episode. That was comical to watch but now its one of those :doh1: moments from a professional standpoint. a bench!? I could see a stick or a water bottle or something loose, but to throw a bench!?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#76 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Ftorek with his bench rage episode. That was comical to watch but now its one of those :doh1: moments from a professional standpoint. a bench!? I could see a stick or a water bottle or something loose, but to throw a bench!?

Every time I watch that video I always wonder how the Red Wings cannot afford a real bench where it is bolted to the ground like every other arena. I know it was back in 2000 and the Joe is one of the older arenas but c'mon lol.

#77 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

JMac was terrible... It wasnt about not getting luck lol you dont go 29-10-something just cause ur unlucky

No, he was a pretty bad coach but not THAT bad. I think the team shot like 4% during his tenure

#78 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

stevens is a great signing. been anxious to see him in a more active role. it will be great to see him behind the bench. no more shouting from torts!

shaw has been in the top 5 PP for 3 years running. that is a great signing as well.

we shall see

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#79 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image To say he got canned because the team was unlucky is ridiculous. Was the team lucky? No. But he got canned because he was one of the worst coaches in history.

Edited by ben00rs, 18 July 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#80 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm so glad he did. Stephen Walkom was so brutal that game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users